Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can I pay my registration early and AVOID the new fees?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Guys I register about 25 vehicles a month. The price I'm paying for 6 months or 12 months rego is still as at TODAY at the current rate. The price increase is as at 1.7.2010.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2010 Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Guys I register about 25 vehicles a month. The price I'm paying for 6 months or 12 months rego is still as at TODAY at the current rate. The price increase is as at 1.7.2010.

My rego is due at 17th July so i took in a MR27 changing it to today to get the old rate and no it cost me the new rate ....
    Just going my own way

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner View Post
    My rego is due at 17th July so i took in a MR27 changing it to today to get the old rate and no it cost me the new rate ....
    That's because:
    1. Your exipry is after the increase
    2. The increases have now been loaded and can be applied
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX10R 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NakiNinja View Post
    My registration was due to expire on 15th April 2010. Rather than pay the 12 months, today I used a MR27 form to extend my registration only 2 months, opting for the date 28th June 2010. $71 for 2 months.

When that comes up for renewal in June. I'll use the MR27 form again, and extend it for the maximum 15 months which will be Sept 2011. Maximum bang for buck!

The lady behind the counter in the post office / kiwi bank was very helpful, she sort of wanted to help me screw their own system.

Thanks for the info guys. This thread has saved me hundreds of $.
    Refer to my last report above where a few months ago I changed my ZX10R expiration date to June 29th. Today I filled in my MR27 form for 15 months up till 29th September 2011 - and paid $451.10.

I discussed my situation together with two of their staff at my local post office / kiwi bank - they were very supportive and willing to find me the best value for money. They also wanted to tackle it together as they have been processing quite a few bikers filling in their MR27 forms lately, but don't often understand exactly what dollar figure is processed when they punch it into the computer.

My original renewal letter that I received in the mail had options was $321.24 for 12 months. I had the option of paying that, or trying to gain 15 months at the cheaper rate. I'd estimated approx $400 for 15 months at the old price.

I was querying them on the increased price to $451 using the 15 month MR27 form - we all concluded that it may have been processed like this.

$321.24 for 12 months at old price, + $130 for extended 3 months at new price.

Also it may have been possible that as I paid today (30th and it was due on the 29th) that may have used the increased MR27 form prices that have had a raised price pre July 1st. I wasn't going to complain about the $50 difference, I felt I'd already made my saving and they were very supportive, so I paid the increased 3 months difference anyway.

Thread Information