Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish I had found this forum sooner...

Bike
    2012 Victory Hammer & 1973 Triumph X75
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    A warning for those who come here for a short visit. You'll be planning your next, longer trip before you get back to Auckland!
    Did you have to change your headlight for NZ? The dip beam will be pointing the wrong side otherwise.
    Always remember, over here, the left side is the right side and the right side is the wrong side! Your life depends on it! Watch your reflexes in emergency situations as you'll instinctively go the wrong way.
    This will not be your last trip here. We already know it!
    USA Motorcycle headlights dip up & down vertically only so no issues there.
    It will be good if we can cross paths on the 7th.

Bike
    F800GS
    Ummm..... March 11 just stay in Westport and don't bother with the gorge, ride up towards Karamea instead, it'll be a long day anyway cause you'll be stoping often to enjoy the scenery.
    March 12 Do the gorge on your way to picton, it's the only way to get from Westport to Picton anyway and see if you can get a later ferry sailing even the next sailing would be better.

Bike
    2006 HD Sportster 883
    Well, I'm headed to the airport in about 45 minutes. If I can get access to the internet at some point, I will try and post my mobile number (just have the SIM card and minutes, haven't activated it yet) so anyone who might want to meet up can get a hold of me.

Thanks again everyone! See you in about 24 hours...

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    'bon voyage'

It was good to read your views and experiences from an outsiders perspective.

Bike
    2006 HD Sportster 883
    Everything is going well so far. I'm in Christchurch tonight, and heading to the March Hare rally tomorrow morning. Man, this is a beautiful country. If I would stop to take a picture of every great landscape I've seen, I would have filled my 2 gig memory card by now...

Bike
    '03 FXD
    If possible head inland asap to avoid the boring Canterbury Plains.
    You will love your trip.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    None at the moment
    Aaah bdbecker, next time ya come here ya wont need to stay in motels....Heck there are a lot of spare beds up and down the country. Had I read this thread earlier I would have offered you a bed just north of Paraparaumu....and there is a good indian curry house just round the corner....

Next time dude just post ya are lookin for a bed for a night....good chance to get to know what the real kiwis are like!

Oh and hope ya enjoy our hospitality here...

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Aaah bdbecker, next time ya come here ya wont need to stay in motels....Heck there are a lot of spare beds up and down the country. Had I read this thread earlier I would have offered you a bed just north of Paraparaumu....and there is a good indian curry house just round the corner....

Next time dude just post ya are lookin for a bed for a night....good chance to get to know what the real kiwis are like!

what??
    he's a foreigner... and rides a twin...!!!!

not too sure if thats a good mix... he could be one of the dodgy twin riders like sinny....

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post

what??
    he's a foreigner... and rides a twin...!!!!

not too sure if thats a good mix... he could be one of the dodgy twin riders like sinny....

what a ride so far!!!!

Thread Information