Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing ACC protest actions - discussion thread

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Conquiztador is right that this has become political and many if not most bikers might prefer that it is an apololitical campaign. For me there is no way that were I actively involved that I would want unionist agitators and left wing activists as bedffellows
    Well Tuesdays Ralley Proved to me that the Unions have lost the Teeth they had in the 1970s and 1980s, in fact I now think that the Unions need their Politics Pureed for them.
    It is hard to keep the politics out of this type of thing, I personaly think that Apathy is our Enemy in this battle, rather than left wing or right wing politics, there are People in this who will be using it to further their own agends, I prefeer it when they stand up and say " I am in this Because...", than Hiding behind us then trying to take advantage, of us at the last Minute, Like a certain Ulysseys President tried to do.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Seriously good idea. If we could co-ordinate across the main centres, do, say, a 10km loop aroud each town starting at noon, could call it the "Biker Moons at Noon' run.

Nah, reckon that would be good, if we do it in July than we can prove that bikers will do ANYTHING to get the ACC message across, even a winter nuddy run...biker nuddy buddies..... Yes, up for this...
    Had you picked for a Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Bike
    FJR1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Seriously good idea. If we could co-ordinate across the main centres, do, say, a 10km loop aroud each town starting at noon, could call it the "Biker Moons at Noon' run.

Nah, reckon that would be good, if we do it in July than we can prove that bikers will do ANYTHING to get the ACC message across, even a winter nuddy run...biker nuddy buddies..... Yes, up for this...
    Undie 500 run lol
    If that wont get media attention what will.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    V-Stroms look like an accident in a heat pump factory.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    The recent changes made, or in the process of being made; sick leave/holiday, reduction of services, and I hear the claims will be transfered to sickness benefit after 2 years... will vastly change the true levy costs for bikers, cagers etc, will they not? I realise these changes have not been implementing, but plans to both reduce cost to make up the "shortfall", and increase levies to make up the "shortfall", wont that make it up and then some?

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    The recent changes made, or in the process of being made; sick leave/holiday, reduction of services, and I hear the claims will be transfered to sickness benefit after 2 years... will vastly change the true levy costs for bikers, cagers etc, will they not? I realise these changes have not been implementing, but plans to both reduce cost to make up the "shortfall", and increase levies to make up the "shortfall", wont that make it up and then some?
    Yes it will make up a nice proffit to hand over to an Aussie Insurace Company, who will then in time to ccome pay out some fat divdends to certain politicians and civil servants who did some favours for them back when.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    And that ladies and gentleman of the Jury is exactly where this all leads.Fucking backhanders from our Polies to an Ozzie firm for back handers to same pollies later on.Nothing in this for the NZ citizen trying to earn a decent wage and keep his family afloat in this sea of Greed and corruption.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    And that ladies and gentleman of the Jury is exactly where this all leads.Fucking backhanders from our Polies to an Ozzie firm for back handers to same pollies later on.Nothing in this for the NZ citizen trying to earn a decent wage and keep his family afloat in this sea of Greed and corruption.
    Coruption, no Sir, we at Barstard Corp Insuranc see it as rewards for sevices rendered.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Probably shouldn't have but i did, I sent a really shitty email to the contact for teh ACC Coalition. I told em we did it, what the hell was wrong with them.We had no money, no advertising and no nationwide network.Told em I was pissed with all unions from now on and that I sure as hell won't march with them again. Feels better that does.Can't believe those guys 80 odd of them and there they were solid as, representing, made what we did for them on Tuesday into a one ringed circus thats all it did.
    Ah well lesson learned, want it done? do it yourself!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Ride naked, ride painted, ride with pink helmets or any other BS to get attention will only get the focus away from the issue. The media will only report on the gimmic. Sure we would get noticed, but also look like dorks. And there aint many bikers who want to be on the front page in a pink leotard.

We need to show that we are angry, pissed off. All this "Mr Nice Guy" is so yesterday. 1000 pissed off bikers who stop the traffic will get more airtime than 9000 nicely behaved ones asking for a change.

Time to demand what is right. The gummint and ACC will not come to meet us at the Beehive steps anymore. They have already done that.

Again: Pick one message that all bikers will support, ride through towns and cities and stop traffic. Make sure all know that we are getting really pissed off.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Got to admit I'm sick of the Mr Nice Guy stuff too. I like the "what do we have to do to get you to notice" stuff, whether it's nude riding or just stopping the traffic.

I'd like to try 100 bikes in rush hour traffic, gradually slowing the traffic down to 20km/hr or less on the motorways. Not illegal, just damn irritating.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Ride naked, ride painted, ride with pink helmets or any other BS to get attention will only get the focus away from the issue. The media will only report on the gimmic. Sure we would get noticed, but also look like dorks. And there aint many bikers who want to be on the front page in a pink leotard.

We need to show that we are angry, pissed off. All this "Mr Nice Guy" is so yesterday. 1000 pissed off bikers who stop the traffic will get more airtime than 9000 nicely begaved ones asking for a change.

Time to demand what is right. The gummint and ACC will not come to meet us at the Beehive steps anymore. They have already done that.

Again: Pick one message that all bikers will support, ride through towns and cities and stop traffic. Make sure all know that we are getting really pissed off.
    Now thats given me an idea..

Who has some good painting skills?? Get some water based paint, And paint on our beautiful scary bodies about why we are protesting. Target with bike in it.. Or a saying.. Or something like that.. ideas??
    The only stupid question is a question not asked!

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Got to admit I'm sick of the Mr Nice Guy stuff too. I like the "what do we have to do to get you to notice" stuff, whether it's nude riding or just stopping the traffic.

I'd like to try 100 bikes in rush hour traffic, gradually slowing the traffic down to 20km/hr or less on the motorways. Not illegal, just damn irritating.
    Agreed, although I suspect it would still be illegal - we would be impeding the flow of traffic which is (or at least was) an offence punishable by a $150 fine or a tray of honey-glazed doughnuts. Although I can't see anyone being easily caught in such numbers. They would probably look to charge the organiser with inciting something naughty or public nuisance.

Mind you, if its done in actual rush hour, the speed at least in Auckland wouldn't be much more than 20kmh anyway! What about something through the CBD streets and give em all something to look at, banners and flags with lots of bikes?

Maybe get Mr Smith to pillion so we have at least one Boob on a bike.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    Had you picked for a Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    Woo hoo! I've been to a few performances of the Rocky Horror Show dressed as Magenta. If I can dig up my old cossie from wherever it might be I could be persuaded to wear that on my bike.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    lol...me and you Kitten! shame we live so far apart. I still have the 7 inch platform heels as well. scary as they bring my height up to about 6'4", add the whip and the top hat....yeah baby!

maybe thats what we could do? whip the ACC in effigy? bonfires on grounds of parly? hurl assorted polys onto fire at appropriate times? effigies I mean, not real ones.

heck if we do this in winter we will NEED a fire just to keep warm, near naked bikers need something to huddle around.
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post

I'm sure it would be a pain to organise and i'm sure it was suggested by someone in another thread, but would 100 bikers taking their cars into their CBD 1 day a month, in a staggered convoy, placards in the window "I coulda been on my bike today www.inserturlhere.co.nz" in almost static traffic, blasting out Fatt Max ACC songs a possibility? and would it make enough of a difference to keep the momentum up?
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Thread Information