LED Headlight Conversion

1. Voltaire
    Voltaire

For some reason yet to be determined on a wet dark night low beam stays on with high beam.

brighter.

Took a whopping 10 minutes
  2. RDjase
    RDjase
    Is it a new headlight or does the LED have same mounting as the H4 ?

Looks heaps better !
  3. RDjase
    RDjase
    Whats the LED worth?
  4. Voltaire
    Voltaire
    its a straight swap for the H4,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-H7-Car-M...14d6a0&vxp=mtr

about $35 I paid
  5. Motu
    Motu
    You haven't got that horrible H4 horizontal cutoff on dip beam ? I want to get rid of my headlamp and fit something with a nice symmetrical dip, but all such lamps are low powered.
  6. Voltaire
    Voltaire
    you mean with the angled cut off line pattern thing? yes it has that.
    Does your R65 have the larger H4 light or the small one.
    By Symmetrical you mean the ones with oval bits?
  7. Motu
    Motu
    Yeah, the asymmetric horizontal cutoff pattern for cars - it's no good on bikes because in corners you get less and less light as you lean over...to the right. The old motorcycle 7'' round lamp had a centred beam and a vertical dip, cars dipped to the right, also no good on a bike in right turns. They were only 35 watt, so no good these days. On my XLV750 I put driving lights on the crash bars and angled them out, but the alt couldn't keep up, and I don't think the BMW will either. I want a light with a symmetrical centre dip beam....maybe the only way is to go twin lamps.

Some guy comes into work for a WoF on a DR650 - he's made a fancy ADV looking twin headlamp setup....but he's got a horizontal cutoff beam - duh. Is everyone but me happy with a cutoff beam, like they just accept McDonalds as a typical burger ?
  8. Max Headroom
    Max Headroom
    Headlights are only required for getting WOF's.

Unless one actually rides at night. Who does that?
  9. Ixion
    Ixion
    New dangled gadgets. S o what's wrong with good old fashioned acetylene then ?
  10. Kickaha
    Kickaha
    S o what's wrong with good old fashioned acetylene then ?
    Nothing, especially if you like making acetylene bombs
  11. Diggers
    Diggers
    Shiftworkers Max! Although theres plenty of lights and not many turns on the motorway!