Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Quadi bite arse

Bike
    2005 Yamaha Scorpio 225

quad verses 2 wheeler

Have been following this thread cause I prefer the quad but frosty likes his 2 wheeler.

Have just had a couple of days of playing on my new bike. Just an LT80 but perfect for me as I am still very new to riding.

I have to say I find it easier myself as a fairly new rider. I will take the quad places I would never attempt on the 2 wheeler purely because of my inexperience. But then again I consider myself to be a very careful rider. How many people get over confident on quads and flip them.

You definetely ride a quad in a different way. The whole balance is different. I am still getting the hang of it. This was my first real ride.

Going back tomorrow for a couple more days. Plan to do alot more exploring.
    WANTED: VTR250 in red

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    yeah nah, they're a blast to ride. just saying they're not an easy ride and because of this there's kinda less places to ride em, though the sandpit'd probably be a perfect spot for em

I haven't come across too many problems with them blocking me on trail rides... it happens with muppets on 2 wheelers aswell. Maybe a bit more of a problem in the rural farmy type areas where there's heaps of them???

I'll still be your friend too lol
    http://picasaweb.google.com/kezzafish
    My pics of some trail rides and events in the lower north island
    And check out our commercial Photography site for any other photographic needs
    http://www.fishpattie.com

Bike
    '07 KTM exc200
    Just say NO to quads.

OK, each to their own of course and I'm pretty patient and don't mind sharing a track with 'em too much but like Frosty I have broken back X-Ray/MRIs of permanent damage. Blown out discs not good and crushed vertebrae don't grow back (sniffle).

All you really need to know is Quads are h-e-a-v-y and they R-O-L-L when they tip over.

One good thing is they groom the Sandpit quite well, fewer sand-snakes. There's some fun in sliding them (until you highside) but mostly I really dislike way they handle.

You have to constantly pick two lines instead of one. When going through whoops I found when one back wheel gets a little ahead of the other going over a crest, you suddenly find yourself pointing off the track - and you can't fix it with body english. That superb, natural feeling of leaning a bike into turns is gone. The worst thing you could to a bike is add 2 extra wheels to it. Keep 'em down on the farm. A farm with no big hills.

PS I think a group of quads is a sQUADron...
    Tally Ho - mo
    Last edited by camchain; 30th December 2009 at 11:48. Reason: Added another silly comment

Bike
    2002 YZ426F and 1982 xr 100
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    I'm not that homophobic enough to ostrisize yah.. I'll still be your friend.. especially if you did something ubercool like convert yah XR100 into a three wheeler!
    Thanks for the replies guys
    AND to OLDSCHOOL i think i love you ...shit i dont even own a quad..and im talkin man love .....Nah really its that 3 wheeler thing ...well shit bro great minds think alike..im thinking my garage might look like this yz 450, yz 426, xr100 trike,....oh shit i like it.... how frickn dangerous would a xr 100 converted bike frame to trike be ????? its gotta be way better than a quad for hurting yourself i just gotta build it now.....another one i thought of building was take the front drive, engine,and frame from a 4x4 quad and make it a reverse trike with the 2 front steering wheels also driving and a single one at the rear
    if you think life is 2 short , get a taller one
    Fatboy Racing
    yamahawk racing enterprizes
    IM DAM SEXY racing

Bike
    2006 yz450
    Dad,i think a quad would be good for ya.coz i know that you aint keen on serious racing shit.and you used to do rallies and gin carnas so i no u can handle 4wheels.if not get a kx 500.

Bike
    Thanks son ..thought you were working ????...yeah i know you just want a spare practise bike..you can use the xr100 trike

and just in case you were wondering yes he is my real son...i sold the other one to some gypsys

Hey TIM your avatar looks all wrong...lol..2 smoke pipe..lol
    Fatboy Racing
    IM DAM SEXY racing

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ifuktitupagaindude View Post
    Dad,i think a quad would be good for ya.coz i know that you aint keen on serious racing shit.and you used to do rallies and gin carnas so i no u can handle 4wheels.if not get a kx 500.
    Wouldnt mind doing some more of those ...gin..karna's with plenty of gin
    and a slice of lemon
    Fatboy Racing
    IM DAM SEXY racing

Bike
    06' KXF450 & 06' RMZ250
    Go the KX500 I say.
    For REAL news (instead of that shit they spoonfeed you every day on TV) go to - http://www.openureyes.org.nz/blog/

Bike
    1993 Kawasaki KDX250+93 Suzuki GSX1100G
    Quads are great for carrying crook sheep back to the farmyard.But if you roll it then the sheep and you is fkd.I dont mind them on trail rides-for putting up the little arrows and taking them down. Otherwise I like them as much as B000M does lol.
    Whether you think you can or cant - you will always be right.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    they do a great job of getting the injured back to base, when the 2wheelers buck there riders off. and also tow the things back when they have a mechanical meltdown.

Bike
    2008 DR650
    I ride both! Been a quad bike guide for years here in Hanmer where i founded www.backtrax.co.nz. Even trained the army boys before they went to Timor after stacking a few and having to use the Hugey's to rob the stacked ones for spares.

In my humble opnion they can be huge fun in the right hands, deadly in others (much more so than a two wheeler)

I find that dirt bike riders that have a crack at riding quads often come to grief as they transfer thier riding habits...BIG MISTAKE!
    as the weight transfer is completely diffrent and the tyres will often 'grip' during a slide instantly flinging you off. Generally speaking they aren't as fore giving as a dirt bike.

Just my 2c's worth

Bike
    Thanks guys im thinking about maybe the new ltz 400 ...im going to approach this as a complete newbie..and not try and transfer any of my bike riding habits over to the quad as im sure they are very different... have now researched .. and yes they are very dangerous in the wrong hands .. and can flip , and roll, and run you over , im thinking of not only buying one but also racing it in the 400 class maybe ?have had a look at the AATV club site and the Z 400 CENTRAL SITE all with good info
    Fatboy Racing
    IM DAM SEXY racing

Bike
    KTM 250 EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by laserracer View Post
    Thanks son ..thought you were working ????...yeah i know you just want a spare practise bike..you can use the xr100 trike

and just in case you were wondering yes he is my real son...i sold the other one to some gypsys

Hey TIM your avatar looks all wrong...lol..2 smoke pipe..lol
    How would i go about contacting these gypsys?
    HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG PIPE
    Sometimes I ride Slow, sometimes I Ride Quick, But When its Time To Get Busy Out The Hat Comes The Trick.

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    Quote Originally Posted by laserracer View Post
    Thanks guys im thinking about maybe the new ltz 400 ...im going to approach this as a complete newbie..and not try and transfer any of my bike riding habits over to the quad as im sure they are very different... have now researched .. and yes they are very dangerous in the wrong hands .. and can flip , and roll, and run you over , im thinking of not only buying one but also racing it in the 400 class maybe ?have had a look at the AATV club site and the Z 400 CENTRAL SITE all with good info
    our kids race with AATV on LT50's. Don't ride a quad myself but it is impressive watching the quads race

Bike
    KTM 250 EXC
    If you have an itch, you gotta scratch it dude. give it a go.
    HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG PIPE
    Sometimes I ride Slow, sometimes I Ride Quick, But When its Time To Get Busy Out The Hat Comes The Trick.

Thread Information