Thread: The report released today (12 February)

Bike
    10 speed 1995

The report released today (12 February)

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA1002/S00169.htm

Hope I'm not reposting as comp is on go slow and can't check other threads easily.

One positive from it, no drunk or drugged or dangerous driver who kills me or you gets a Kings ransom in ACC rewards anymore. Yaaaaaaaaaay

I don't care if they sit in jail or home D going That's just how it is for the Burtons and other bastards of this world. Don't expect to offend on the taxpayer! Finally Nanny State wises up.
    Their secret life is not safe with Corrections, it's talking to ACC. I do think they went too far removing suicide cover though.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Let us hope that in some years time we do not find that the visceral pleasure of shafting a few drink drivers has been paid for by many thousands of injured people having their lives ruined without any effective compensation.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    I'm finally getting around to reading this now so I will comment further as I read more.

First thing that concerns me is the bit:

The majority of us recommend amending clause 48 to extend the waiver for the 2010/11 levy consultation requirements for the Earners’
    and Motor Vehicle Accounts to reduce the risk of challenge to the validity of the consultation. Clause 48 is a transitional provision, which would allow the consultation requirements for the Work Account levies under the 2001 Act to be waived for the 2010/11 year.

So this says to me that if we don't do something this year we are stuffed as there will be no requirement for them to consult any more on changes.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Some interesting comments in the review. They have paid more than just lip service to the minority view (which, expectedly does not support the bill's amendments).

I'll read it again in the morning but my first impressions are that the majority has offered qualified support to most of the amendments in the bill, but don't agree with some of the harshest ones. Nice to see they come out heavily against the idea of using up your annual leave before entitlement to ACC, and advocate sticking with the 80% of wage support, rather than the 70-60% proposed.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    I'm finally getting around to reading this now so I will comment further as I read more.

First thing that concerns me is the bit:

The majority of us recommend amending clause 48 to extend the waiver for the 2010/11 levy consultation requirements for the Earners’

and Motor Vehicle Accounts to reduce the risk of challenge to the validity of the consultation. Clause 48 is a transitional provision, which would allow the consultation requirements for the Work Account levies under the 2001 Act to be waived for the 2010/11 year.

So this says to me that if we don't do something this year we are stuffed as there will be no requirement for them to consult any more on changes.
    What worries me is " Right to Consult" being Waivered for any group, This is the point of the start of the slippery slope to waiver the rights of any group, and why just stop with ACC, if there is a shot from the Gubberment that starts the REVOLUTION this would be it, but it will pass over the heads of Joe and Jane Public, and they will say in 12 months time " what happened there" .

Bike
    K-mart pedal power
    OK so they want to be able to change the rules without consulting the public? Is it just me or are these the actions you'd usually expect from a dictator?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gazmascelle View Post
    OK so they want to be able to change the rules without consulting the public? Is it just me or are these the actions you'd usually expect from a dictator?
    Not really. But they are the actions you would expect of a group that aspires to be one.

Bike
    suzuki trv street magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    What worries me is " Right to Consult" being Waivered for any group, This is the point of the start of the slippery slope to waiver the rights of any group, and why just stop with ACC, if there is a shot from the Gubberment that starts the REVOLUTION this would be it, but it will pass over the heads of Joe and Jane Public, and they will say in 12 months time " what happened there" .
    pretty scary when you consider the wider implications, its becoming somewhat of a trend these days.

Bike
    Noire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Let us hope that in some years time we do not find that the visceral pleasure of shafting a few drink drivers has been paid for by many thousands of injured people having their lives ruined without any effective compensation.

"Repugnant to Justice"
    I expect under this clause, that the many thousands who have non-criminal related injuries, are still to receive entitlements, and will continue to do so, unless wider issues arise within the ACC system itself!

Pity a "few" drink drivers have been convicted of "shafting" innocent road users and families all this time while receiving cash to sit around on their arses for outstanding work in the community, bugger - no entitlements. TOUGH! Here's a tissue!!
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Achievement is not always success while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
    Orison Swett Marden

Bike
    2007 Boulevard C50 (VL800)
    you know whats really interesting is this part fo the report

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Zealand Labour minority view
    We recommend that the bill not proceed. The bill would make New
    Zealand’s ACC system worse rather than better. It would shift more
    of the costs of being injured to the injured person and the State. It
    would erode the protection of New Zealanders who were injured at
    work, despite the costs of ACC to employers already being substantially
    lower than those paid by Australian employers.
    The case for cuts to entitlements is not made out. In the opinion of
    Labour members, the recent increase in the liabilities of ACC (that is,
    the increase in the amount the ACC needs to have set aside to meet
    the ongoing costs of earlier claims) are being used by the Government
    as an excuse for unjustified cuts to the ACC scheme.
    Most costs saved by cutting ACC entitlements will not go away, but
    will be passed to the health system, the injured and their families, and
    other State agencies.
    We support the extension to the date for full funding of historic
    claims, but oppose the bill overall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if by this, this is the labour partys view then they support the full funding model which means no matter which govt we are under we as bikers would therotically still have to pay more.
    History is written by the Biker
    Propaganda is written by ACC

Bike
    SV1000, RG500, RD350
    Quote Originally Posted by Azi Dahaka View Post
    you know whats really interesting is this part fo the report

-

if by this, this is the labour partys view then they support the full funding model which means no matter which govt we are under we as bikers would therotically still have to pay more.
    Since it was Auntie Helen's mob, including Phil that introduced full funding, it is no surprise they support it. Basically NZ motorcyclists are screwed no matter who warms the seat in the beehive.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Peace through superior firepower...
    Build your own dyno - PM me for the link of if you want to use it (bring beer)

Bike
    2007 Boulevard C50 (VL800)
    unless it is the greens as they support the pay as you go method but no one wants them as the leading party in parlament FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN
    History is written by the Biker
    Propaganda is written by ACC

Thread Information