Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACC profit

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    I have a HUGE problem with ANY govenment department making a profit (as opposed to building a buffer for times of high demand). They are a public service and, as such, should be providing that service and the lowest cost possible. If ACC is making a profit year-on-year then the levies are too high.
    Unfortunately they call it planning ahead. Perfectly sound business principle is forecasting. Best way to generate money, "safely" is to put it into the stock market... But when it's wrong, or when there's "something going on" poof, we all pay!
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    What then is the difference between "radar jamming" and "radar flooding" and what has either got to do with ACC? That is my point!
    Old Rider has a valid point. I'd like to know if ACC are guilty of impersonating a police Officer. Ye I know silly question................but indulge me on this one.

Perhaps we as bikers should try a citizens arrest on Nick Smith. Street theartre at it's best. Sure to get the medias attention and on this issue the media have forgotton about us.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    Old Rider has a valid point. I'd like to know if ACC are guilty of impersonating a police Officer. Ye I know silly question................but indulge me on this one.
    That unfortunately is illegal.
    However many years ago - ACC did no advertise, did not tell you to slow down......they simply fixed broken bits.
    But then that wasn't making them any money - turns out, if their members didn't get hurt, they got to keep the money we paid them.
    First there were adverts, then big signs on the side of the road, then violent tv adverts, then 'booze-busses'.....now they have made a "scarecrow" for all the speeders with radar detectors.
    Fact of the matter is they are simply trying to decrease injury expenses - sometimes that requires investment elsewhere as marketing prevention. Pretty much the whole purchase of radar's can be considered as only a marketing strategy. They don't care if you speed - but stat speaking if you speed, more likely to crash, more likely to claim.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    suzuki trv street magic
    originally posted by oldrider
    1) Community responsibility.
    2) Comprehensive entitlement.
    3) Complete rehabilitation.
    4) Real compensation.
    5) Administration efficiency.
    --------------------------------------

I dont think they have honoured or upheld these principles for years,

Thread Information