Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GoPro HD Hero helmet camera

Bike
    2008 KTM 530 EXCR, 1976 BMW R75/6
    Nice going Robertydog

That is really clear! What software do you use to render the file?

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650
    This is one I have done, first crack at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwhUFK_BHk
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Is this Dick Smith SDHC card okay to use? http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4b29ac...ct/View/XG4908

Getting my HD Hero tomorrow.

Bike
    SF
    It might be but after heaps of reading, I'd say it isn't worth the risk. I got a 16GB Kingston Class 4 SDHC card for about $64 and it's the one GoPro recommend and I can confirm that it works sweet. Definitely avoid Transcend class 6 and Adata class 6. Some have had issues with Sandisk Ultra II (but the specs for the GoPro HD do say class 4 minimum) and also problems with Verbatim cards. If you're keen on the DSE card, take your camera to the store and get them to chuck one in. The problem seems to be recording 1080p (r5) and the recording stopping after a few minutes (or sometimes seconds)
    Hope that helps

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Is this Dick Smith SDHC card okay to use? http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4b29ac...ct/View/XG4908

Getting my HD Hero tomorrow.
    Our one says 2GIG max, we tried 4 Gig and it would not accept it.

It has to be SD HC tho for sure.
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Bike
    10 HUSQ TE310, 06 HONDA HORNET 900
    ya, got mine real early, promptly got an adata class 6 16gb, sigh.......

best be getting a kingston, useless fucks, good camera thou !

Bike
    N/A
    I got a Kingston Class 4 SDHC card, and it works well with the GoPro HD. Best you use one as it appears not too many people are having success with any thing else.
    Tis a Yamahahahaha G. Just thrash it like you stole it. Gixxer 4 ever
    It really did look very unloved. Specially as it was next to the R1 that the whole crowd wanted to look at. Gixxer 4 ever

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Awesome video's, Looks to be an awesome camera.

I have to have one.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Sweet, got my GoPro HD yesterday.

Quick question. Will I be able to remove the 3M adhesive mount from my helmet if I ever need too?

Is it better to just use the suction cup mount instead?

Bike
    N/A
    I had one of the 3M mounts on the bike and removed it after about 36hrs. Was well and truly stuck on but did come off. Dont know what it would be like to get off if it was on the for quite some time.
    It really did look very unloved. Specially as it was next to the R1 that the whole crowd wanted to look at. Gixxer 4 ever

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Okay guys I am having some issues with my GoPro HD. Got a Kingston 8GB class 4 card from my bro for Xmas. This card is recommended by gopro.

Tested the camera out a few days ago. Just a little random footage of my parents cat. Worked perfectly. I played it through my HDTV and was very impressed.

Today I thought I would get some proper onboard bike footage. I geared up and headed up the Karapoti. Switched the GoPro onto record and headed off. Half an hour later I stopped for a break and to check if the camera was still recording. NOPE! Pressed the shutter button again but it would just beep three times then do nothing. I was pissed. So rode all the way back to my car to check the manual. It didn't help. I tried powering the camera off and reformatting the card. It helped a little but the camera would only record for thirty seconds or so then stop.

I have read that alot of others have had similar issues with their GoPro's but mainly because of cheaper SD cards.

You guys had similar issues?

I'll be contacting GoPro for some help. Hopefully they release a patch to remedy these issues.

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Okay guys I am having some issues with my GoPro HD. Got a Kingston 8GB class 4 card from my bro for Xmas. This card is recommended by gopro.

Tested the camera out a few days ago. Just a little random footage of my parents cat. Worked perfectly. I played it through my HDTV and was very impressed.

Today I thought I would get some proper onboard bike footage. I geared up and headed up the Karapoti. Switched the GoPro onto record and headed off. Half an hour later I stopped for a break and to check if the camera was still recording. NOPE! Pressed the shutter button again but it would just beep three times then do nothing. I was pissed. So rode all the way back to my car to check the manual. It didn't help. I tried powering the camera off and reformatting the card. It helped a little but the camera would only record for thirty seconds or so then stop.

I have read that alot of others have had similar issues with their GoPro's but mainly because of cheaper SD cards.

You guys had similar issues?

I'll be contacting GoPro for some help. Hopefully they release a patch to remedy these issues.
    I got the 16gb card and havnt had any problems.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by robertydog View Post
    I got the 16gb card and havnt had any problems.
    Just got this response on SupermotoJunkie.com

that exact thing!!!! happened to my buddy today. i was checking it out and fussed with it we figured out that it was a faulty card. I put my card in it to make sure and put his card in mine and mine got all fucked up. I swapped out the cards again and mine was fine and his was all junk. I tried to format the card and it wouldent let me i did it in the computer and then did it in the go pro and still the same shit. we returned the card and now its working perfect. Go return the card and everything should be just fine

So hopefully it's a faulty card.

I do have a 1GB card here with me that I'll try.

Bike
    SF
    My 16GB Kingston class 4 also works flawlessly. I wonder if your 8GB is a cheap knock-off bought off trademe?

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    My 16GB Kingston class 4 also works flawlessly. I wonder if your 8GB is a cheap knock-off bought off trademe?
    My Kingston was bought from Ascent.co.nz

I just tried an old Kingston 1GB 50x SD and it recorded a full eight minutes.

Looks like I'll be returning the 8GB.

Thread Information