Discussion about Rules

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. 1vanvan1
    1vanvan1
    Mystic13 asked me a good question.

"How far can we go"

My opinion on this is as long as it is a ride others can do, The place is known by others, Easy access, not ridiculously far away and is a good ride. It can be any where in the greater Auckland area. I would say from Auckland Central lets say give or take about 1 hr ride away. So thats about a 100km I guess.

Gives us more of an excuse to go for a ride!
  2. TOTO
    TOTO
    I think 200 is better. gives a chance to go down more roads.
  3. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    No fair having limits... I don't see it in the written rules

I fancy stealing Wellington's tag
  4. 1vanvan1
    1vanvan1
    That would be rather ammsuing!!

We kinda have to set limits. But the limits aren't cement. Use your discretion.
  5. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Discretion? mwahahahahah, you are really too innocent...

For pure shits and giggles, I could decide to take it up to Waipoua Forest... or Cape Reinga...
  6. TOTO
    TOTO
    do it. I'm up to steal it from ya as soon as you put it up
  7. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    if you and I start trying to beat each other, vanvan is not gonna have the game going according to plan... we'd get banned from a new game
  8. Mystic13
    Mystic13
    Sorry to hijack this thread but based on gremlin's near miss and analysis of the rules can we clarify part of it.

I think that we should not be allowed to use archived pics for taking a tag.

But once you have the tag you should be able to use your own archived pic.

The pros are that if you're out and about and you find an interesting spot you can post it up.

The con is it could be at the end of a very long ride and if every tag is a long way out the game starts to slow down. Maybe it starts to get to be a weekend only posting.

Any thoughts.

I vote for being able to use prior taken shots for posting a tag. My plan is that when I ride now I'll take the odd interesting tag for future use.

Thems me thoughts.

Cheers.
  9. Mystic13
    Mystic13
    And hijack 2.

With this being in a social group it doesn't get much airtime in the main groups.

Should this stay as a social group with us posting up twice (here and in the general "auckland tag-o-rama) or should this be like wellingtons one in the events section. It seems to me we want to aprk this or have it popping up where it will be seen most.

The double post now kind of works for this.
  10. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    I don't think you should be allowed to used previous shots for setting a tag, for a couple of reasons. 1, the shot could be anywhere, ie, I could give you a shot of my bike under the bluff or cape reinga signpost?

Second, it keeps the tag within relatively easy reach, ie, paranoia will keep you from going too far, lest someone else quickly set it before you have time to post

Third... thats the fun, collecting the tag then setting it...
  11. AD345
    AD345
    Get the tag then take the next pic.

Theres no rule that says you have to post both at once. You could get the tag today, post it, ride tomorrow, post new tag
  12. 1vanvan1
    1vanvan1
    Yep, I ahve go agree with those 2. FInd the tag, post it up. Then set the new tag. So I think TOTO has broken the rules.
  13. Mystic13
    Mystic13
    Okay, so that's the rule clarified. But since it's unclear We're now running with Toto's Bird pic.

It seems though if you post a pic. Then have to ride off to find another that we could have a day or two of no pic. If you've already taken the pic then we're sweet for a quick restart was what I was thinking. Anyone that does it the proper way and posts up a Cape Reinga means it could be sometime before that tag is taken.

I'm a fan of the tags staying within a realistic distance.

I'm also a fan of stealing Wellington's tag. So if any of you are planning a trip to the capital let me know and I'll do what I can to search, find and direct you to the tag.

What we need is a cunning plan of how to transmit the pic to one of us to upload. Of course the person that took the pic while not the poster would get to forward the new pic for uploading.

I expect to be in Wellington in the next few weeks. Weather permitting. I'm planning to ride their for dinner at Siem Reap. Best food I've ever tasted and I'm taking my wife.

So for you techo lot. How do we get the pic transferred and uploaded quickly.
  14. TOTO
    TOTO
    ok, I agree with gremlin. Finding the TAG and then making a new TAG should be the way.
  15. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    hey hey... I gotta nuther question...

Perhaps there should be a time limit on how long you can have a tag without announcing a new location? ie, at the moment, mr van has the tag from memory, but no new location. In theory, he doesn't need to post a new one for a while (I would imagine he would tho, thats the point of the game).

What do people think? 24, maybe 48 hours, no new location and you lose the tag, and someone else can go back to the previous location and reclaim? Or the next one who posts in the thread (ie, missing out, like me) gets a chance?

edit: Oh, and dredging mr mystic's questions, I would prefer for the tagging to be done in the thread, and agree two places aren't needed. Group is handy, but often I browse kb on my phone if I have a couple of minutes free, without logging in, and I can't see groups without being logged in...
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast