Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: REPSOL CBR250RR - Just picked up a mint one!

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    Hi .produKt, sorry to hear about your recent unfortunate events. Hope you are well on the fast road to recovery.

Your experience has brought back to the front of my mind how I need to ride within my skills. On my recent trip to queenstown the self over confidence I had caused a butt clenching moment where I had obviously entered a corner too quickly and crossed the centreline. Thank God there was no one coming the other way or as my friend said "You're also lucky there was a shingle run off on the other side and not a ditch".

Made me realise I need to slow right down and deflate my giant head and realise where my skills are actually are. Quickbuck couldnt have said it any better "motorcyclist for life...Not just for now"

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you get to upgrade to a nice machine in the near future.
    mmm...heated grips are good

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR, Sach's MADASS 125
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleychung View Post
    Hi .produKt, sorry to hear about your recent unfortunate events. Hope you are well on the fast road to recovery.

Your experience has brought back to the front of my mind how I need to ride within my skills. On my recent trip to queenstown the self over confidence I had caused a butt clenching moment where I had obviously entered a corner too quickly and crossed the centreline. Thank God there was no one coming the other way or as my friend said "You're also lucky there was a shingle run off on the other side and not a ditch".

Made me realise I need to slow right down and deflate my giant head and realise where my skills are actually are. Quickbuck couldnt have said it any better "motorcyclist for life...Not just for now"

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you get to upgrade to a nice machine in the near future.
    Thanks man =), All the well wishes i've had really mean a lot to me.

Looking for a VFR400 atm. It's outside my current licence tho.... ands thats the sucky bit.
    Oh well
    "Speed has never killed anyone!.... Suddenly becoming stationary, That's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson, Season 3 Topgear

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    produKt: I find you similar to me when I first joined Kiwibiker, there's something about you that I like.
    Could you do me a big favour and post in rant n rave, we need some you know new people to this site to get the threads active purely for this reason. Just pick whatever thread you object or support and post away.

Dean
    No, don't just "Post away" anywhere. KB is brimming with people posting in threads for no reason, simply to get themselves heard (read).

One of the worst offenders for that has just been banned, we don't need any more.

produckt, feel free to browse and post when you have something to say, in whatever forum you like.

Sucks about the bike - been in a similar situation myself (overcooked a corner on an unfamiliar bike, leading to run wide - thankfully nothing coming the other way). Glad you see you are taking ownership of the error (most on here don't - ever) and hopefully learning from it. Please don't do it again. if you wouldn't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    /me secretly wonders if the forum troll banned was Piratejafa XD

And yea fair enough. i wans't gonna go posting like a stupid monkey anyhow
    "Speed has never killed anyone!.... Suddenly becoming stationary, That's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson, Season 3 Topgear

Bike
    Rothmans NSR300R SP
    Blog Entries
    Might I suggest looking for another smaller bike, hone your riding skills on something smaller and less powerful.
    You have just experienced a nasty accident due to your inexperience, you could have come off a lot worse.
    Stick with a 250, go riding with mature people, work on getting your full license, then look at getting a bigger bike.
    A friend of mine has a CBR250 for sale, not sure which model, he did mention he was thinking about new aftermarket Repsol fairings for it too.
    Hope to see you on some rides before winter roles in. And we'll give you a go on the minimotos if your keen.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hey.

Well i do have a Sach's MADASS 125 that's my current. But I'm cornering on the footpegs regularly. Kinda feel like i've 'clocked' the bike, if you get what i mean.

And yea, i am trying to stick with a 250, but all the exciting ones are the older ones in the 1990's ish. I love the 4cyl scream of a mid 90's bike.. simply can't get enough of it =\

So keen on the minimoto's - Could be a bloody good learning experience for me?.

But anyhow, the plan is to either stay on the madass and accept that i can't goto the coast or to maruia springs or hamner on it. Or get a cheap 250 and go do some exhaustive advanced lessons thru mainland, and then work up from there?

Got soo much on my plate right now as is, so it'll take a while.

Bike
    nightrod
    Quote Originally Posted by .produKt View Post
    Hey.

Well i do have a Sach's MADASS 125 that's my current. But I'm cornering on the footpegs regularly. Kinda feel like i've 'clocked' the bike, if you get what i mean.

With all respect most people can scrape footpegs on a Sach even newbs can, its better to master on 250's then once not you but experienced bikers say you are ready then you are ready to upgrade. Never go by your own judgement, afterall look how that corner ended up. (Im not being a smartarse).

Bike
    Rothmans NSR300R SP
    Blog Entries
    Yep, the minimotos are wicked fun. Keep that old helmet, it's perfect for the minimotos, you don't want to use a good helmet as it's guaranteed to hit the ground sooner or later. lol

Take your time finding a new bike, it's not like you can ride yet anyway. Stay legal, stay safe.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSXR-750
    Quote Originally Posted by {.bLanK}G_o_D View Post
    Yep, the minimotos are wicked fun. Keep that old helmet, it's perfect for the minimotos, you don't want to use a good helmet as it's guaranteed to hit the ground sooner or later. lol

Take your time finding a new bike, it's not like you can ride yet anyway. Stay legal, stay safe.
    Me and my partner have recently got minimotos and it is bloody good fun.
    My posts look empty without a signature.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    And yea, i am trying to stick with a 250, but all the exciting ones are the older ones in the 1990's ish. I love the 4cyl scream of a mid 90's bike.. simply can't get enough of it =\

Well the VFR will suck for you then, as they are more about the mid-range, and rumble more than scream.....

The Cheap 250 idea is the best one yet.... After all your aspirations are for a bigger bike eventually... BUT you will need the skills first.
    Save the money you would have spent on the bike, and spend it on training courses. Seriously (we all need them).

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Well the VFR will suck for you then, as they are more about the mid-range, and rumble more than scream.....

The Cheap 250 idea is the best one yet.... After all your aspirations are for a bigger bike eventually... BUT you will need the skills first.
    Save the money you would have spent on the bike, and spend it on training courses. Seriously (we all need them).
    Yer, what e sed. I find the vfr is best in between about 8 and 13k. Much more than that and your just revving for the hell of it, less and you aren't moving..

Where as the cbr doesn't start moving till 10 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yea, CBR250rr.s get up n go around 14,000rpm, but still decent acceleration before that.

An update too. I have a new CBR. In better condition than the last.
    Will explain in a CBR250RR - Just picked up a mint one! pt2 :P

Bike
    Rothmans NSR300R SP
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear.
    How's the clavicle?

Bike
    Blog Entries

eek

Good thanks.
    Rather large bump (the end of the broken bone) pokes out of my shoulder and moves around in a freaky way when i move my arm lol
    other than that, only get pains when sitting down with arms outfront (ie playing xbox, which sucks because the pain is very real =\

Asides from that - all good. Do heavy lifting every day and still no worries

new bike is good too. Infact it's mint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6506.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	651.7 KB 
ID:	201250  

Bike
    Rothmans NSR300R SP
    Blog Entries
    Good thanks.
    Good.
    Yeah I noticed your part 2 thread after i posted in this one.
    My bike is back from the mechanics finally. I'll put a thread up in a couple of hours.

Thread Information