Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $5,000 later

Bike
    A few

5000 KM later

Ok it's rainin and i'm bored so hmmm posting bullshit !
    Oh and i wish i were just 5 k in the red (cheeky bloody mods)
    Word of warning if you click on a pic to enlarge it you will have to click back on your browser to come back to this thread from my picasia album !

Was a week or so before Xmas, the loan i had out for the triumph had almost been paid off with the ballance sitting in my account,

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

so i wandered down to the bank and queried if they be happy to do it again !
    No worries was the answer !
    Choice lol, i aint missed the loan repayments and would only spend the extra cash, so yep i did it again !
    Two days prior to xmas the cash was sittin in the account and i was on the piss with smiles, the harley riding doofus, who's always wanted to see me on a harley (so he can keep up)

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

"Shall we look on trade me for a harley for ya he says"
    I was half cut, so told him to go look and change the music while he's up !

So he's scrolling through my trade me, rattling off details of a few bikes over the sounds and then came accross a 93 FXR, "this one sounds good" he says, S&S cases, S&S carb, ring and bearings done 35 clicks ago when the cases were replaced, full service history, 2nd owner, selling to cash up for a property !
    I just sat there at the round table and did the best impersonation of the hundred dollar bill add and yelled "LETS BUY IT"
    Well being the cheeky cunt he is, he hit the buy now DOH !

So there we were on Xmas eve up in palmy north checking it out and doing the test ride !

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

How i picked it up minus the saddle bags !

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

First impressions were,

jesssus where are the brakes,
    fuck me it don't handle too bloody well,
    front end looks a bit bent to me,
    must be the bars lol !

But of course i had been riding a late model speed triple with wicked brakes, handling etc so did take that into consideration !

Next thing my phone was going off !!!
    Two of our mates had just been taken out by a u turning 4x4 on a back road and a hunt was on for a recovery wagon (my van)

So i threw the dude the cash and said count that quick, we're out of here ! I'll take it !

The van wasn't needed in the end as the serious crash coppers took both bikes away to check em out ! So we spent the next 4 hours at palmy hospital waiting to see the boys !!! So much for riding the new bike grrrr

Eventually got it home xmas eve and the next ride was a short jaunt over to Wainui with me boy on the back to visit some relies over there !
    Then of course the boxing day races in whanganui the day after ! That was humorous, the rest of the club had left at 8 am but i wanted to go see one of me mates who'd crashed xmas eve, as they were planning to ride up with us to the racing and obviously couldnt, so i made him a couple of cups of coffee (he wasn't exactly walking much, but at least he was at home rather than stuck in hospital all busted up like Lou)

Lunch time came and i thought bugger ya cup of coffee i'm off to whangas !
    Nice wee head wind all the way up and the abbs got the hell work out ! The standard footpegs did nothing to hold me in position, in fact my feet felt like they allmost hovered over the pegs, and with the T bars it had on it i was either swinging off the bars or having to do a crunch to relax the arms !

So a few changes were in store !

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

The ballance of the loan was spent on, new forward controlls and new mounts up front (were gettin baggy)

Then the hunt was on for a back rest, so as the Mrs could stop Eye gouging me while hanging on (she didn't but it sounds good)
    Well i managed to stumble accross a second hand single seat and pad with back rest included for the same price it was gonna cost to get a back rest from the states (rare as rocking horse shit in NZ)

So here it is today ! A couple of subtle changes like bars to put me in a recline position, forwards set just right for my duck syndrome legs, original seat and backrest, 4 pot caliper on the front to give it a bit more stop, already had a 4 pot on the rear but i might have to look at the rear pads as they aint stopping too good !

No bling cause i'd rather ride the thing !

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

Impressions now ?

Well i aint ridden the speed 3 in 7 weeks, poor thing, must check the battery lol
    Brakes are better with the 4 pot in front !
    The new seat is mint, 4 hour ride on sunday with Heidi on the back and we both got off feeling great !
    Handeling is much improved since doing the front mount and bayonetes !

Smiles still can't keep up ! Bwahahahahaha

It aint a sports bike !!

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]

That scrape earned me a good thump on the back from the lovely Heidi (ground came up to meet us i swear lol) but i guess after having the the bike lurch sideways a foot and near loosing it, i did deserve it !

LIMITS - they're there to be found are they not ???

Things still to be done ?
    Make up some sort of frame slider, so i don't grind the frame to hell !
    Get the tappets checked (possible head job) !
    Get rid of the nut on the inner guard causing the tyre to be ground down (the chain conversion must offset the wheel a little) !
    Find some cunt to clean it !

[IMG]
    From Bike pics
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by sinfull; 17th February 2010 at 22:30. Reason: (cheeky friggin mods)
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    None at the moment
    Good post....shame about it being a Harley...ps...put on the jug!

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Good post....shame about it being a Harley...ps...put on the jug!
    Bring me a box of 8 % mck ! I'm a harley rider i must need to drown my sorrows !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    '03 FXD
    The question is Do you bloody wave?
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Great reading material - Harley or not! I enjoyed your post

Bike
    A few
    Nope, I nod ! And yes, to anybody !

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    With that hair, it was only a matter of time...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Still looking
    It doesn't have adjustable tappets as such mate. Hydraulic lifters, unless they've been replaced with solid ones, in which case the push-rods are adjustable.
    PAINT WINJS ROFF YA BASTARDS

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by SlideMoto View Post
    It doesn't have adjustable tappets as such mate. Hydraulic lifters, unless they've been replaced with solid ones, in which case the push-rods are adjustable.
    On ya ! I'd heard this, so the ticking i hear in first and second before the roar of the cam sets in is Hmmmmm

Then there is the noise i hear at low revs that at first i thought was in the primary, then thought piston slap (got laughed at) then found it was coming out the carb with the help of a screwdriver stethiscope (via manifold i'm guessing) One theory is valves need seating and exhaust is overlapping inlet due to the cam (but hydraulic lifters ?) got me fucked ! Still goes like a Harley possessed, so fuck if i know , ride it like i stole it ! Can't hear SFA at full noise for days afterwards !

Noises grrrr !

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Triumph Bonneville & Street Triple
    Any more bikes and you'll be putting your bed outside

Bike
    DRZ400smK10 & Rm250k7
    Waving & Nodding(downwards) are Soooo.... last year!....Yo got to do the bro Eye-brows(with a quick nod upwards) now!

No more trackdays/racing there Sinfull?
    Fook Yeah!...Me Got DRZ400sm Now!

& still can't spell for shit!

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by sosman View Post
    Waving & Nodding(downwards) are Soooo.... last year!....Yo got to do the bro Eye-brows(with a quick nod upwards) now!...
    Sod it, I've tried, but I just can't get it right. I've watched the training video (Once Were Warriors) over and over, but still can't do the upwards nod.

I think I'm too white...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by sosman View Post
    Waving & Nodding(downwards) are Soooo.... last year!....Yo got to do the bro Eye-brows(with a quick nod upwards) now!

No more trackdays/racing there Sinfull?
    Call me beth bro i'll be back !!
    It's like a binge thing with these harleys i recon, they go hand in hand, like the more i ride it, the more rides i hear about and .... ok so i'm a pot bellied bastard who can't do 4 laps of a racetrack without retiring with an excuse ! Till now (14 mck's later i'm all brave and shit) and when i can see my ball sacks without draggin my gut aside i might fit my race leathers again !

Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    Sod it, I've tried, but I just can't get it right. I've watched the training video (Once Were Warriors) over and over, but still can't do the upwards nod.

I think I'm too white...
    Thats ya problem ya whitey, ya need to relax (just as the bike aproaches) and the recline position does the rest ! (the wind whips ya head back and yr brows rise unexplicably as yr arms near tear off the bars)

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth51 View Post
    Any more bikes and you'll be putting your bed outside
    Your almost right lol a single bed might make space for another haha thats it, she's got to go !

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Mint Bill and I know that bike! In fact it was the first Harley I ever rode. Small world huh!
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Black Ninja
    what a lovely bed time story...thanks for sharing.

Thread Information