Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day of Shame protest

Bike
    Everything

Day of Shame protest

BRONZ Auckland decided at its meeting last night to hold an official BRONZ protest on (probably) 29th May. Unofficially titled the Day of Shame protest, the name and date being based on the new rates officially coming into force . It's slightly tentatively, but definite unless someone comes up with a good reason why not.

This is a "definite unless" for Auckland, we'd like to get the other regions holding something on the same day but that's still to be discussed.

The actual nature of the protest is still under consideration. We'd like something catchy, like the Christmas Naughty or Nice ride, that might grab press attention. And preferably a bit cheeky or tongue in cheeky, rather than bitter and twisted. Suggestions are solicited.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONZ View Post
    preferably a bit cheeky or tongue in cheeky, rather than bitter and twisted.
    What? Whats the theory with that?

I think that just lets them completely off the hook.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    We have to demolish the enemy, not abuse him
    who is the enemy and how do we demolish him

Bike
    Everything
    Because we want press and public support. Coming over all bitter and angry doesn't help with that. Especially as the public are having a problem perceiving what our problem is. Sarcasm and taking the micky out of ACC/Mr Smith does.

Back at the beginning of the campaign, the 'angry biker" gig worked. Joe Q reckoned he'd be angry too. He understood why we were bitching. Now, it won't work. Joe Q doesn't think we've got anything much to bitch about. . We need to make ACC and Mr Smith look wrong, ill informed, stupid and ridiculous. Not just bitch. We have to demolish the enemy, not abuse him

That's where the Naughty or Nice protest worked well. The pollies *HATED* getting that lump of coal - they understood the message all right. But it didn't look bitter - just cheeky.

Bike
    Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Mr Judge, Mr Smith and assorted bean counters. We demolish them with charm, logic , persistence and ridicule

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Some might say that the enemy is us !
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    BRONZ Auckland decided at its meeting last night to hold an official BRONZ protest on (probably) 29th May. Unofficially titled the Day of Shame protest, the name and date being based on the new rates officially coming into force . It's slightly tentatively, but definite unless someone comes up with a good reason why not.

This is a "definite unless" for Auckland, we'd like to get the other regions holding something on the same day but that's still to be discussed.

The actual nature of the protest is still under consideration. We'd like something catchy, like the Christmas Naughty or Nice ride, that might grab press attention. And preferably a bit cheeky or tongue in cheeky, rather than bitter and twisted. Suggestions are solicited.
    That works for me and as the 29th is a Saturday even our whimpy 'can't miss lunch' allies might get of their bums and participate.

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    its good to see a start
    Is there a reason that this meeting was not publicised? or did I miss it?
    I am a member and spent a bit of time combing your website and did not find mention of when it was
    I would have attended if id known
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Cos it was the regular monthly meeting. Third Wednesday every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Because we want press and public support. Coming over all bitter and angry doesn't help with that.
    I see. Well, you the man, man. Tell us what to do.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
    That works for me and as the 29th is a Saturday even our whimpy 'can't miss lunch' allies might get of their bums and participate.
    Well since my chapter president just said so I guess BRONZ Welly are in too.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Hey that's my birthday so I'll be up for a party...
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    Hey that's my birthday so I'll be up for a party...
    Cool I'll bring the balloons !!!
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Cos it was the regular monthly meeting. Third Wednesday every month.
    I would have thought if BRONZ were making these kind of decisions then a mail out/email to its members might have been kind of appropriate to discuss the plan of attack?

Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Well since my chapter president just said so I guess BRONZ Welly are in too.
    Is that like a HOG chapter?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    I would have thought if BRONZ were making these kind of decisions then a mail out/email to its members might have been kind of appropriate to discuss the plan of attack?
    Nah sorry, deleted post.

If anyone cares, the BRONZ website is way, way, way out of date, which makes it look pretty unprofessional.
    Last edited by Berries; 19th February 2010 at 23:27. Reason: I thought I cared, then realised I didn't.

Thread Information