Thread: 17th November - Protest

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries

17th November - Protest

According to the Media, We have decided on the 17th.. Anyone able to confirm?

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...on-parliament/

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    BRONZ last night voted to organise a protest ride to Parliament.

November 17 is the date to be AT parliament. But, be aware , we need to be there around midday. Which means that riders outside the Wellington area may have to ride down on the 16th . That level of organisation is still be worked out.

I would imagine that, from Levin, you could just ride in in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Fatbob
    That was the resolution from the BRONZ meeting last night.

Wait for an "official" announcement from Mr Ixion

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

November 17 is the date to be AT parliament. But, be aware , we need to be there around midday. Which means that riders outside the Wellington area may have to ride down on the 16th . That level of organisation is still be worked out.

Well done last night mate, handled the media speach quite well i thought !

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalAddict View Post
    That was the resolution from the BRONZ meeting last night.

Wait for an "official" announcement from Mr Ixion
    Doh !!
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Central Otago riders will be leaving on Sunday the 15th to arrive in Wellington on the evening of the 16th.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Italian
    Bring it on!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Well, that's pointless, isn't it?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2007 Boulevard C50 (VL800)
    well time to organise leave and prepare for the rally has anyone organised how, where and when groups will meet up or is it all a mad dash for paralament???????

Bike
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    None any more
    Could somebody please remind a member who has been offline for most of the past week why the "protest" ride is on 17 November, exactly one week after submissions close? On that basis, wouldn't it have been better to have waited for the Santa Parade?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Because Nov 17 is the first day that Parliament resumes. And according to our mole,one day (I think) before Mr Smith takes the proposals to cabinet.

Submission closing date doesn't really matter, we won't change ACC's mind, they always ignore submissions. It's the politicians we need to impress upon- and specifically Mr Smith

Bike
    None any more
    Nice work tonight on Close Up, Les. That's what's known in the trade as a first round knockdown.

ACC's CEO was woefully underprepared. I think he expected to wing it but failed badly. Getting a public concession from him to release ACC's base data at no charge to BRONZ is a major win. I will be curious to learn what advice his professional comms advisers gave him prior.

Another major win is that a Crown entity CEO publicly embarrassing themselves creates an opportunity for Minister Smith to distance himself from his agency. Given today's other announcement about National testing the water for privatisation of ACC coverage, there may be a tipping point here. If not, there are some areas of weakness to work on.

I think there is public sympathy to be milked from a bloated, arrogant bureaucracy espousing "transparancy" in one breath and hiding behind the Official Information Act in another.

Another weak point is an ACC smugly confident that it's peer reviewed actuarial data is robust, but which won't release it for public scrutiny and which also clearly can't do fifth form maths.

Some short and to the point letters to editors of major metropolitan daily newspapers along these lines would not be a silly idea.

I'm not sure what BRONZ's budget extends to, but perhaps some open letters to New Zealand's motoring public run as prominent advertisements in daily papers could also built some general support and also demonstrate to National MPs that bikers are reasoned, sensible and mean business.

Well done again.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Because Nov 17 is the first day that Parliament resumes. And according to our mole,one day (I think) before Mr Smith takes the proposals to cabinet.

Submission closing date doesn't really matter, we won't change ACC's mind, they always ignore submissions. It's the politicians we need to impress upon- and specifically Mr Smith
    I thought the biker term was a "moll" rather than a "mole" ?
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    Yamaha YZF 600. 1995

Okay. I have a track-day on the 15th but will be ready to rock and roll early Sunday morning.

How many Aukers are going to go down? Several thousand would be good.

Has anyone arranged a meeting place/time for the start of the ride?

How about the BP service centre, just south of Drury, at 9am on Sunday morning. Leave 9:15.

I suggest we go down the back way, via Otorahonga, Taumaranui, Turangi, then Welly. Nice day's ride.

Anyone else got another plan?
    Only 'Now' exists in reality.

Bike
    All to be worked out early next week

Thread Information