Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Governments are sneaky - they can release statements like say Motorcycle rego will go up to $800 pa. Then months later say well we reviewed all the letters and we will only increase it to $550 - the motorcycle community collectively pat themselves on the back and make numerous posts on KB stating how 'we got the bastards' then happily shell out the $ for rego.

ps I blame Helen Clark.......

Bike
    katzuki
    I have a number of bikes - but I can only ride one at a time. I'd be comfortable paying more personal injury insurance - but why should I pay it on all of my bikes - after-all its me not my bikes that is being insured.

Also, if it is going to be user pays I expect motorcyclists will now get a discount on petrol and the non-ACC part of the rego and will pay lower income taxes - after-all we don't need 6 lane motorways, etc to drive on.

Bike
    one that goes
    ACC is this National Governments big cash COW, and yep Ladies and Gentlemen Keys Nat party is going to milk us dry..ACC is the year 2010 new tax take..

ACC had big investments that have turned to shit, or devalued since the USA went down for trillions, Keys told his henchmen to sell the sad story to the NZ public "ACC is broke", the worst part is the public believe it, for "Keys has spoken"...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zeocen View Post
    II'll be bringing my wife-raping-drug-dealing-p-addicted Hornet 919 to the party.

I got that fixed under warranty on my Hornet, now it only gives the occasional blow-job and has a bad coffee habit.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    I haven't been to a bike rally yet, can we have one on the Parliament lawn? Have a bon fire, do some stunts, wet t shirt comp, etc etc and every 10 mins we all start up our bikes and rev the snot out if them and then go back to our fire and beers. Have tent, will travel and camp. It'll be fun!!!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    How many KBers are sucking the ACC cow, go racing and are quite capable of doing a 40 hour week at work?

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Can they increase the levies by 3 times on modified cars? They crash Waaaay more often then bikes.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    None
    I think rule 303 needs to be applied to Nick smith

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    2007 VN1600
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Right, if nobody else will, I'll organise a fucking Hikoi down to Parliament against this bullshit.

Fuck upcoming exams, this is pricing us off the road, and in doing so is impinging upon my rights. I'm not going to fucking stand for it.

Edit: The cunts are meant to be encouraging the use of more environmentally friendly transport for fuck's sake.
    SO when and where's the protest then? Count me in. I finally get a bigger bike and now I can't afford to run the bastard thing. I haven't yet heard of any insurance scheme that bloody works Doesn't matter whether it's tarted up as superannuation or ACC or whatever the premiums get out of control and you try and get the pay out you expected.....Rastus where's ma gun ah needs ta shoot me some federalis.

Bike
    Out of control Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    I haven't been to a bike rally yet, can we have one on the Parliament lawn? Have a bon fire, do some stunts, wet t shirt comp, etc etc and every 10 mins we all start up our bikes and rev the snot out if them and then go back to our fire and beers. Have tent, will travel and camp. It'll be fun!!!
    If you want stunts, better give the Mormon boys a call.
    As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death
    Γύρος στη νίκη

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by spmcg View Post
    Remember these rises are proposal by ACC. One thing we can do is to make submissions to ACC (see elsewhere in this thread). That is the bureaucratic portion. The final decision is however a political one.

ACC will make submissions to the Minister, the Hon Dr Nick Smith. Aside from making a submission it is also important for each one of us to email Dr Smith:

(N.Smith@ministers.govt.nz
    and also for those of you in his electorate, nick@nick4nelson.co.nz)

I have already done so and if its helpful here's a template that you can adapt (I have multiple bikes):

"I read today reports regarding changes to ACC, in particular the increases in ACC levy for motorcycles. For myself, owner of [insert number or type of bike with engine size, e.g., "two motorcycles both over 600cc"], the increase[s] amount[s] to $493.08 [per motorcycle, or a total of $986.16 per annum to owners of two over 600cc: adjust as required]. This for a person that has private vehicle insurance and no previous ACC claims and who uses motorcycles for leisure [adjust for your situation].

I am sure that some motorcycle riders are at a high risk of accident; the appropriate method to ensure that they pay their fair share is to target by demographic rather than use a blunt tool such as engine capacity. I also note that there is no levy whatsoever proposed for casual players of sports such as rugby, despite their high risk of accident. Nor is there any concrete proposal to limit the increases you propose I should bear by reference to my driving or claim record.

I am disappointed at this proposal and write to advise you and your colleagues that if this comes to pass the National Party loses my vote in perpetuity. I am simply appalled that you feel I should pay [adjust as required (in my case "close to an extra one thousand")] dollars per annum for nothing.

I shall also encourage others to take the same stance; the sort of people that can afford large capacity motorcycles also being within the demographic that traditionally supports your party."

Add any other points you want to make. I suggest keeping it civil. You will get an autobot reply. Don't expect a personal reply - the aim here is to impress with sheer numbers, so encourage others to email as well. Those in the trade should also email their local MP and probably also the PM, pointing out the threat to business from this move.
    How about this email:
    Dear Dr Smith
    Fuck ACC.Fuck it in the arse with a big rubber dick.
    Then break it off and beat it to death with the broken end

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    well, im all up for a protest ride. just name the time and the date and i will skip work for a day or two to attend.

however, if that doesnt work and the fees still go up, ill be saying goodbye to miss texas jane and putting her back in the showroom. which will be like cutting an arm or leg off.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    VTR1000F
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Right, if nobody else will, I'll organise a fucking Hikoi down to Parliament against this bullshit.

Fuck upcoming exams, this is pricing us off the road, and in doing so is impinging upon my rights. I'm not going to fucking stand for it.

Edit: The cunts are meant to be encouraging the use of more environmentally friendly transport for fuck's sake.
    I agree. I'll be there.

Bike
    2006 HD FXDC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    I'll be there. One big rally outside parliament instead of small regional protests. Central, so we can ALL get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Yeah those HD riders are a pack of fucktards.

Bike
    None
    Only one thing the govt will listen to....

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Thread Information