Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing ACC protest actions - discussion thread

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    cant say that I have. Im not greedy, just let the first one rollon for a while. then have another go later. We should really take this discussion to another thread. Multiple orgasm-fact or fiction? Go on, get started, I'll meet you there
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    I take that U never had multiple ones then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratti View Post
    cant say that I have. Im not greedy, just let the first one rollon for a while. then have another go later. We should really take this discussion to another thread. Multiple orgasm-fact or fiction? Go on, get started, I'll meet you there
    he be finished before you get there

Bike
    MV Augusta 2014 ABS
    Have you read the news today, ACC has performed $222.million dollars better than budgeted for> Nick's Myth has just been shot to pieces, but he says they are not out of the woods yet and the proposed increases are still nessasary. Can we get 10,000 bikes to Parliment in the next week to capitalise on this ?

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Woo hoo! I've been to a few performances of the Rocky Horror Show dressed as Magenta. If I can dig up my old cossie from wherever it might be I could be persuaded to wear that on my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratti View Post
    lol...me and you Kitten! shame we live so far apart. I still have the 7 inch platform heels as well. scary as they bring my height up to about 6'4", add the whip and the top hat....yeah baby!

maybe thats what we could do? whip the ACC in effigy? bonfires on grounds of parly? hurl assorted polys onto fire at appropriate times? effigies I mean, not real ones.

heck if we do this in winter we will NEED a fire just to keep warm, near naked bikers need something to huddle around.
    Oh god:slap:

To quote Clancy Wiggum:"How many gazebos do you she-males need?!"

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    dont get your quote sweety, PB and I are both women..ALL women,no dangly bits!
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grantnz View Post
    Have you read the news today, ACC has performed $222.million dollars better than budgeted for> Nick's Myth has just been shot to pieces, but he says they are not out of the woods yet and the proposed increases are still nessasary. Can we get 10,000 bikes to Parliment in the next week to capitalise on this ?
    Faaarrk, where did you see this mate? Is there a link anywhere. If I am not mistaken, this is potentially huge ammunition......

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Faaarrk, where did you see this mate? Is there a link anywhere. If I am not mistaken, this is potentially huge ammunition......
    Here a link to the ACC surplus: http://msn.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...630194&ref=rss But the 222million is wrong. It is actually $664 million better than forecast: "Much of the difference is a $664 million better-than-forecast performance by ACC and a $122 million positive surprise from the NZ Superannuation Fund."

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    MV Augusta 2014 ABS
    ACC not out of the woods yet says SmithNZPA
    March 5, 2010, 6:08 pm
    Send

EmailIMShare

DeliciousTwitterMyspaceDiggStumble UponFacebookPrintADVERTISEMENT

Improved financial performance does not mean ACC has emerged from its financial troubles, ACC Minister Nick Smith said today.

Treasury reported today as part of the Crown accounts that ACC had returned to positive territory after losing money on its investment and blowing budgets due to higher claims and treatment costs.

Treasury said it had turned around a forecast loss of $87 million to a gain of $255 million in the first seven months of the financial year to December.

"This variance mainly reflects the impact of claims experience due to fewer claims than expected in receipt of weekly compensation," Treasury said.

"There were also decreases in rehabilitation and medical costs."

Recent poor return on investments also continued to turn around with Treasury saying returns were $222 million better than forecast.

Dr Smith said ACC had worked hard in getting cost increases under control to 2 percent in 2009, compared to 15 percent in the previous 15 years.

"It is very encouraging that the hard yards they are doing are starting to show results," Dr Smith said.

The Government recently passed legislation pruning some ACC treatments and coverage.

Asked if the latest information might show the changes were unnecessary, Dr Smith said they were still needed.

"Quite the opposite. The cost growth of 15 percent was unsustainable and got ACC into trouble. There is still a lot of work to be done to maintain cost increases at the rate of inflation."

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    When on a trip from my workplace to home this afternoon ( a 7 minute journey through sleepy suburbs ) I spotted 3 motorcyclists wearing shorts. It seems that the motorcycling community has a lot to do to clean up its act, that would generate savings and lessen the burden on taxpayers.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    When on a trip from my workplace to home this afternoon ( a 7 minute journey through sleepy suburbs ) I spotted 3 motorcyclists wearing shorts. It seems that the motorcycling community has a lot to do to clean up its act, that would generate savings and lessen the burden on taxpayers.
    Careful, Robert. You'll get into trouble for suggesting that it's not a free country...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Careful, Robert. You'll get into trouble for suggesting that it's not a free country...
    Well, some are lucky its not full blown user pays. When I see idiots riding around wearing little protective clothing Im thinking we are subsidiosing your recovery if you throw yourself down the road.........................tossers.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Well, some are lucky its not full blown user pays. When I see idiots riding around wearing little protective clothing Im thinking we are subsidiosing your recovery if you throw yourself down the road.........................tossers.
    Oh absolutely...the problem is that if one suggests, say, a sliding scale of cover dependent on gear worn, one gets reamed...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Oh absolutely...the problem is that if one suggests, say, a sliding scale of cover dependent on gear worn, one gets reamed...

.. that's 'cos of the 'sliding'

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Theres always ONE aye MSTRS?
    bloody rasim fasim baldy Birds.
    LOL too true mate, it is the "sliding" scale .
    I've lamented the lack of gear worn by many only to be told that they're big boys(and girls) an if they wanna play without protective gear they will.
    If there was one thing wrong with ACC as it stood, it's the complete absence of blame with regards to prevention of injury on the part of the victims and protagonists.
    In other words if you wore all the gear and got hurt, no worries.
    Didn't have protective trou lost a leg, OK, well um,l cover for all other injuries sustained but not for the leg.WHY, simple, encourage the rider to wear the right type of clothing.
    Yes, I know, with or without protective gear some are going to be so badly hurt that it won't matter.
    What matters , IS that they made an effort to prevent! In which case they are covered completely.
    Might be hard initially to ascertain if gear of any sort was used, but once a way is found to determine that, it should only be a matter of, yes protective gear was in use, claim OK'd, no it wasn't claim paid on injuries prevented by use of gear but not where it was not in use.
    This is a touchy subject, but what is upsetting me is the number of people who think it is a right to travel on our roads unprotected and be looked after, without lifting a finger to help themsleves first.
    It's not just us motorcyclists, take a look at the dumbarses riding pushbikes wearing LYCRA suits, um they stop what happening to the wearer?
    Car drivers, no seat belts!
    The list goes on.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    So you are saying Day Glows, armour, $2K leathers and $1K helmets. And if not, no ACC?

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Thread Information