Whats the best tyres

1. H00dz
    H00dz
    Hi All,

Be really interested to know what tyres are you running on your fj.
    Do you run standard rims or something different.

I have run metzlers on the front and bridgstones on the rear.

Didnt find the metzler all that good, running battleaxs now
  2. SARGE
    SARGE
    im running the Sport Demons.. heaps of shit how you liking your Battleaxe's?
  3. H00dz
    H00dz
    The Battleaxs, i've had no problem with.....except for them squaring off, handlings great. just changed to a lasertec front and marathon rear (Metzelers), based on some recommendations I've read. have clocked the k's so will give some feedback at some stage......
  4. GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    Not exactly the 'correct' tyre....... I've been using Continental milestone (rear). Yes they are a Hardly Rideable rear tyre. Rational.... They are designed for the Road King etc: Very heavy bikes! The carcass has a lot more plye's and is actually more rigid and stable than the standard tyre. The only 'downside' is they are only rated for 200kph. C'mon guys how often do we do that sort of speed? With spirited riding, I found I was off the edge of the Dunlops (zero chicken strip) I've been using an IRC front tyre and have been impressed for a cheap tyre. Spirited riding has left a chicken strip about equal to the one on the front tyre. The bike handles a bit better with the milestone's profile. Wet grip is as good as any, I ride 365 and had a good test in the recent rain period. My need is for mileage and grip (50,000k's in 2 years) so if you are looking for similar, I reccomend giving the Milestone a look.
  5. Black FJ
    Black FJ
    Ive found the shinko-SR777 tires to be awesome, best tire i ever used on the FJ, and the tread is way deeper than most, and you can push it in with your thumb, that tells me they are not a hard tire like some cheapies, had them right over to the edge! on most occasions! everything else Ive used just gets chewed up.