GSX-R 1000 K9 Impressions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. JamRoll
    JamRoll
    Hi guys, the other week I had a chance to jump on the new gixxer at Boyds in Hamilton. I have to say I loved the bike in every way except for those fugly pipes. The price is so competitive (although I see Yamaha has dropped their R1 by a couple of grand) I reckon a new 4-into-1 yoshi or these Leo Vince twin pipes would make the new gixxer the perfect bike What do you all think?

2. GSXR Trace
    GSXR Trace
    i personally love the look of the k9s, they look so aggressive! But haven't had chance to ride one, and probably wont... but can definitely appreciate it from a distance!
    but yes agree... the cans need to be changed
  3. JamRoll
    JamRoll
    Aggressive in looks - yes , but so easy to ride. You should give it a go!
    Yeah, I don't know anyone who likes the pipes. How about this one Trace, it's a bit more like your 600...

4. SixPackBack
    SixPackBack
    .........If I could afford one. Purchase of a K9 would have to include 2K of exhaust system making the entry price excessive. 750's are good value at the moment at 16K, nearly as much bike for 1/4 less money.
  5. Cajun
    Cajun
    yeah if i had some money i would buying a 750.
    they are cheaper than the 600 at moment
    and one of best real world bikes
  6. GSXR Trace
    GSXR Trace
    yeah that pipe looks far better!
    Im a bit short anyway, so would be looking at a 750 or 600 - so they are better price wise... and look just as nice!
    But truth is, i don't have the money to get a new one, so its all aobut observing it from a distance! I have no doubt it feels great to ride!
  7. SixPackBack
    SixPackBack
    I rode Enigma's black and yellow 750 when it was still a test bike, and still wish I had bought it, better in just about every way to my thou.
  8. Cajun
    Cajun
    yeah i wanted the 750 k4, but didn't like colour scheme, so got 600 instead. couple another $1g to throw at the 600 (engine) then its sorted.
  9. SixPackBack
    SixPackBack
    What did you do to the engine Cajun?
  10. Cajun
    Cajun
    I have have an ex andrew stroud engine sitting in my garage (has yoshi cams, etc)

So its gonna be cams, head gasket few other engine bids and pieces from yoshi catalog. have not total decided what i am putting in the engine yet, since i might have something else to go in, but that cost me a bit more,
  11. JamRoll
    JamRoll
    Is all this work on a track bike? Sounds like a mean 600.
    The 750's definitely are good value.
    I use my bike for commuting, touring & sunday blasts so I would rather a thou. It is a genuine all-rounder
  12. Cajun
    Cajun
    jamroll its a road bike k4 600, i have owned it for since brand new, and don't ever plan on parting with it, so might as well do everything i can to it, to make it the best/uniqiue bike i can get.

I do 4-5 trackdays a year(have spare rims/discs & race fairings)

Ohlins all round, also. And monoblock brake calipers soon
  13. SixPackBack
    SixPackBack
    How much difference did the Ohlins make Cajun?.....not just handling, but road compliance?
  14. Cajun
    Cajun
    well lets say when ever a get another bike, suspension is first thing i ever do. Handles so better, improved tire wear/grip. and alot more predicable
  15. JamRoll
    JamRoll
    Good call Cajun. I'm lucky, the previous owner of my k4 put on an ohlins rear shock and re-valved the forks. He had also put on a few other goodies like DB screen, oggy knobs, ventura rack etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast