A little birdie says there are some funny stories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    I'm not naming any names... but for the amusement, come on, let us hear your stories and requests you've emailed Mike, such as extra points for doing certain things... All of which I believe have been denied

and no... Mike wasn't the birdie.
  2. KoroJ
    KoroJ
    Wot you talkin' 'bout Willis!!
  3. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Come on, fess up... what was yours?
  4. LBD
    LBD
    you mean like another 4000 pts if you, your tee shirt AND bike in the SI photo?.....or possibly an under 50cc turtle bonus?
  5. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    The Stewart Island one is there for all to see... yes... there was something about the 50cc having a ridicule tolerance, and someone wanting extra just for riding a non-dual purpose bike over the gravel roads to achieve the Compass Points.

The cheek of some I tells ya...
  6. LBD
    LBD
    I suspected you may have been after a bonus to complete the ride without refueling...
  7. KoroJ
    KoroJ
    Well!!.....

I might have emailed Mike and suggested that he was a ‘Rotten Sod’! (purely because he “should know ST’s and gravel don’t mix and planned the flyers accordingly”)

There may also be an element of truth in the fact that I suggested, ‘The least you could do is promote another 2 or 3,000 bonus points for doing the 5 compass points on a fat radialled big wallowy ST’!

It is also rumoured, there was a mention that, “setting flyers to places that even Free Open NZ Routing don’t know the goat track exists” wasn’t really on….and if that had been said, then it would probably have been accompanied by another reference to the original suggestion of lineage…???

If!......(and of course that is a big if)….if something like the above had been said then that would probably have been reinforced with a…”mumble mumble…Bloody Adventure Riders and your Dusty Butt rides!! No doubt I’ll see you there!”

As one would expect from the likes of Mr Hyde, if he did receive anything like this, then……he would probably be totally unsympathetic! (Like I said…no doubt comes from a long line of Rotten Sods)…..and among other things, he would likely say, “Look on the bright side.. at least I’m not having to ride it.” …or words to that effect!!

Me being me….(you know, always an eye out for an opening), my interpretation of said comment would be, “Was that an offer to lend me your bike? (You know I’d be gentle)”

And of course, the ‘Rottenest of Sods’ would probably reply to something like that with,…” No problem John, where do you want to pick it up from? Gravel flyers should be a lot easier than on the ST.” then offer me something like…..... Picture a skeleton bike that did the rounds some time ago. (Pretty thing with NO lights, NO suspension, NO fuel tank to speak of , fatter radials than a 109 and harshly raked bones on the front)……Really….the man’s a cur!!

Like I said…..”Rotten Sod”….Unsympathetic Rotten Sod!

......at least, if I did have the gaul to ask for more bonuses, it would probaby have gone something like that!!??
  8. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Thank goodness it was only alleged aye John?

No Paul... no request for additional bonuses (even 3000km is a bit of a stretch too far - depending on distances falling right, I may be able to fill 5 times). As a GSA rider, I said I simply appreciated the huge hours that went into assembling all the information....

Not demanding like all these crazy people
  9. Jantar
    Jantar
    Well I could see merit in perhaps another 1000 pts bonus for someone prepared to ride a large tourer over the Haka pass in the middle of the night. And another 1000 if they drop their bike in the ford and to have dry it out to get going again.
  10. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Are you volunteering to trick KoroJ into the passes Jantar?
  11. Gixxer peter
    Gixxer peter
    There may have been a suggestion of extra points for taking a turtle (C50) ( i called it a bonus system for stupidity). This was when it looked like a bronze trophy was out of reach (the points reqd at the start were 15000 then dropped to 10000 now 7000) but i also suggested that we did not need an unfair advantage just wanted to be able to get a trophy, otherwise we may as well keep riding round and around the block, collect no points at all and claim the 2000kM only, no fun in that...
    But once the points level dropped and i relised that even a silver is not out of reach of a 50, it is now..... bring it on.
    Must try and find the fifty and see if it still goes??
  12. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    You may not get anything special Peter, but I think we're all going to commend you, if you pull it off.
  13. LBD
    LBD
    I note there are 2 x C50's in the entry list....have we got a mental health issue developing?
  14. KoroJ
    KoroJ
    Would you ride alone on a C50?....you might get bullied or something by the nasty big GN's!
  15. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Nah mate, it's the cyclists they have to worry about...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast