Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Bring back Buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Guy Fawkes is coming soon!! uummmmhhhhhh idea!!!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Maybe Dr Nick Smith should go for a ride on the back of Brian Tamaki's Harley HAHAHA!!!!!

Bike
    Evo 5
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post

Why are they paying CEO Dr Jan White $560,000.00 per year for her 4 day working week and her weelky return trips to her home in Brisbane?????

Man are you serious?? they should be dragged outside and shot in the head. No way what she is earning is actually earnt.
    Thats whats up.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by ready4whatever View Post
    Man are you serious?? they should be dragged outside and shot in the head. No way what she is earning is actually earnt.

Maybe they are contracted, in wchich case it is just another example of money wasting withing our government. Anyway, anything is possible within our government. Time and time they have proven it.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Hang on... I just figured it all out. The higher cc bike levy is actually aimed at gangs who ride their big bad Harleys. Lets tax them for their crimes. Rest of us law abiding citizens who ride bikes are just colateral damage. Yeah, that makes sence. A levy (tax) in disquise

Bike
    2007 GSR 600
    It sucks big time!!!!!,

As a couple we ride our own bikes...... so has our 'free will' been demimished, and taken over by thoses who have all the money they need??!?!

Its just another way for them, in POWER, to distroy our 'freedom' to RIDE!
    This Girl rides her own....

Bike
    Cagiva Raptor 650, ZX-10R
    What then? sit quietly and pay the increase?

Or go illegal and don't pay regos?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Bike
    B12
    400s and 600s shouldnt be the same price imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    Italian
    Smoke & mirrors you reckon... You might be on to something there, Griffin. However, if a hundred thousand motorbikes capture the attention and, more importantly, the backing of the greater NZ voting public, those current Fat Cats in power will get a tad nervous and rein in the bureaucrats who are pushing for these changes.

So, I think that, as has already been said in some of the other threads, it is very important that we as responsible, law-abiding, tax-paying and voting motorcycling citizens, organise a carefully concerted campaign whereby everything that said bureaucrats throw at us is rebutted intelligently and factually. We need to be perceived by the public as unfairly and grossly discriminated against, but we also need to prove that.

If we all get behind this and create enough noise in the media, enough awareness in the public mind, then we should be able to stop these ludicrous proposals (including any counter-proposals ala privatisation) in their tracks.

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Heres some food for thought.

Police have motorbikes these days right? They arent just any little yamaha 250 are they?

Now the police want to SAVE money.. Yet ACC have gone and put up the prices it costs to keep bikes on the road. So does this mean that the Police are gonna find new ways to cut costs (ie getting rid of more radars) or are they gonna knock down on how many bikes they have.

Also, Would they be EXEMPT from this new hike?

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, i just found solution to our problem. just fit one of these on your bike while riding. Should cut down motorcycle injuries drastically. So, step right up, step right up, grab one. I accept all major credit cards!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike
    2005 Honda Hornet CB900
    Anyone want to buy a Honda Hornet 900cc? Excellent condition, low mileage. With the stroke of an ACC pen has been rendered to be worth absolutely nothing overnight. Willing to accept a moped or bicycle in exchange, and to pay the difference in value.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki ninja 250
    or get everyone on motorbikes then everyone will use the road correctly! They wanna cut down on their carbon emissions to keep nz clean, oh wait! i know! let's make it cost more to own a bike! They wanna try to make uni students life more affordable, let's slam a huge bill on the students smart enuf to get on two wheels, oh yeah, and just for kicks, let's lump the dumb ass scooter stats with them, even tho u don't have to do ANY training to ride a 50cc scooter...NZ govt is SOOOO smart man!
    Philosophy 1: Bikers are so full of shit kuz we ride for so long, our butt cheeks mould into one, leaving one exit for shit to escape!

Biker Philosophy 2 - A Manpon will do more penetration then a thumbs up. - Compliments of Dean

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Requested a break down of costs and got this reply.

Hello

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email and to thank you for your comments. All correspondence received is documented and your feedback is appreciated.

One suggestion we often make to our callers in relation to levy issues is that one way to be heard is to visit your local MP. The levies and policies that you mention are set down by the government, and ACC are required to act under the currrent legislation.

We have also been advised of the following address/es for submissions by the public:

All submissions must be in writing and can be emailed, posted or faxed by 5pm, 10 November 2009. Submissions can be sent to:

· email: consultation@acc.co.nz

· fax: 04 918 4395

· writing to: Levy Consultation, ACC, PO Box 242, Wellington 6140.

Regards

g
    g
    g

Customer Support Coordinator
    Accident Compensation Corporation
    (Telephone + 0800 650 222 VPN 80672
    7 Facsimile + 0800 750 222
    * Email Complaints@acc.co.nz

ACC cares about the environment – please don’t print this email
    unless it is really necessary.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Thread Information