Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is happening?

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    What? How did you score that? What do you get to do?
    I submitted my submission (to the select committee not just the ACC one) like a good boy ...
    said I would like to speak to my submission and they called me!

I get 10 minutes to talk about the stuff I put in my submission... so far that is all I know, but I am getting a little expert advice first
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    Canadian Red Back
    well Im thinking of photshoping some xmas cards withe next logo on it and posting them off to some national party Members

Bike
    98 Triumph Thunderbird 900
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XP@ View Post
    I submitted my submission (to the select committee not just the ACC one) like a good boy ...

I get 10 minutes to talk about the stuff I put in my submission... so far that is all I know, but I am getting a little expert advice first

Cool ... all the best! Im sure you will do just fine!

Live your life in such a way,
    that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,

Satan shudders & says....'Oh shit!....she's awake!!'

Bike
    FOR SALE
    I'm looking forward to my date with the select committee on Thursday!

Having never done anything like this before I'm a tad nervous . But I think it will be fine with a little help from Nasty
    Good luck with that mate you will be just fine.
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E

Bloody well done. Wish I had been awake to that.

All the best for your prep and delivery. Hope you make them stop and think.
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Hats off to everyone who stands up to be counted. Especially to those who take some sort of leadership role.
    It's easy to follow, easy to support, easy to turn up - not so easy to organise. But anyone can do it. Even if it's an idea that occurs...put it on here. Start another thread dedicated to that idea so it doesn't get lost in the clutter.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Trans NZ Broliner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Hats off to everyone who stands up to be counted. Especially to those who take some sort of leadership role.
    It's easy to follow, easy to support, easy to turn up - not so easy to organise. But anyone can do it. Even if it's an idea that occurs...put it on here. Start another thread dedicated to that idea so it doesn't get lost in the clutter.
    How about some strong leadership and forums designed to easily interpret KB's stance on a suggested action?

I made a suggestion RE Saturday ACT Xmas Party in Newmarket.... comments were made that ACT were not the enemy (which may or may not be accurate), so I forgot about it. NONONO turned up on his lonesome thinking something was on....

I think the forums could disseminate information in a much more efficient manner,

As well as initiative, we need some ORGANISATION from the top too. I keen as mustard to do something but nowhere to go.

Like 90% of people I'm born a foot soldier and not a leader. Rattling the troops or creating a guilty conscience by saying 'show some initiative' and 'do it on your own bat' seems like passing the buck to those unsuited......
    Churches are monuments to self importance

Bike
    Buell
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Here? We're idiots.

Speak for yourself, Im sure that we could all....
    Oh look, that dogs got a fluffy tail, here fluff fluff, here fluff fluff.
    FINE. This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
    How about some strong leadership and forums designed to easily interpret KB's stance on a suggested action?

I made a suggestion RE Saturday ACT Xmas Party in Newmarket.... comments were made that ACT were not the enemy (which may or may not be accurate), so I forgot about it. NONONO turned up on his lonesome thinking something was on....

I think the forums could disseminate information in a much more efficient manner,

As well as initiative, we need some ORGANISATION from the top too. I keen as mustard to do something but nowhere to go.

Like 90% of people I'm born a foot soldier and not a leader. Rattling the troops or creating a guilty conscience by saying 'show some initiative' and 'do it on your own bat' seems like passing the buck to those unsuited......
    All good points. See...me...I'm more an ideas guy...not so much a leader. In the HB and the absence of anyone else stepping up to lead, I have. Even tho it doesn't rest easy on my shoulders. You know? All I'm saying is there is plenty of room for anyone who wants to propose ideas, and maybe organise (an event) if the idea is proved to be a good one.
    There is a sort of steering committee, but they all have jobs and this stuff takes a lot of time. Some of us have been eat/sleep/breathing ACC stuff for 6+ weeks. More who can/want to would be welcome. Spreads the load. Let's someone have a break, perhaps. Maybe just be a follower for one event.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Last weekend was the Toy Run in Auckland. And Ulysses had some big thing at Piha . Can't have too many things happening at once
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    FOR SALE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Last weekend was the Toy Run in Auckland. And Ulysses had some big thing at Piha . Can't have too many things happening at once
    Yes we where at the toy run sad really there wheren't more out with t shirts on.

So what was the Ulysses one didn't know about that.

Wendy & Pete
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    No idea. Someone just told me there was some do at Piha. A number of Ulyssians who normaly are at the Toy Run weren't .

The "Auckland Branch Christtmas Cracker Rally" apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2007 CB900
    All good points. See...me...I'm more an ideas guy...not so much a leader. In the HB and the absence of anyone else stepping up to lead, I have. Even tho it doesn't rest easy on my shoulders. You know? All I'm saying is there is plenty of room for anyone who wants to propose ideas, and maybe organise (an event) if the idea is proved to be a good one.
    There is a sort of steering committee, but they all have jobs and this stuff takes a lot of time. Some of us have been eat/sleep/breathing ACC stuff for 6+ weeks. More who can/want to would be welcome. Spreads the load. Let's someone have a break, perhaps. Maybe just be a follower for one event.
    In Wellington we have set up a sub forum called Wellington Action Group - this is where discussions and agreement of actions take place. It also enables ideas to be floated out side the public eye of the guests on KB. Its an invite only group and people are encouraged to recommend others to join in and get them into that group.

When an idea for down here is floated on the wider forum we take it into the sub-group for further discussion and planning. We also have members in there that cover off WIMA, BRONZ and Ulyssess as well.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    The do it yourself leadership thing is a bit difficult, ideas pulling in different directions, different focus. Someone mentioned hearding cats in another post.
    Really, to get anything big off the ground here you gotta have some standing.
    Ixion and Mom have done a fine job as have a few others, but us lesser mortals have tried and died a few times and that sort of takes the edge off a bit.
    I would love to be more "involved' in the planning, but you know, unless you've been around this site a good while, you tend to get the wary look a bit if you turn up at planning meetings. But then, I'm not the most sociable bastard myself.
    As for my opinion re the pre Xmas protest, keep it local, keep it big, and make it loud. For me the only 2 immediate options are Queen Street on a Sat morning (very slowly) maybe with Santa bikers walking along side doing the leaflet hand outs and explanations...or the bridge. Both guaranteed news items which the Nats and Judge will see.
    People keep saying we should not upset the public, but WE are the public.
    Anyway, I'm in whatever.

Bike
    Its a Boat

Team Work

Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    The do it yourself leadership thing is a bit difficult, ideas pulling in different directions, different focus. Someone mentioned hearding cats in another post.
    Really, to get anything big off the ground here you gotta have some standing.
    Ixion and Mom have done a fine job as have a few others, but us lesser mortals have tried and died a few times and that sort of takes the edge off a bit.
    I would love to be more "involved' in the planning, but you know, unless you've been around this site a good while, you tend to get the wary look a bit if you turn up at planning meetings. But then, I'm not the most sociable bastard myself.
    You do need to be focused and at the same time, be able to take direction.
    Pre The Rolling Protest Ride, I asked a selected few to help. There were ideas coming in and I would run things past the help crew via pm, and at the same time, they would inturn, ask or suggest this and that. There was one particular matter that needed addressing (which I wont get into) and it was sorted quickly enough, end of story.
    You cant do something on that scale by yourself, you need a team.
    The team on the RPR was brilliant/supportive/motivated/competant, couldn't have asked for better. Thats what made it a success.

Thread Information