Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1220

Thread: KTM 990/950 Adv thread

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    crackup, wear armored motorcross boots you dunses.... you paid enough for your bike, pay some coin for good boots they actually DO something that cheap ones cant (unlike the bike lololol)

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    crackup, wear armored motorcross boots you dunses.... you paid enough for your bike, pay some coin for good boots they actually DO something that cheap ones cant (unlike the bike lololol)
    I have yet to do much more than some rather rough gravel roads. It's a road bike ATM. And the boots weren't cheap. Comfortable thou.

Will have to wait to try out more adventure type stuff

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    I have yet to do much more than some rather rough gravel roads. It's a road bike ATM. And the boots weren't cheap. Comfortable thou.

Will have to wait to try out more adventure type stuff
    your ankle dont mind if your on or off road when ya bike lands on it eldog.

This discussion has been had many times on loads of forums. All I'm trying to say is protection should weight higher than comfort. I had a nice pair of comfeee adv shoes and they folded in half with my hoof in them. Considering the reason you wear boots in the first place is protection.....they failed miserably when it counted.

Believe me also when I tell you the cost of good boots will be eaten up if they save your foot from severe injury. Might never happen and I hope it dont...it's no fun when/if it does.

Cost doesn't always equal the best protection (as I found out) Alpine Stars Tech 10's or Sidi crossfires are top of the line but I understand Sidi also do an adv boot which is meant to be pretty good. At the end of the day I don't think I've convinced anyone to change boots but if it gets the focus more on protection then everyone wins IMO.
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    OK, I will look into what the other boots offer in comparison to what I currently use.

Agree protection above comfort generally - that's why I wear adventure boots vs little stubby ones or sneakers etc

sorry I hijacked your thread, those KTMs look great, will try and go for a look at one when I am near to the dealer

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    I had a brand new (first ride) pair of Gaerne MX boots on.

If I had of worn my Adv Boots I would have probably lost my foot.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Oscar to the front desk please..........Crash Report required

Bike
    Condensed version:

1. Oscar gets an 1190r sideways at low speed on the grass at the KTM Rally.
    2. KTM crash bar lands on his foot breaking most of the bones therein.
    3. Several days in hospital, and then a week at home.
    4. Back to Hospital for four and half hour operation,
    5. Home again after three days.
    6. Back to hospital after two days - meds cause intestinal blockage.
    7. Home again for 24 hours.
    8. Back to hospital suffering shortness of breath.
    9. Three days in hospital where it is discovered that Oscar had a blood clot on his left lung and one on his Pulmonary Artery.
    10. Home for Xmas.
    11. Most of Jan and Feb on the sofa, watching mates go on the rise that Oscar had planned.
    12. Last Wednesday week walking (actually hobbling) without crutches.
    13. Last Thursday, overdoes it and blows cartilage on good leg.
    14. Back on crutches, Swears a lot.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    the problem with the big "dual sport" bikes, only fragile old people can afford them

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    the problem with the big "dual sport" bikes, only fragile old people can afford them
    Bring it on Sonny, I'll show you how fragile I am...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    haha, in all seriousness, sounds like a savage crash and a shit recovery, hope it starts getting better, never nice being in recovery mode

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    That sounds nasty Oscar....and that comes from someone who knows nasty recoveries Hope it goes better going forward for ya.

As an aside....My doctor told me he'd shoot me himself if i ever got back on a motorcycle.....so I aint told him

PS: As an ex 990 owner its not hijackng this thread discussing this....and lets face it....this forum aint what it used to be participation wise.............but thats a discussion for another thread

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    That sounds nasty Oscar....and that comes from someone who knows nasty recoveries Hope it goes better going forward for ya.

As an aside....My doctor told me he'd shoot me himself if i ever got back on a motorcycle.....so I aint told him

PS: As an ex 990 owner its not hijackng this thread discussing this....and lets face it....this forum aint what it used to be participation wise.............but thats a discussion for another thread
    I could give a fuck what passes for off topic around here.

Anyway, I've sold the 1190 and I'm looking for a couple of things for the collection whilst awaiting the 790 or T7 to turn up.

I need a 620/640 Adv, and a 950 Adv or SE.

If I didn't have two injured legs I'd be kicking my self for selling the mighty 950.

Bike
    02' 640E; 79' Lemans
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I could give a fuck what passes for off topic around here.

Anyway, I've sold the 1190 and I'm looking for a couple of things for the collection whilst awaiting the 790 or T7 to turn up.

I need a 620/640 Adv, and a 950 Adv or SE.

If I didn't have two injured legs I'd be kicking my self for selling the mighty 950.
    I'm running around at the moment on an old 640 enduro and a 950sm with knobs on, at the moment. Great combo, but whenever I'm on the 640 'getting there' I'm wishing I was on the 950 and if I happen to 'get there' on the 950 I want the 640. This riding lark is so full of compromises.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by manakau.KTM View Post
    I'm running around at the moment on an old 640 enduro and a 950sm with knobs on, at the moment. Great combo, but whenever I'm on the 640 'getting there' I'm wishing I was on the 950 and if I happen to 'get there' on the 950 I want the 640. This riding lark is so full of compromises.
    I traded my 640e on one of the very last 625SXC's - what a great bike.
    I have no idea why I sold it, sometimes I do some stupid shit..like selling my 950..shesh.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by manakau.KTM View Post
    990 & 690 was the same for me although I didn't own them at the same time. I'm actually really happy with the Tiger's multipurposeness (cept for the front end ) it isn't 690 capable off road but then neither am I

EDIT: ooooh look, my 2000th post.....do I get a gold GPS from the KB board of directors?

Thread Information