View Poll Results: What result do YOU want from the ACC protests?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scrap acc levvies and have a fuel tax

53 39.55%
  • An increase like as proposed just a LOT smaller

0 0%
  • No change to the system but a small increase to all bikes

4 2.99%
  • No increase as we are currently being targeted unfairly

77 57.46%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What result do you want?

Bike
    Honda PC800

What result do you want?

hey folks theres a whole bunch of us protesting about this ACC hike thing. Dunno if the question has been asked as a poll yet. What result DO we want as a group.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    would be happy for the cost of regos to stay as they are. but if an increase MUST be done, then no more than $100, reguardless of type or cc size of bike.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    something like this? I want the levy increase completely abolished, and will take part in any action to go one step furthur and get parity with other road users.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2012 Victory Highball
    No changes to levy levels

NONE

A Royal Commission into ACC and its future and/or cross party statement for all the pollies to keep their fucking mitts off ACC now and forever amen
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet

Bike
    Daytona
    a more even spread amoung each group who is involved in claiming.
    although it would be difficult to enforce, somehow involve those who are not, eg cyclists and boats etc.
    agree with above that cc size should not matter and a much lower hike is needed

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I must say my vote goes to scrapping the ACC levvies altogether and having a fuel tax. I feel that would be a lot fairer.Just my opinion mind you
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    I'd be a little cautions stating "what we want" because they might just say "ok" and give it to us.

Basically, we are haggling for the best deal we can get, and we might do a lot better than we think.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    I must say my vote goes to scrapping the ACC levvies altogether and having a fuel tax. I feel that would be a lot fairer.Just my opinion mind you
    You're talking my language mate. That's EXACTLY what I want. I'm okay with the earner levy staying but I think fuel tax is the only equitable way for motor vehicle users to support the motor vehicle fund.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Take ACC back to it's original concept

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    the problem (i see) with a fuel tax, is bikes use less fuel, so it would still create a division in levies generated from different road user groups, the should be only one acc levy amount, a road user charge, charged to every licensed person. Everyone pays an equal amount, regardless of risk, number of vehicles, and (most importantly) fault.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    your mum
    Blog Entries
    WERE was the who cares option?

MFSC lives on!

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    It had been Polled already Frosty but not as well as RIGHT AFTER SPANKING Nicky boy

Good poll, I voted, and I meant it

Peace bro
    Just ride.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki zzr 250
    Id prefer to see very low levies on everything car , truck , bike , camel , goat what ever you think they might levi us for.

In saying that a levi on fuel is going to be a primary $$$ but also I think a levi as part of the drivers lience system would balance there argument on what if someone else operates said machine. This would cover people who choose to operate what ever lience class they hold and help to keep the Fuel Levi a bit lower how ever every class would have to carry a levi on it scaled down with more classes showing a longer education in road saftey as each class of lience is acheived in diffrent tests and trail periods.

When someone has an accident without holding a Lience class for it of any level they should be prosicuted as the law currently operates anyway.
    Prolly sounds kinda rough but were are still trying to save lives and injury as well as save our pockets somehow.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    I dunno about anyone else, but what I want is ACC to be left in its original form to fulfill its original intentions - no fault principle intact. I do NOT want it to become a privatized insurance scheme. I do NOT want it to be forward funded either since this is in contravention of the original principles as well.

If, to achieve this, levies must increase, then they must be increased across the board, so that we all pay equally.

Having individual groups pay extra for this that or the other reason is pure bullshit.

IMO.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post

Having individual groups pay extra for this that or the other reason is pure bullshit.

IMO.
    Yours and 9,500 others brother
    They said it good and loud yesterday
    Just ride.

Thread Information