Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodhill Two Man Series Rd 2 (30 Aug)

Bike
    1993 Kawasaki KDX250+93 Suzuki GSX1100G
    Good luck to all competing at Woodhill today!
    Whether you think you can or cant - you will always be right.

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    well was good race nakered after not riding since the last round ribs held up well and booze afterwards has me rather trashed for now glad was only a short trip home. Big up to Tony and all those that helped put the event on waiting for the last one now must get in some riding before then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    09crf250r
    second that big thanks to Tony and all those that helped really good track

Bike
    Husky Terra 650
    Ditto- a fantastic day thanks to Tony and the team who made it all possible

Quote Originally Posted by jt119 View Post
    second that big thanks to Tony and all those that helped really good track

Bike
    2009 KTM 250 SX
    what a day, we were lucky with the weather.

the 2 man series for me this year has been plagued with bad luck..

round one, my partner and i were running 4th overall in expert and all was going well until my 250EXC started sucking sand and then proceeded to seize. not good. we were running good time and still managed to finish 7th outright.

round two, started off well despite being stuck witht the rest of the ironman boys on grid 21! got a hell start and was dicing with heath howlett for the first 3 laps in 4th and 5th. i managed to pass him when he needed fuel (thanks go out to the 8 litre tank on the 300EXC) on the third lap and i was running 4th. i thought great! only two more laps, in the zone with no crashes to blame i was ready for the 4th lap but at the end of the third lap i managed to some how put a hole through the side wall of my rear tyre? - can't say i've ever done that before, with no spare tyre i had to accept the DNF. gutted.

that's my race, how was everyone elses?

Bike
    300EXC
    Ahh geez, bad luck bro! That sucks... Weird having a hole in the side of your tyre lol wtf.

Had a pretty crazy race. On the first lap I was blitzing it through some of the tight stuff and some how a branch grabbed onto my pinky and tore the flesh around my nail, just about ripped it off. You would have heard me roar a 100m away it was so paintful Hahahah! Also have a massive black bruise on my left shoulder which was just about more painful that tearing my pinky apart, im covered with cuts and gashes. Trying to tackle the trees haha!

Managed to come off a few times due to stupid shz, had a few wicked drags on some of the straights, was nice opening up.

Ended up coming 9th for solo which im pretty chuffed about, thought I had a crap ass race but yeh. was good!

Thanks heaps again Tony, event ran perfect! Roll on round 3!

Keen for some photos, quite afew photographers out there.

Bike
    kx250f
    Really enjoying these races, big thanks to all involved.

Real good track, found it pretty energy sapping tho, but good.

Bike
    kx250f
    oh yeah, and hurry up and get those results up!!!

Bike
    2009 KTM 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by vazza View Post
    Ahh geez, bad luck bro! That sucks... Weird having a hole in the side of your tyre lol wtf.

Had a pretty crazy race. On the first lap I was blitzing it through some of the tight stuff and some how a branch grabbed onto my pinky and tore the flesh around my nail, just about ripped it off. You would have heard me roar a 100m away it was so paintful Hahahah! Also have a massive black bruise on my left shoulder which was just about more painful that tearing my pinky apart, im covered with cuts and gashes. Trying to tackle the trees haha!

Managed to come off a few times due to stupid shz, had a few wicked drags on some of the straights, was nice opening up.

Ended up coming 9th for solo which im pretty chuffed about, thought I had a crap ass race but yeh. was good!

Thanks heaps again Tony, event ran perfect! Roll on round 3!

Keen for some photos, quite afew photographers out there.
    yeah bro it was so weird.

i was having a crazy race also, first lap was just an attempt to pass people and avoid the goons haha. second lap i was clipping trees, i got my right knuckle/hand something chronic! third lap was going sweeet! until about 1km from the finish. tyre decided it wasn't having a bar of it.

the open parts were fun, good times.

round three should be good!

Bike
    2012 Husaberg TE 125
    Had a crazy fun day today.

First lap was sweet, had a good start and great run. 2nd lap managed to go over my handlebars up the skinny track next to the pits (for those who saw ...everyone ). Third lap only minor problems and 4th lap was awesome.

Can't wait till next round.

Great to catch up with everyone!

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    [QUOTE=Ktmboy;1129373806

As if I'd put 15k of whoops in. Who would turn up?[/QUOTE]

hahahaha it was only 13 after all. lol good track well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    its gonna be orange
    crazy race day, man those whoops were hardout, wicked day congrats to sandpit friends, staff and volunteers.......for only there 2nd event they've got it pretty down packed.

Bike
    CR250
    Quote Originally Posted by vanmajor View Post
    what a day, we were lucky with the weather.

the 2 man series for me this year has been plagued with bad luck..

round one, my partner and i were running 4th overall in expert and all was going well until my 250EXC started sucking sand and then proceeded to seize. not good. we were running good time and still managed to finish 7th outright.

round two, started off well despite being stuck witht the rest of the ironman boys on grid 21! got a hell start and was dicing with heath howlett for the first 3 laps in 4th and 5th. i managed to pass him when he needed fuel (thanks go out to the 8 litre tank on the 300EXC) on the third lap and i was running 4th. i thought great! only two more laps, in the zone with no crashes to blame i was ready for the 4th lap but at the end of the third lap i managed to some how put a hole through the side wall of my rear tyre? - can't say i've ever done that before, with no spare tyre i had to accept the DNF. gutted.

that's my race, how was everyone elses?
    I think that I was nest to you on the start line? I was on the CR on the outside right on row 21 with the helmet camera.

Well I had to change to ironman so that was an experience in itself!! Thank god I've been spending some time at the gym!!

I had a crap start, I was just spinning like crazy going no where and was just about last off the line. I managed to hold it together and I was trying to not get over excited and pace myself a bit. I got stuck behind some people that would not move out of the way and would keep changing lines to cut me off when overtaking. I guess that you have to be a bit more ruthless.... I tired Boooms trick of back off and then come flying up reving the shit out my bike. Oh well got past them eventually.

I was feeling pretty good after my first lap, but I found I was overheating badly. So binned my shirt that I had over my pressure suit and carried on.

I managed to have a reasonable 2nd and 3rd lap, but my 4th I was starting to get tired. I started falling off a bit and was getting overtaken by a few people. My wrist was killing me and I think that the cocktail of painkillers I took at 10am had worn off!! I stopped to take off my helmet camera as it hit a tree and was knocking about. Then Evan (oldschool) passed me. So I made it my mission on my final lap to catch him. We had a good little battle for a while and then I hit a huge rutted out tree root trap and I had to catch Evan again. Got him a few KMs down the road!!

Ended up 43 in class (last I checked) and 113th overall. It may move up? I don't know. There was a last lap to add to that.

Ironman was so much harder than 2 man race. Last time when i had a partner, the rests helped you feel recharged, 4 laps nonstop just drains you. that last lakes section was just a killer.

Anyway, Huge thanks to Tony and the crew, and a big thanks to the Maori land owners for the use of their land.

Bike
    2009 KTM 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    I think that I was nest to you on the start line? I was on the CR on the outside right on row 21 with the helmet camera.
    yeah that was me!

Bike
    09crf250r
    you did really well to iron man that track i needed the brake each lap

Thread Information