Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tussock Buster 2010

Bike
    Husky TC449, DR650 Adv.
    Quote Originally Posted by random rider View Post
    Cool - I really want to do a longer loop. My cell is 021 858 268 so let me know where you guys are at and will see about meeting up! Cheers
    Hi, we a larger group going down and among us are our wives and girlfreinds who are also riders with limited experience. You are welcome to hook up with us and ride together.

Life is about having fun.

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    A word of caution guys & gals, it is a public forum I wouldn't be posting cell numbers or address' on the forum, use the private message system for that information......I suggest you edit or remove the posts with this info on it.

Bike
    Glorified Farm Hack- Dirrrty DR350 97
    I asked the dude from karcher, and we can probably confirm-

2 or 3 Petrol blasters for bike washing (stand back, and dont concentrate the blast anywhere, use sweeping motions, or you will lose those pretty graffix you just put on)

a Karcher Gazebo thingy

several Blackwoods and Karcher banners.

2 x 3kva generators (courtesy NZ Generator hire)

Socket sets and basic tool use

Giveaways include -

Karcher domestic water blaster (Karcher man trying to swing his boss tomorrow)
    JBS 3/8 drive socket set
    hats, calenders, tyre pressure gauges, kincrome pocket LED worklights, whatever we can dig out of head office, plus Wynns products

I am getting a heap of support for this, at company level, thing is, I may be manning it myself, solo, so theres a Pit tent going for any of you "Privateers" lol

I have to have proposals etc to the boss by Tuesday, and I have pretty much sorted most things, with aim to taking a trailer from Wellington 1st thing Friday Morning, so if anybody wants to jump in, will have room for a bike etc

Other wise, swing past, use some gear, free use of Brakel clean and lubricants etc and also High grade industrial sealants if any Bush mechanic work is needed

chur

sam

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    sounds awesome. just remember, CR250 #107, thats the guy to give all the give-aways to !!

Bike
    CONFIRMED

3 x karcher petrol blasters for use, any donations get a raffle ticket
    1 JBS socket set 3/8 dr
    6 kincrome magnetic pocket LED worklights
    Wynns triple packs of product for garages ($50 rrp)
    Llots of other smaller shit too

Unfortunately we couldnt get a Blaster for giveaway....

So the boss has had to find something else...Like a JBS 6 Drawer tool chest, ball bearing slides, gas opening lid etc, valued around $600

Not sure if the Air Compressors are going to make it (I have put a lot of pressure on for time, some simply cant do it)

But, Hitachi is lending us a trick 18v Cordless Impact ratchet, so that will be fun, 2 batteries can service a rally car for a meet!

Number #107, hmmmm we do need a bike or 2 to sit and look pretty

also, if anybody has an old stand or 2 that would be suitable for holding bikes, we need something for the water blasting area. PM me if poss

sam

Bike
    I might also be tempted to bring the $500 hack, and spend all my time working on it, for shits and giggles really

This is just me putting in some effort to get there for free, and work on my bike, then giveaway some tools etc, and maybe have a ride, while camping out, and hanging with Offroad nuts

Worked it pretty welll I thought, lol

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    just shuffled a few things around so i can make this. its looks pretty awesome to a noob like me. if you see a guy pushing an old WR250, throw me a rope would ya!
    if you guys get a little kiwibiker community going stick up a kiwibiker flag so we can find you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    To conclude, Tui Blond is a reasonable tasting beer that gives you the horn and makes you shit yourself into your better half's footwear.

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by SK1TZ View Post
    CONFIRMED

3 x karcher petrol blasters for use, any donations get a raffle ticket
    1 JBS socket set 3/8 dr
    6 kincrome magnetic pocket LED worklights
    Wynns triple packs of product for garages ($50 rrp)
    Llots of other smaller shit too

Unfortunately we couldnt get a Blaster for giveaway....

So the boss has had to find something else...Like a JBS 6 Drawer tool chest, ball bearing slides, gas opening lid etc, valued around $600

Not sure if the Air Compressors are going to make it (I have put a lot of pressure on for time, some simply cant do it)

But, Hitachi is lending us a trick 18v Cordless Impact ratchet, so that will be fun, 2 batteries can service a rally car for a meet!

Number #107, hmmmm we do need a bike or 2 to sit and look pretty

also, if anybody has an old stand or 2 that would be suitable for holding bikes, we need something for the water blasting area. PM me if poss

sam

i "may" be able to bring a trick looking 85 to display if that helps negotiate some prizes lol... but it depends if it will fit in the van with the other 2 big bikes and the seat

Bike
    I cannot be bought....

But yea sure, i can take a bribe, just like the next cop, I mean, Guy

lol

use of the gear can be bought with woody 8% 440ml cans too, while ya at it.

lol, jokes, its pretty much free reign really, the donation thing is just trying to get some cash for the Kindy or community centre, not sure how much we will actually generate. and it makes the prize draw a level playing field too, a 6 year old might walk away with a $200 socket set, or a chick could get the 6 drawer, and have her man do chores for eternity to put it in his shed, hah!

sam

Bike
    All signed off by teh boss, I ahve 5 days off now to move house, but everybody has given it the OK, and many think its a good idea so I am all amped, going to be a pretty full on next few weeks, moving house tomorrow, next week im in palmy for sales training (and we get flash new PC Tablets after) then a wedding that weekend, then Tussock Buster following weekend, and my sister comes up from CHCH with her kids the weekend of easter.No wonder I feel old

I may also have The Wynns man flying in on the saturday of TB to man the tent with me for the day, which means I may get some Loop time on the DR of D00m0r. Sweet

sam

Bike
    04 R1, RM250k6
    Good shit Sam
    Will be heading to this oh yeaaa

Bike
    this my last time on, we have moved house, see you all thurrr, you wont be able to miss the mobile workshop, bring ya bikes along and use some gear if ya need to, will have tape, zip ties, tools etc

Even got some peeps making us some trick stands for bikes, as I realised I dont have any, doh!

see ya theres!!

sambo

(Dirrty DR350 Project $500 at T/B) watch it transform, sorta.....

Bike
    well, it appears these new tablet PC things we just been issued can get KB...sweet as

lol, Im pissed, what you fellaz all up to?

Gotta love the work training trips, free meals, accom,, laptop, and time awy from wifey...sweet buzzzzz

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    I'm currently running my bike on premix of 40:1. Because of the altitude at Tussock should i change the mix to 32:1?
    Any help, suggestions much appreciated - just make it in basic terms so i can understand thanks

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Quote Originally Posted by L Rider View Post
    Because of the altitude at Tussock should i change the mix to 32:1?
    I don't change a thing on the bike, same fuel, same fuel /oil ratio, same tyre pressures.....just ride it.

Just as an aside, you would never change the fuel /oil ratio for a change in altitude, you still need the same amount of oil gong through the bike regardless. If there is a significant change in altitude you may need to change your carburetor jets but I have never noticed any difference in performance going from Auckland elevations to the central plateau.

The important things for the Tussock buster are a reliable engine and good tyres / tubes to avoid being stuck somewhere miles for home.

Thread Information