Fuel & Oil

1. Skydiver
    Skydiver
    Hey FJ riders, Does anyone know what is the best fuel to run the Fj1100 on I've used Green & Red the manual just says min. 91 octane? Also when I do oil changes on her I use Yamalube 20/50 from Yamaha which is what they recomend at the Yamaha shop but in the Manual It says to use 10W40 or
    20W40 and I recon Yamalube 20W50 gets to thin in the hot Summer.
  2. H00dz
    H00dz
    hey skydiver,

This is a really good question as well. I been doing a lot of study about oil since the mishap with my first FJ.

I'm not an expert and tend to rely on what the guys at cycletread have told me.

currently I'm using Motul3100 4T 10W40.

Its seems to really good but would love to know if there strong opinions out there.......
  3. Skydiver
    Skydiver
    well just to throw a spanner in the works my brother uses 15/40 Deasel oil in his FJ1200 and reconds it's the best as Deasel has a detergent in it that keeps it nice and Clean cause as you know deseal motors are dirty, hes never had a problem and the bike has done 130,000+K and still going strong. ANY TAKERS?
  4. Skydiver
    Skydiver
    well just to throw a spanner in the works my brother uses 15/40 Deasel oil in his FJ1200 and reconds it's the best as Deasel has a detergent in it that keeps it nice and Clean cause as you know deseal motors are dirty, hes never had a problem and the bike has done 130,000+K and still going strong. ANY TAKERS?
  5. H00dz
    H00dz
    i have read that alot of bikers talk about using diesel but i havent been game enough