Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday 22 November - Auckland

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs View Post
    If you want this to work and you want numbers at such short notice, give exact times, exact locations and advanced warning. And put it on the KB front page, because searching threads to find updates is just too hard.

Opening post now contains all details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Mission bay is not 10min from the CBD if you 100 bikes. Its also a pain to get to unless you ride Tamiki drive, and thats a rolling protest not a parking one
    We can make it both!

But a park up would be much easier to organise
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Mission bay is not 10min from the CBD if you 100 bikes. Its also a pain to get to unless you ride Tamiki drive, and thats a rolling protest not a parking one
    Was not aware we were protest riding, just protest parking. Make our own way there to meet at car park...or am I way off the beam, again?

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    Im just one voice, so if you pick Mission bay so be it, But just saying Right in the middle of the americas cup village is a car park, its visible to everyone.
    Its right in the middle of all the motorway access points to get to. And if its raining mission bay will be like a morgue. Where as The viaduct will still be alive.
    Please Mr ACC, my 1300cc bike was passed by a 400cc bike on a track day, can I have my fees reduced ?

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    Was not aware we were protest riding, just protest parking. Make our own way there to meet at car park...or am I way off the beam, again?
    Thats my point, to get to mission bay with a decent number of bikes will close down Tamiki Dr. So it becomes a rideing protest, not your intended parking one
    Please Mr ACC, my 1300cc bike was passed by a 400cc bike on a track day, can I have my fees reduced ?

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    No you are bang on. I am not about to plan a rolling protest at such short notice.

I cant help it if bikers make their way home via the waterfront/Queen St etc from having brunch with their friends at Mission Bay can I.
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Thats my point, to get to mission bay with a decent number of bikes will close down Tamiki Dr. So it becomes a rideing protest, not your intended parking one
    All good then....

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Im just one voice, so if you pick Mission bay so be it, But just saying Right in the middle of the americas cup village is a car park, its visible to everyone.
    Its right in the middle of all the motorway access points to get to. And if its raining mission bay will be like a morgue. Where as The viaduct will still be alive.
    Read the opening post, this is a first off, I will be updating the wheres and whens of the first post each week.

EDIT: I dont care if it is raining.
    Nonono,

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Read the opening post, this is a first off, I will be updating the wheres and whens of the first post each week.

EDIT: I dont care if it is raining.
    Well that was a well spent hour of the last day of my holidays.
    Well done Mom...Instant protest,

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    So be it, maybe the next one will be in the CBD

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    So be it, maybe the next one will be in the CBD
    Yup the 29th! WOOP!
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    You should start planning your next big protest, and ( for that one ) make it a few weeks away. Or protesters will never have a weekend to do DIY.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    You should start planning your next big protest, and ( for that one ) make it a few weeks away. Or protesters will never have a weekend to do DIY.
    Since these levy proposals have been announced there are many of us that have not had a weekend to ourselves, sometimes entire days have been given up too. And yes this will all settle in the fullness of time, I just dont want to lose the media support we have right now in the wake of Bikeoi. So for now, this Sunday is it, that is as far as I can plan right now. Hells teeth, my poor hubby does not even know I have done this yet And what is worse, if the Blue Bitch does not start again on Sunday, he will have to pillion me too
    Nonono,

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    I meant at "least" a few weeks away of that very reason. I have been on three so far and some time at home would be nice for the kids.

Do we know the date ACC's official proposal goes to parliamentary committee to be discussed ?

That should be a big date for at least some more visible protests.

Perhaps our friendly politicians can give us that date.

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(

Question Make it nationwide

Why not link this type of protest to a synchronised series of similar protests nationwide? Each city or region can nominate a venue that will work for them and we hit them all simultaneously, week after week. Perhaps different venue in each area each week so as not to victimise the same retailers repeatedly.

We have the communication network up and running to do it, based on our successes so far. How about it?

Thread Information