Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got one year - starting on the 14th of october

Bike
    Triumph Tripple 675 DR 650
    Take up danchop's offer as you will need a reliable bike that won't break down on you too quickly. Also if you are touring the country you may be better with a 250. CB or VTR maybe.

Have search of the forum on maintanence to know what to expect on regular maintanence while you'r travelling.

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Hey danchop,

that sounds really cool (though I seriously don't care about you sexual orientation or your age^^). The only prob is: I can't PM, probably because I'm too new in here or something. Stoopid.
    Mayebe someone could tell me what I must do to be able to PM?

@ rickie: Yep, that sounds just like the perfect time to me. live in the day, see what happens. Thanks =)

@ sharry: yep, that's what I was thinking

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Hallo Charly,
    Ich habe dir ein Mail geschickt, bin jetzt wieder in Auckland (nicht Freiburg... Schade! Deutschland ist doch so schön!).
    Es wäre schön, wenn wir uns treffen könnten
    Alles Gute,
    Hanne

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    thanks, got the PM... check your inbox ;-)

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Hello, here I am again...

After sailing from Whangarei to Queensland in November I explored it over here a bit.... And really liked it! Travelling seems to be the perfet life for me. Since I still wanna bike New Zealand I'll get back there in about 2 weeks. Gotta start looking for bth, a bike and a job.

See yas soon!

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    I would suggest you bought some newer bike with low km's from a dealer. Hopefully you will have no problems with that.

Kiwis can be a little unreliable to buy an older bike from.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Hey Steve,

I guess yu're right... But I just don't have the financial means to get a new bike. I don't know about the prices in New Zealand, but I am sure II cannot afford anything new and shiny =(
    So I just hope to get lucky.

Thanks, Charly

Bike
    Gone
    What's your budget?

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Depends on how much more money I spend till I get back to NZ, but I guess about 4000 bucks.

Bike
    2005 Triumph Bonneville T100, Vespa
    Mate you be careful of the preying men in NZ...................spent 5 years there............back in the UK for a year now, but will be back over to the long white cloud soon enough............dont believe everything they tell you mate
    "I'm gunna hug ya, and squeeze ya, and call ya George!" "Spread the smile and watch it come back at cha" x

Thank you to those who came to the Garstonian Rally 2009, heads up for the 2010 Rally.......

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Uhm yeah. I know. Thank you but.
    Buying ANYTHING in NZ can be dodgy.... But probably that's the case in most countries.
    Have fun in GB.

It feels weird to be back in NZ. Just arrived in Auckland an hour ago... Hope to get out of here soon. Just need to find a bike first^^

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Just to update this - I got my honda CB250F weeks ago, thanks to Danchop for helping me get started.
    Left Auckland two days ago. Thanks to Clare and Warren in Hamilton.
    In Napier now, heading towards Palmerston North or Woodville today, Wellington tomorrow.... Don't want to go too far on one day, rather take my time and enjoy the places I go.
    Next I'll try to fond a job in Welly for a short while, my savings are used up.
    Anyone who wants to employ me? I'd do a lot of things^^ Preferably painting houses.... Or gardening.... Or whatever^^

Cheers

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by charlymelon View Post
    Just to update this - I got my honda CB250F weeks ago, thanks to Danchop for helping me get started.
    Left Auckland two days ago. Thanks to Clare and Warren in Hamilton.
    In Napier now, heading towards Palmerston North or Woodville today, Wellington tomorrow.... Don't want to go too far on one day, rather take my time and enjoy the places I go.
    Next I'll try to fond a job in Welly for a short while, my savings are used up.
    Anyone who wants to employ me? I'd do a lot of things^^ Preferably painting houses.... Or gardening.... Or whatever^^

Cheers
    Welcome to NZ, enjoy the autumn weather
    If the weather is decent (well relatively) when you go from woodville to palmerston, I would recomend the saddle road route, nice windy road with good views, just take it easier as there is often loose gravel on some parts.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Thanks, I'm in Woodville right now, but I'll not go to Palmerston.... Head to Masterton instead I think, Castlepoint from there...

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I've heard good things bout the castlepoint ride, and I know the rumitakas are good, though I think theres a bit more yellow lines than last time I went. enjoy!
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Thread Information