CKMC - Canterbury

1. The Lone Rider
    The Lone Rider
    As the new vb update allows for individual threads in groups, I'll start a thread here for rides we are having and people can ask questions or whatever. Will see how this goes.

I'll first post below our history -

Overview:

Chromed Knuckles Motorcycle Crew is a motorcycle social group for people of all ages that are located in Christchurch and the wider Canterbury region.

In Chromed Knuckles, you will be able to ride with a group of great people who love their two wheels and the company of others with the same passion. Whether it be on a small commuter, sleek sports or multiple cylinder road hog, a typical outing consists of meeting at a given place, going for a relaxed cruisey paced ride to a destination and then having a coffee and chat in the sun!

Other occasions we may join up with other motorcycle clubs, groups, and organizations for events they are hosting.
  2. The Lone Rider
    The Lone Rider
    The Name

The name Chromed Knuckles is a play on aspects of the ideals the club holds - Ride Hard, Ride Free, Ride Because You Can.

The name stands for "cold fingers", from not wanting to stop riding no matter the weather. The club emblem itself is a silvered white fist grasping a motorcycle throttle. "Chromed" suggests the whitening of the knuckles when riding, but also a play on the fact that members predominately ride chrome fitted cruiser style motorcycles. After roughly 3 months the club voted for the name change from Chromed Knuckles Cruiser Group, to Chromed Knuckles Motorcycle Crew. The decision was made due to all members agreeing the focus shouldn't be on the style of the bike ridden, but on the laid back cruisey riders we want as members.
  3. The Lone Rider
    The Lone Rider
    Joining

What do you need to do to join? Nothing but have a motorcycle license, relaxed riding style and a 250cc or bigger motorcycle! Simply go Contact Us and you will be filled in. You will be contacted with more information on membership, and added to the e-mailing list so you can find out more about upcoming rides.

After a few times coming out to rides you may be invited to become a member, where you will get certain club benefits such as free trailered motorcycle recovery.
  4. The Lone Rider
    The Lone Rider
    There are only a few rules once you are a member.
    * Safe riding, no showing off or putting others at risk
    * Respect, we all ride and own what we can.
    * Nobody gets left behind on a ride, ever
    * Always represent CKMC in the best of ways
    * Fun, we want it and you should to.

Sincerely from the crew organisers-
    The Lone Rider - President
    Jerms - Vice President
    Grubby - Road Captain

www.chromedknuckles.co.nz

We are friends with a few other clubs. Check out NAAF Riders and Plains MC if you don't think CKMC is what you are looking for.
  5. The Lone Rider
    The Lone Rider
    CKMC Ride tomorrow on Saturday. Message me if you'd like to come.
  6. rosie631
    rosie631
    Hi. Missed this one. Any more rides coming up?
  7. The Lone Rider
    The Lone Rider
    We were pretty much having rides every weekend. However, we have a monthly meeting this saturday and I'm expecting quite a few things to change so I'm not sure if there will still be weekly rides.