Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki Intruder vl250 debaffle

Bike
    Suzuki RF600R
    I debaffled my old M50 yes it did make a great sound performance was slightly better.

Or you could save your $$$$$$$ and buy a larger cc bike and fit Yoshis even better!!!!!

Bike
    2012 Triumph Rocket III Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    Now, de-baffling the M50, that's what I want to know how to do. The factory fit exhausts do too good a job of keeping her quiet.
    Do you get to Pukekohe often? I did mine, takes 10 minutes, I've got the hole saws.

You can look up the video on youtube as well.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Bike
    Suzuki RF600R
    There are heaps of how to vids on youtube.

Drill slowly and use a cutting oil to keep metal cool.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I started riding on a 2006 Hyosung GV250, which is very similar to the Suzuki Intruder 250 (Hyosung made Suzukis under license for some years). The baffle plate on the GV250 was pop rivetted on, couple of minutes with a drill and a magnetic ended screwdriver to retrieve the rivets from inside the muffler and she had the sweetest sounding exhaust. I've just sold her (moved up to a Suzuki M50) and the new owner doesn't want the baffles refitted.

Now, de-baffling the M50, that's what I want to know how to do. The factory fit exhausts do too good a job of keeping her quiet.
    How do you find you new bike they had rally down here on weeknd apprenlty tere like 200 + people riding suzuki cruisers

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Debaffling
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130019068

Proven method. If I can make a 250 parallel twin sound better than a stock m50, then try it on a m50

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150692522045141
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    How do you find you new bike they had rally down here on weeknd apprenlty tere like 200 + people riding suzuki cruisers
    I've got a thread in Bike and Product Reviews on the new bike and I'm loving her!

They had 151 bikes at the Easter Egg Run in Tauranga this weekend. The day started rather shitty which must've keep some people away, but cleared up into one of those beautiful blue sky Bay of Plenty days. Saw a few Boulevard M series, one was an M109R in the same colour as mine which had been converted to a trike.

I had a fantastic day, went on the run in the morning, had a lunch date with the wife, then popped over to Katikati and back just to stretch the muscles. All in all, a wonderful time.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Here's what a standard Kymco Venox sounds like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...oEFiJlXws#t=3s

And this is what mine sounds like now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kf3X6iPw0#t=8s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oDYL...ailpage#t=503s

Definitely does not sounds like a 250 now! Oh yeah!

Bike
    2007 Intruder VL250

help

Sorry to bump this thread again, but ive just got my 2007 intruder 250, and want to debaffle it. Ive already drilled half a dozen holes in the end plate of the exhaust, which did make it louder. One thing i dont understand is the whole making of a stock loooking plat to "bolt back on" if need be. How do you bolt it back in if youve cut it all out to start with ?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Here's what a standard Kymco Venox sounds like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...oEFiJlXws#t=3s

And this is what mine sounds like now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kf3X6iPw0#t=8s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oDYL...ailpage#t=503s

Definitely does not sounds like a 250 now! Oh yeah!
    Hey, that sounds quite good mate
    Here's my poor quality debaffled 250 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_iagwT6yMM&feature=plcp I need a real camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    A CBR400RR Spada [from description]? Unusual beast... What's happened to it since?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    A CBR400RR Spada [from description]? Unusual beast... What's happened to it since?
    I finished it, fresh paint, cam chain tensioners etc, was mint. New owner did something to the fairing mounts and headlight mounts, painted the engine matt black and generally fucked it up IMO. Somehow ruined it and then it was sold on again, I think after 154(or 7?) thousand KM the engine got a bit sad. Tis a shame the guy who got it from me ruined it, was an excellent wee thing and I regret selling it
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2007 Intruder VL250

back to the intruder 250...

So back to the intruder 250, can anyone help me with debaffling? It seems near impossible as the rear plate is fixed, ive drilled holes in it, and also around the small pipe sticking out of it but am at a loss as what to do now?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by secki View Post
    So back to the intruder 250, can anyone help me with debaffling? It seems near impossible as the rear plate is fixed, ive drilled holes in it, and also around the small pipe sticking out of it but am at a loss as what to do now?
    Long pointed bar/big hammer.
    Done.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by secki View Post
    You could try cutting off the pipe that sticks out?

Anyway, overdoing it could result in you having to re-tune your engine. If you're happy enough with what you've done so far, leave it be. When I had the baffles on the Venox modified, I'd originally wanted one pipe done only, as I didn't want it too loud. Peter from Custom Chambers said "I'm gonna have to take them both off anyway, and if you find later on that it's not loud enough and come back, that's double the money you'll pay for the same result!"

So hesitatingly, I said OK and he modded both baffles [with quite some effort to get the baffles out in the first place]. As it turned out, they were too loud - to me - even if they sounded like sex on two wheels. On the motorway, it sounds like I'm riding a Spitfire with a Merlin engine. But they should (just) pass WOF and I've whacked it a bit to get it a little quieter, so that it sounds like foreplay on two wheels now - good enough for me. LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109RZ
    I still have my debaffled VL250 muffler (I bought a secondhand pipe to debaffle, so I could swap my original back on when it came time to trade the bike in for an M50, did the same with that bike and still have those pipes too from when I traded that in) It's all in excellent condition except for some burning to the chrome on top of the muffler chamber (the father/son I bought it off forked out for a new muffler because of it, it never bothered me though, not particularly noticable and not noticable at a lot of angles). If anyone is interested in buying it send me a PM or just reply here, that way you can keep the value up if you trade the bike at a dealer.

I also have a spare tank (1 very small stone chip) and a spare front guard that I picked up from my dealer, has a graze on one of the front corners, I had plans to do some sort of paintwork to them but never got around to it.

And from memory it did sound a lot better, it was a few years back though.

Thread Information