represented by GCM

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
    you didnt cut your hair i hope?..
    What are ya - a cop?

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    I think we also need to agree on what constitutes success at the end of the day as well. From day one I've believed the main aim is to driver through a smaller (eg $300) increase - but to get it past us, have said they want $500. When we've finished our protests, and made our point, Nick Smith will stand there and say - "Ok, we're a good government, we listen to our people and we're only going to charge a $300 increase."

what will it take to make us go away?

If we all agree $500 is too much - what compromise will make us happy - because in the end that's what we're likely to be faced with.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    What are ya - a cop?

im a undercover agent for the FBI and i been sent down here to in-fil-trate the Ku Klux Klan

name that tune BD ...
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    All of them
    I know 2 things - we are off topic - and Devil went down to Georgia was a better song.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmNZ View Post
    I think we also need to agree on what constitutes success at the end of the day as well. From day one I've believed the main aim is to driver through a smaller (eg $300) increase - but to get it past us, have said they want $500. When we've finished our protests, and made our point, Nick Smith will stand there and say - "Ok, we're a good government, we listen to our people and we're only going to charge a $300 increase."

If we all agree $500 is too much - what compromise will make us happy - because in the end that's what we're likely to be faced with.
    I reckon parity with cars is the go...and not a penny more!
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmNZ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    I reckon parity with cars is the go...and not a penny more!
    As well as parity with cars, what we really want is a return to a no fault COMPENSATION scheme not a fully funded INSURANCE scheme. That's probably too much of an ask until after the revolution so I'll settle for the same relative percentage increase as applied to cars without the engine capacity weighting.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    To me, a realistic "best result" expectation would be for bikes to get the same percentage increase as the cars are getting. (Same price for all bikes).

(edit: oh. Same as "Bald Eagle" said).

"Parity" (paying the same as cars) is less realistic as it not only halts the big increase but reverses the situation we already have. Essentially we'd be asking for the cars to get an increase and us not to. That isn't going to happen.

Even bigger stuff, like changing the whole way ACC fees are gathered is going to take a lot more work over a long time.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    POS 750cc+ bike, Suzuki DRZ400
    Ixion re-word these however you think but I didn't see these points.

- The collection of statistics for motorcycle injuries doesn't specify whether the injury was incurred on a road registered motorcycle or not and it is likely that road registered users are being asked to contribute for others. (Because there is no specific figure you could just as easily say we estimate 50% of motorcycle injuries are for riders of non-registered motorcycles - it can't be proved. Dr Keith has said that they determine which bikes are road rego'd from the information written about the accident - as a motorcycle rider I can imagine what was written and would bet that most non road rego'd injuries are being applied to roadies.)

- in excess of 99% of road registered users own a car and as such the two premiums combined mean they are already paying significantly higher. ACC have ignored this fact.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single motorcycle

Click here for: - Changing Dyslexia, Depression, Anxiety, Trauma, Phobia's, Allergies etc

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    2nd one (more than one vehicle) is the ninth point. I'll add the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic13 View Post
    Ixion re-word these however you think but I didn't see these points.

- The collection of statistics for motorcycle injuries doesn't specify whether the injury was incurred on a road registered motorcycle or not and it is likely that road registered users are being asked to contribute for others. .
    Have we determined there is still confusion over whether farmbikes and quads are included in the stats? Thought it had been stated these were specifically excluded? (not that I trust the numbers of course...)

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    They are SUPPOSED to be specifically excluded. Subject to unknown error at the point of inital data capture .
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    Thanks Ixion - Your example in the radio interview tonight answered that one just nicely - Cheers!

Bike
    SV1000s
    Blog Entries
    Is it worth pointing out that those wire-rope barriers which Motocyclists almost unanimously oppose, while saving the ACC money on car related claims would probably have exactly the opposite effect on a motorcycle claim.
    "There must be a one-to-one correspondence between left and right parentheses, with each left parenthesis to the left of its corresponding right parenthesis."

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Is it worth pointing out that those wire-rope barriers which Motocyclists almost unanimously oppose, while saving the ACC money on car related claims would probably have exactly the opposite effect on a motorcycle claim.
    Yep. it would but not meccesarilly in our manifesto, but its a good chance for one of the front men out front to point that out on the day
    Just ride.

Thread Information