Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    HONDA HORNET 900
    I'm a student. If this goes through, i'm fucked.
    Bye-bye biking.
    So, whens the protest ride?
    ChocolateWheels - Possibly the first (EX) GN rider to overtake a CBR600RR LEGITIMATELY and EX holder of the GN250 Land Speed Record.

Bike
    Suzuki GS1200SS,Moto Guzzi Bellagio 940
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    Yea, lets just have our own quiet little protest and make sure we don't piss anyone off. I suggest a group ride through Eketahuna at midnight or so, when no one will notice.

Get real. If you want to get somewhere you have to PISS PEOPLE OFF.
    Not Labour weekend..... Rush hour on a Business Day. You got to F someone off to make a point

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Quote Originally Posted by grbaker View Post
    Not Labour weekend..... Rush hour on a Business Day. You got to F someone off to make a point
    I'm hoping most people will be able to get off work for such a worthy cause

Bike
    Evo 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    The answer is for hundreds of bikes to block rush hour traffic EVERY day until this madness is reversed.
    Someone fly a plane into the bee hive. or park a truck outside of it full of explosives. I saw this thing off CI how this dude sent pipe bombs through the mail to government leaders which blew their face off pretty much, he got caught 20 years later only because his brother dobbed him in. I'm pissed
    Thats whats up.

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Look how the Truckers did it. They let people know in advance, did it peacefully. Many people got in behind and supported them for it.

Pissing off the randoms in the streets won't help our cause, if anything, it will make it worse. We need to get the "general" public on our side and not all hating us for clogging up the streets while they try to get to their holiday destination for a much needed break.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Thani-B View Post
    Get rid of ACC covering motorcyclists. Make medical insurance compulsory for riders. To what level of cover is your own choice.
    Ha, yeah well some of us cant get medical insurance cause we "got really sick once".

I have to say, I am being slightly hypocritical as I am definately one of the riders who helped to contribute to the hike in costs but did anyone not see this coming when National were voted into power???
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Ill take a day off and cruise at 10 clicks all day long through Wellington.Pick a fine day please.
    Whats worse is when people dont pay the rego they will have to lift it again so the people that do will get have it increased again.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    You can't just protest by pissing off the cagers. That'll get you no where and the cagers will just say "they deserve everything they get". You gotta get everyone else on your side as well. Like the truckies did. Everyone knew what they were doing and why they were doing it and they had public support.

This is how you get politicians on your side as well. Because it's votes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    I must be broken - I don't feel anything much about it at all. Perhaps a tad annoyed. Not really enough emotion to goad me into action.

Maybe (perhaps) [however] {although} we're looking at it all wrong? We're costing us HEAPS for bike crash injuries, and someone has to pay for it. Aren't WE someone? And aren't WE the someones involved? Shouldn't we pay for ourselves?
    Agree, that bikers should pay for the crashes they have and it makes sense. What I don't go for is such a massive increase. I'd be happy (for lack of a better term) to pay say $500. I'm such a nana rider compared to others I ride with that lumping me in the same category as "people that crash often" pisses me off.

Yes, my chances for a crash are no less likely compared to the speedsters and it would be near-on-impossible to do it any other way but it's such a fucken big increase it seems absurd.

I have a 675, the wife has a GSX650F and yet we're both paying the same because we're considered the "crashers". Based on bikes, I'm more likely to bin compared to her. But it's still bollucks.

This is why I say let's go to a user pay's system. You have you're own accident insurance, you don't pay ACC (or it's heavily subsidised). At least you will get rewarded for not crashing and needing it by lower premiums each year. I'm more than happy to pay an insurance company a reasonable premium.

This way I get branded a hoon every year and pay even when I don't crash.

Yes someone has to pay. But it should also be fair and reasonable.

Bike
    1986 Honda Goldwing aspencade GL1200
    guys these are just maniac proposals from the dicks heading acc the govt is looking to half these propasals, hopefully but I agree, if they go up that much Ill send a bloody cheque for the licence fee less acc levy its totally out of whack.

cheers BOb

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Have to take the protest to the streets.
    Can't get into the so-called 'submission/consultation' section of ACC.
    If they get away with this, it'll be open slather on all other forms of ACC...whilst they grant themselves huge bonuses.
    I might also be tempting the devil, but I aint had a vehicular accident for over 35 years. Where's my NCB??
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Then there is the knock effect to the motorcycle industry -
    resultant unemployement costs, etc.
    There was mention in the article of no claims. Couldn't find when this incredibly well thought out plan is comming into effect

Bike
    2012 Bandit 1250SA, 2006 Hyosung GT250
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    but did anyone not see this coming when National were voted into power???
    I was more hoping that National was going to ditch ACC and privatise the whole system.
    I finally got my knee down! …and my shoulder …and my pillion’s head.

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ER-6n, 2009 CT110, NBC110
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
    guys these are just maniac proposals from the dicks heading acc the govt is looking to half these propasals, hopefully but I agree, if they go up that much Ill send a bloody cheque for the licence fee less acc levy its totally out of whack.

cheers BOb
    That's the plan. Threaten a huge increase, then offer to half it. Then everyone thinks they're getting a great deal!

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    this will also be detrimental to motorcycle shops and their employees if these proposals go ahead...this increase is unjustifiable.

Bikes have less weight, less congestion, less emissions...how can this increase be reasonable. What constitutes a 'big' bike? 601cc...pfffttt.

If a protest is to go ahead KBers we will need to have passion like the French people and protest hard!

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    'Mine Got'

This has to hold the record for the fastest growing KB thread of all time.

It's April the First - Right ?

Thread Information