Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Next BIG Protest with StoneY and the Unions

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Hmmm, so you just threw "freedom of speech" out the window along with "freedom to choose" as well.

Your attitude reinforces my decision, you go your way, I'll go mine! Simple really, nothing more to discuss!
    Your dead right there is nothing to discuss with people that have thier heads in the sand,

But YOU chose to come into this thread and make your grand statement of leftism vs rightism, which is totally MOOT to the issue at hand.
    I dont care what party is in power, the fact is this government is RIPPING off the little guys to fleece the already huge fat cats pockets even more.....
    If you aint on our side, why bother coming into this thread to make whats an obviously hostile statement.

You go your own way Olds by all means, but I will tell you right now 90% of this country back me and the protest, why? BECAUSE these issues MATTER more than left or right, is why.
    Save our ACC, thats what it is about, not labour vs national or act vs maori pty...its about our rights and our lifestyle, and the principles of keeping your word.
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Fair enough. But ask yourself...do you want to pay more, and get less in return? Regardless of 'political beliefs' I think the answer to that question is crucial.
    Thanks MSTRS well bloody put...wish I could compress a message that way LOL
    (StoneY...stfu!)
    Just ride.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Fair enough. But ask yourself...do you want to pay more, and get less in return? Regardless of 'political beliefs' I think the answer to that question is crucial.
    With all due respect, I have considered this from day one!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Your dead right there is nothing to discuss with people that have thier heads in the sand,

But YOU chose to come into this thread and make your grand statement of leftism vs rightism, which is totally MOOT to the issue at hand.
    I dont care what party is in power, the fact is this government is RIPPING off the little guys to fleece the already huge fat cats pockets even more.....
    If you aint on our side, why bother coming into this thread to make whats an obviously hostile statement.

You go your own way Olds by all means, but I will tell you right now 90% of this country back me and the protest, why? BECAUSE these issues MATTER more than left or right, is why.
    Save our ACC, thats what it is about, not labour vs national or act vs maori pty...its about our rights and our lifestyle, and the principles of keeping your word.
    "Your thread" heading says it all really.
    You have gained 10 unions and lost me (do the maths) and you are loosing your cool over that!
    I simply advised you that it was too politicaly unbalanced for me to stay on board and I will go my own way.
    Apart from that nothing has changed!
    Well, except that I now have a "red" bling from you for exercising my right of free speech!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    With all due respect, I have considered this from day one!

"Your thread" heading says it all really.
    You have gained 10 unions and lost me (do the maths) and you are loosing your cool over that!
    I simply advised you that it was too politicaly unbalanced for me to stay on board and I will go my own way.
    Apart from that nothing has changed!
    Well, except that I now have a "red" bling from you for exercising my right of free speech!
    Hey your the one who wanted to make it a sides issue.
    And red bling is my exoression fo free speech too, so just go find some posts to red rep of mine if you feel the need, I repped the content of the post not the person.
    Its not left/right at all its about democracy and our rights and being ripped off for no good reason
    Just ride.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    Looks good. Bring the rain... of bikers that is....
    reign?.......
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Hmmm, so you just threw "freedom of speech" out the window along with "freedom to choose" as well.

Your attitude reinforces my decision, you go your way, I'll go mine! Simple really, nothing more to discuss!
    the whole point of any rally/protest is freedom of speech??!!
    throw yourself out the window
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    No dont do that, he might hurt himself and go on ACC. It is not a left/right issue it is an issue that affects all bikers

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    No dont do that, he might hurt himself and go on ACC. It is not a left/right issue it is an issue that affects all bikers
    Actually, it affects all New Zealanders, whether they ride a motorcycle or not...it was waaaay bigger than bikers.....
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    Actually, it affects all New Zealanders, whether they ride a motorcycle or not...it was waaaay bigger than bikers.....
    it IS "way bigger........"

Bike
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
    Todays Dom Post contained a letter to the Editor supposedly from Dr Jan White, CEO ACC.

This letter was in response to a story the Dom post had run a few weeks ago.

The letter simply regurgitates the same old tired shit about how much Motorcyclists are costing Motorists and how broke ACC is etc etc....

My first thought when reading this was "Since when does the CEO of a Major Corporation respond to a Letter to an Editor of a regional newspaper".

Has this ever happened before?

Dont they have Plebs or Lackies to do the dirty work for them anymore?

Seems to me ACC is getting a bit uncomfortable with the pressure being bought to bear on it.

I also see John Key is about to announce a reshuffle of his cabinet, coincidently Nick Smith is facing a $15,000,000 defamation case.

Are the cracks starting to appear in this National Government?

Only way to tell for sure is to keep up the pressure......

See you all in Wellywood on the 16th.
    Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.

After a while you realise the pig is enjoying it.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Trust me oldrider, it's bloody hard to get any right-wing or even centrist representation against this ACC thing, as most righties seem to be on the government's side. Despite my political tendencies I've aligned myself with this protest as it's against the changes to ACC. A number of others felt the same way when the bikers "aligned" themselves with Labour and the Greens at the last rally. It's time to put away our political enmities and concentrate on the bigger issue - our country's future. We all know that Labour would have probably done the same thing as the Nats, so let's drop the left vs right thing okay?

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    All Oldrider's Posts have done is make me wish I could get there myself even more. Too bad my roister this time doesn't help. Getting from Whangarei to Wellington is a bit of a mission. Hope it all goes well because as an Orthopaedic Nurse I'm not looking forward to having to deal patients without ACC as it is now.
    "No Faults ACC" = No Judgment about how I care for my patients, or how much care I give, or whether they can afford it.
    Think carefully about that as you get older and have fractures more easily with less income to pay for the surgery that you will need for it, as you are lying in pain, waiting for the Ambo to check out your medical insurance to see if they will cover you.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
    I want all riders to just show up in individual groups, marshals to park em up, and you know, if Molesworth St ends up blocked by bikes...I dont care (hint hint)
    I can hear Wellingtons parking wardens rubbing their hands together with glee dreaming of all the parking infringement notices they could write up ........................... Montly bonuses will be achieved, Ipods and Trips away will be earned.

I'm in two minds at this stage
    One says becareful where you park,
    The other says Fuck Em I'll park exactly where I bloody want too.

Probally decide on the day and park according to the conditions ....
    Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.

After a while you realise the pig is enjoying it.

Bike
    Sold
    Hey your the one who wanted to make it a sides issue.
    And red bling is my exoression fo free speech too, so just go find some posts to red rep of mine if you feel the need, I repped the content of the post not the person.
    Its not left/right at all its about democracy and our rights and being ripped off for no good reason
    The red bling is of no consequence, lets focus on the issues, correct me if I am wrong!

The issue is about reintroduction of a "State controlled monopoly ACC welfare (Woodhouse model) system".

Rather than.

The introduction of "Private competative ACC insurance" and the probable phasing out of the current "State monopoly ACC insurance system"!

From it's beginning ACC has endured abuse from both governments and claimants, to the detriment of the origional Woodhouse concept.

ACC has now reached it's current status of a "State controlled monopoly insurance company" that is wielding outrageous costs on an undeserving taxpaying public with no altrenatives!

The action is to support the reintroduction of the original Woodhouse ACC system!

I believe that the action is now becoming more focussed upon the reinstatement of a Labour lead government and the removal of the current government, rather than focussing on the issue at hand.

I believe that "all" governments have contributed to the current situation and simply replacing one for another will only exacerbate the problem, not remedy it!

I felt I should make my position clear, I support the issue but not the "apparent" political direction being pursued by the action.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    not at all, the action is focused on the removal of the future funding scheme and dropping the levy hikes. The nature of politicing seems to mean the opposition will use this as an excuse to put the boot in to national and try and get support from us, whats wrong with that? (apart from the petty nature of politics, but thats all we have to work with)

Thread Information