Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodhill Two-Man Series

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    would it not be easier for all just to have the solo go for the same length as the Sarah Charlies and make it an Ironman? Your event so what ever but would seem easier to run that way to me.
    Just a query about this, remember I have not entered a two man before so could be talking a load of shite but here goes...
    I thought the intention of the two man was to provide an entry level, fun competition for all grades of riders, I'm a bit concerned that the no friends class has already changed from 2 hours to 2.5 hours and a few of the other comments on here (not you Danger) are amping the event up a bit.
    I realise it's always hard to get the balance right to provide a competition that satisfies a range of rider skills but wonder where this event is aimed at.

Seen the dates now and can't do round one either but I'm in for the other two, have to practice not falling off the bike for more than 10 minutes then....

Bike
    KTM 200EXC RM250
    Tony can answer as its his event but my take is that its as serious as you want to make it for yourself.
    I like to do the Ironman because I just treat it like a non stop trail ride for 3-4 hours, don't really expect to win because I'm not serious and I don't train and would rather trail ride if there was one on the same day anyway, tend to get more riding in at a trail ride, but the fact it is 3-4 hours non stop gives me incentive to get out on the bike for a few weeks before hand for a bit more fitness building to try and last the distance non stop. If the ride is only 2 hours like Powers so called Ironman class at his two man events I find the challenge and value is just not there for me. If its less than 3 hours I'll probably just help out on the day rather than participate although 2.5 hours might just get me out there as I have no bike fitness currently, we will see, and aiming to finish solidly provides incentive to get time on the bike.
    I've had many friends who have never raced before participate in pairs, it gives them something to aim towards also, but many of them would not be capable of riding 3-4 hours non stop.
    You might get Karl Power and Chris Birch battling at the front of the field. Don't let that put you off. There is always some one faster, slower, more or less serious than your self.

OK Iain looking back through the thread I see where you are coming from and you were intending to do the no mates class and it might be your first race. Perhaps a no mates class of 2 hours and a Ironman of 3 hours would be ideal for both of us but probably unlikely. Tony has set it in the middle at 2.5 hours and perhaps we should both just be happy with that?

Twice the displacement, twice the cost and a decibel problem, I'll pass on the inside brraaaap!!!

Bike
    its gonna be orange
    I havent entered events like this previously neither has my brother but were into it, I know of others that aren't race experienced and will be giving it a go. Like danger said its as serious as you want to take it, I personally will be out for a bit of fun and to beat my brothers lap times that will shut one of us up for good.

Bike
    big block hog
    i think youll find in the ironman class anything over 2 hours is a challange enough for most. once most people get to the 2 hour mark traditionally most are starting to tire and loose concentration so 2 1/2 is a safe median. You can take it as sereous as you want just like any racing. 99% of the fast guys started in events like this and keep coming back because theyre fun. I started out doing xc's in these and i love them and will always continue to do them for the fun factor. I was as green as anything when i started in a powers two man and loved every minute of it even down to watching the fast guys pass me. Make sure your well hydrated and enjoy yourself.

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    2.5hrs should be more than enough for most havin done the gncc which 2 hours most get off and just sit not movin for the next 20 minutes. 2hrs dont sound like much when you look at a days trail riding where you can do 3-4 hrs but then you stop all the time for people to catch up etc. Lot harder than it sounds so i would just take it as easy or as hard as you can handle but most of all just enjoy yah self.

As long as my times are faster than Rupes ill be happy hahaahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    OK Iain looking back through the thread I see where you are coming from and you were intending to do the no mates class and it might be your first race. Perhaps a no mates class of 2 hours and a Ironman of 3 hours would be ideal for both of us but probably unlikely. Tony has set it in the middle at 2.5 hours and perhaps we should both just be happy with that?
    I don't have a problem with 2.5 hours...3 might be stretching it ......

But that wasn't really where I was coming from; I liked the intention of the 2 man in that it encouraged people to have a go that probably hadn't done so before, in the same way the GNCC is a good start point rather than doing the Dead Toad or Rut 100. I am concerned that it will get hyped up into something that will put some people off and I think that would be a pity.
    As long as any grade of rider feels they can enter and enjoy it I am happy, the more people competing the better for the sport.

Bike
    Sandpit 2 Smoker
    Its still a fun event with basically the same format.

All we have changed is to make the Solo 2.5 hours (IF YOU HAVE NO MATES YOU DESERVE PUNISHMENT) and to drop the Elite class. By dropping the Elite class we are promoting this as a not so serious event.

I hear your concerns but all is good. Its not going to be a hard terrain. Generally the people that do all the rounds come out on top. Its about being consistent through out the whole series.

Grab a fellow rider and do the Two man novice.

Bike
    one with pedals
    this is great lol
    12 MOTO X track is for experienced riders and complete novices. No stopping on the track.
    obviously stopping when I fall off doesn't count

as long as I don't hurt myself badly at the 2man I'll be a happy camper
    "The world is a strange sad place. Ride as often as possible and try not to think about it".

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktmboy View Post
    Thanks Tony, that's all I wanted to hear, I'll shut up now and let you now how it's gone once my 2.5 hours are up.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Whats the intended format for a two man Tony? Tryin to get my son to make up a team but we've never done this (or any racing) before and he's not that keen after all our Karting years, he wants to keep it recreational.

Is it like say? 20 min laps and alternate laps on either 1 bike or a bike each?? So you ride a lap than rest a lap (while your partner is doing a lap)?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

Is it like say? 20 min laps and alternate laps on either 1 bike or a bike each?? So you ride a lap than rest a lap (while your partner is doing a lap)?
    thats the general idea use 1 bike or 2 up to you alternate laps between riders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    Sandpit 2 Smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Whats the intended format for a two man Tony? Tryin to get my son to make up a team but we've never done this (or any racing) before and he's not that keen after all our Karting years, he wants to keep it recreational.

For your young fella.

Junior - Riders 13 Yrs and Under - 1 ½ Hrs duration
    8 - 9 Yrs
    9 - 11 Yrs
    12 – 13 Yrs
    Solo (1 Hr Duration)

The Two Man Junior Section is designed for riders 8 Years and older – Younger children may enter at the organisers discretion but will ride in the 8 – 9 Years Class.

Bike
    kx250f

All we have changed is to make the Solo 2.5 hours (IF YOU HAVE NO MATES YOU DESERVE PUNISHMENT) and to drop the Elite class. By dropping the Elite class we are promoting this as a not so serious event.

I hear your concerns but all is good. Its not going to be a hard terrain. Generally the people that do all the rounds come out on top. Its about being consistent through out the whole series.

Grab a fellow rider and do the Two man novice.
    Are you going to put the results online or anything???

Bike
    Sandpit 2 Smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by rupecopp View Post
    Are you going to put the results online or anything???
    Come on Rup. Its 2009. I'm not that fuckin old. I'll post yours out with Pete's Post on the CT110.

I know you're going to ask the question at briefing..How long does it take to do a lap?

A result page on our website maybe.

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Come on Rup. Its 2009. I not that fuckin old. I'll post yours out with Pete's Post on the CT110.

I know you're going to ask the question at briefing..How long does it take to do a lap?

A result page on our website maybe.
    how are you gonna do the starts?
    we may just go where no ones been

Thread Information