All Whites at the weekend

1. Fatt Max
    Oh yes indeed, a big fucking game for the AW's and no mistake.

Personally, wrapped to see the game in Wellington cos they will get some decent support down there, I hear is a 35,000 sell out.

Gut feel, I reckon they have got what it takes as long as they settle quick, be patient and dont go hard out at the beginning. Contain them in the first half, keep possesion and dont press too hard.

Bahrain are fucking good on the break and they have some outstanding speed so NZ need to quash that without running themselves into the ground. Push them wide and square and just play the old containment game....much as I hate to say it but like the old German sides of the 70's...

Then, 2nd half, crowd behind them, they can start pushing forward, bring some fresh legs on and nick it..

Thats my take on it anyways....
  2. Oakie
    Oakie
    I'm off to the TAB to put $5 on Bahrain. I'm an awful gambler and always lose so hopefully my contribution will do the trick for the boys.
  3. Fatt Max
    Half time, all whites up by 1....45 mins till Saffa 2010....I am shitting myself here...
  4. GOONR
    GOONR
    Fucking comeon!!!!
  5. Fatt Max
    Great result and a gutsy performance. Probably the wordt ref I have ever watched mind you.....a penalty save, loads of Hollywood dives but the biys came through. England & NZ at the world cup, I can feel the hangover already.

How about a breakfast meet up to watch a game or two?
  6. GOONR
    GOONR
    That sounds like a plan. I'm really please the AW's made it, even it's for slightly selfish reason's.. Football fever around the country!!! It will never be the same as back in England but hey, it's a start!
  7. Fatt Max
    Ok, I will take it upon one self to organise such an event...how about NZ v England in the grpup stage, could happen if the draw goes that way...roll on December 4th