GSXR Owners

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. onearmedbandit
    onearmedbandit
    Right, suppose I better get the ball rolling. An '85 GSXR750 was my first introduction to proper sportsbikes, and as an unlicensed young'un used to blag rides to school on the back of one of my brothers mates one. At the age of 15 he threw me the keys one night, and I ain't ever looked back since. A few years later I owned an ex-race 85 model in the iconic blue and white. Had it for about two years before I lost the use of my left arm in a highside accident on it one day. In a drug induced stupor at hospital I agreed to my brother selling the bike, something I now regret.

Next GSXR I owned was a 1997 750, in blue and white of course. Had her for about two years when I was made an offer on a mint K2 thou that I just couldn't resist. Had that for about a year before I highsided it down the track at Ruapuna. Cue rebuild into what it is today, the Lucky Strike rep.

Mods include, Yoshi engine management system, Yoshi tri-oval carbon can, Crescent Suzuki rearsets, Brembo 4 pot calipers, Ohlins rear shock and steering dampner, K&N filter, Pazzo brake lever, Yoshi GT Meter and some other bits and pieces like carbon frame covers, one-off paint job and graphics, etc.
  2. SixPackBack
    SixPackBack
    On me second Gixxer now having owned both a K4 and now a K6. K4 was a problematic bike that I never really felt comfortable on, the K6 however suits me well. I commute over 300K a week and have had it on the track once, bike has now traveled 46K.
  3. Cajun
    Cajun
    Howdy

on my second gixxer as well

owned a 96 GSX-R1100WT for two years, and did alot of communting on it.

Second was a 04 GSX-R 600, owned since new coming up 50,000kms. Full yoshi system, pc3, 520 gearing, ohlins damper, rear, race tech front(ohlins soon). Just picked up an ex top f2 race engine, which lots of trick yoshi parts which will soon be making it to my bike. I have decided to keep this bike until i kill it. After 4 years still love the look of it.
  4. Kittyhawk
    Kittyhawk
    My ex was a k3 gsxr 600.... thinking when i get my next bike it may just be another gixer

before her i had a 92 gsxr 250... it lasted a week before it blew up
  5. JWALKER
    JWALKER
    hey.

ride a 03 gsxr600 alstare edition.
    awesome bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Kittyhawk
    Kittyhawk
    this was my last bike
  7. JWALKER
    JWALKER
    very nice bike kitty
  8. Matt Bleck
    Matt Bleck
    On my second gixxer, a silver K3 1000. First one was a 97 750 SRAD.
  9. SixPackBack
    SixPackBack
    Remember the custards? The photo shows 5 of the fookers [DMNTD,nodrog,SPB,Qkkid,?].........DMNTD sold his after that day, summat about common!
    Photo was taken in Kaiwaka.
  10. Pussy
    Pussy
    Hey fellow gixxer riders!
    My list of gixxers: 1999 GSX-R1100WW, 2001 GSX-R1000 K1, 2003 GSX-R1000 K3, 2004 GSX-R1000 K4, 2006 GSX-R1000 K6, and then when Gassit girl got her K6 750... a week later traded the 1000 and got a K6 GSX-R750 myself.
    A list of mods: K&N filter,Goodridge front brake lines, Ohlins SU 678 TTX 36 shock, Ohlins FGK 132 fork cartridges, Ohlins steering damper, NGK Iridium plugs, Motovation no-cut crash bungs, and a Radguard. Next will be a Power Commander, and will get Gary Pendleton to custom map it.
    I'm delighted with the sem fiddy, for me, it's the best bike I've ever owned
  11. Kittyhawk
    Kittyhawk
    I liked my ex she was very nimble in twisties but hopeless on straights, 13 sec at the drags in meremere but that was fully stock standard.

I quite like the colours on this busa pic, something different
  12. sosman
    sosman
    Hi all
    My introduction to bikes was a swap[my mountainbike for a suzi gt185 biscuit wheel 2 smoker road bike]
    suzi i had in this order
    250 bandit 1991
    400 impulse 1987
    Rm250k7
    & from feb o8 GSXR750k6
    The GXSR has a tail tidy,motrax crash bungs some wheel stripes i put on & a jardine muffler i use for trackdays only[cause too bloody loud for road]
    been riding on/off for 17 years & Done my first two trackdays at taupo last month,I know pretty bloody slack of me but now im hooked on trackdays
    Im loving the 7friddy on the track & cant wait for hamptondowns to finish[closer to home]
  13. uksteve
    uksteve
    On my first Gixxer. Unknown to me Pussy owned it. Very nice bike and now am a convert from Yamaha.
  14. Pussy
    Pussy
    AND... more grunt than a mob of pigs at feeding time, Steve! Great bike it was, but I'm loving my sem fiddy
    Still got the stubby Yoshi Tri-Oval on it Steve? Sounded and went bloody great with that muffler
  15. munterk6
    munterk6
    Hi all, got my first GSXR after riding a mate's GSXR1100G...had to have one!! I was on a GPZ900A1 in those days(1996) and the gixxer was a revelation in sports bikes.
    I went out and bought a nice cond. GSXR1100M(jap import) had that for 2 years, then got a GSXR1100G(blue n white) which I still have(in bits at the mo). Then got a GSXR750F rolling chassis and shoehorned the 1100 motor in it(the 711 concept). Then got a GSXR750J and put the 1100 motor in that, then after testing a GSXR1000K6 at the local dealers, had to have one! I still have the other two, but all in bits at the mo, may get around to rebuilding them but Im obsessed with the K6 presently. Got a Yoshi tri-oval, R&G tail tidy, Crash knobs, Pazzo levers, new sceen, Yoshi bar end weights, packrack and bags, and Ive done 18000kms in 18 months! Thats me....
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast