Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    08 KTM 690e

Email your local MP & Nick Smith

I have just emailed my local MP Hekia Parata and cc Nick Smith and mentioned my extreme dissatisfaction - National party website has all MPs addresses. I'm will also be up for any Wellington Protest ride!

Cheers Daryl.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    You didn't mention
    6. Replace your infernal combustion engine with an electric one (approximately zero cc).
    Never. As I've said before, if bikes go electric, I'm riding the bus.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    The answer is for hundreds of bikes to block rush hour traffic EVERY day until this madness is reversed. Why should bikers pay for foreign tourists who don't bother with insurance, thugby players who injure themselves for life and worst of all bludgers who can't be arsed to come off ACC and get back to work...

Lucky me, I got a 600... A if my bike is any safer than a 650...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    I was thinking labour day meeting in Bulls (on the bridge) around 12 pm !
    Also another gathering at a point just north of woodville, another bridge perhaps, same sort of time !

Then later that night yr all welcome to come at our place ! (Ok so that wont work) But i know a bloke with a farm, Who i'm sure would let ya's all camp at, if motels and hotels are all booked !

Would the better idea be to have support from other road users rather than piss them no end at Labour weekend?
    A protest is a great idea, but a well organised and coordinated protest with structure and the right delivery would have a better impact.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Ixion - how about the immediate publication of a notice supporting motorcyclists not paying their rego.

That's the only protest left fellas and fellesses.
    I'll pay my rego, just not my ACC part

Bike
    Evo 5
    I think everyone should just not buy a rego, then they'll realize they had more money before this whole thing.

Do you guys think the 600cc+ motorcycles that crash more often are harleys and triumphs etc that motorcycle gangsters ride? i often hear how they crash while drunk, with a helmet designed for a nazi soldier rather than to protect the head from a crash
    Thats whats up.

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Can we at least crowd parliament? I reckon a ride with enough people will get some media coverage and notice...

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Surely all this talk of not paying Regos also means that you won't have Warrants?

Don't you need to have your Rego up to date to get a Warrant, or is it the other way around?
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    2006 ST1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Count me in for any protest (riots ftw), and thats the last time I rego my bike.

Not paying that shit, They can get fucked.
    Agreed, you can count me in too, Rego's are high enough as it is without them going up

Bike
    Merida
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Would the better idea be to have support from other road users rather than piss them no end at Labour weekend?
    A protest is a great idea, but a well organised and coordinated protest with structure and the right delivery would have a better impact.
    Yea, lets just have our own quiet little protest and make sure we don't piss anyone off. I suggest a group ride through Eketahuna at midnight or so, when no one will notice.

Get real. If you want to get somewhere you have to PISS PEOPLE OFF.
    Ride fast or be last.

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ER-6n, 2009 CT110, NBC110
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Surely all this talk of not paying Regos also means that you won't have Warrants?

Don't you need to have your Rego up to date to get a Warrant, or is it the other way around?
    Need warrant to get rego.

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Never. As I've said before, if bikes go electric, I'm riding the bus.
    http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home

Everybody!!!..."The wheels of the bus go round and round...."
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    2000, Suzuki GSX 1200y "Inazuma"
    I will be interested to hear what BRONZ suggests. I have never really heard what they actually do, this is a prime opportunity for them to either show that they are a useful and relevant organisation, either that or show that they are completely neutered in which case there is an opening for a rival group.

If BRONZ fails to suggest meaningful action and guide the protests in a situation like this where there is a huge groundswell of disatisfaction with how motorcyclists are being treated by the government, then they are truly a complete failure.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    But but but i've never insighted a riot before !!!

Ok I'm gonna be at taupo riding around and around on my unreged bike anyway on labour day, so i would have had to catch up later, like the next day, due to some bloody protest or another stopping traffic on SH1 for god nows how long the backlog would have taken to clear, from two strategic blockades !!!

Bwahhahahahahaha
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Like Ixion said: BRONZ (Auckland) will discuss an action plan next Wednesday evening . 7:30 pm. Danish House 6, Rockridge Rd Penrose.

Bike
    2012 Bandit 1250SA, 2006 Hyosung GT250
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayy View Post
    http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home
    Everybody!!!..."The wheels of the bus go round and round...."
    or: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTT_Turbine_Superbike
    (no cc rating)
    I finally got my knee down! …and my shoulder …and my pillion’s head.

Thread Information