Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick my new bike for me (because I can't figure it out)

Bike
    2013 KTM200 & Kawasaki Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedPunch View Post
    Haha, love that pic, I know that pose well, it's like me on Krad's 200 ! I had a sit on Midget's lowered 200 at tussock buster and it felt great, so I'm sold on the idea of a big bike now
    Next time we catch up have a ride, you're more than welcome. I'm still loving the KDX200! I had the seat shaved again, this time on the sides! I can kickstart the bike now, yeha! I'm having the kickstart shortened this week and it'll be near perfect! Took me up all the hills at Tussock, and Riverhead on Sunday! Yeah it's 106 kilos wet, but I try not to fall off as much and it's fine! PM me when you're going out again. A shortish girl took it for a ride at Tussock, she had an 85, and she loved it, especially the height!

Bike
    SXF250
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedPunch View Post
    Haha, love that pic, I know that pose well, it's like me on Krad's 200 ! I had a sit on Midget's lowered 200 at tussock buster and it felt great, so I'm sold on the idea of a big bike now
    Just a thought but what about a 144 ( YZ/KTM ), then you'd get a little bit more low end grunt, which would be handy for those hill climbs .

Bike
    RMX250 rebuiding...
    You really cant go past the KDX for a super reliable cheap to maintain trailbike.

Bike
    06 RM125
    Hey SpikedPunch - I'm a bit of shorty (165cm/5'5) and I ride a 06 RM125 - admittedly i can't touch the ground easily but i don't find it a problem, you just learn to look out for a good spot to stop and lean the bike over a little..... the only mod i had done was the springs, greg at proride changed them from the standard to suit my weight (just under 60kgs) and i was away! Like someone above said, RM125's are made to ride hard and i definitely don't do it justice (yet), but i've seen solid guys riding them and kicking arse! so i don't think there is an issue with performance. As far as reliability goes, i haven't had any issues, just done all the general maintenance, although it's my first 'real' bike so don't have anything to compare........ all in all I would definitely recommend one! If you wanna have a ride let me know, i'm at the Sandpit regularly, the epic events rides etc..... hope your current bike sells quick for you!

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    My sons 03 Ktm200 cost us under 4k and the bike would be perfect engine wise due to its adjustability in the power valve so you could make it deliver the power how you want. But those years are very tall in the seat and are wilder in grunt than say my 08 Ktm200. An 08 Ktm200 would be best but out of your budget. I really like the 200 but best to talk to Danger about how much you could Actually lower one??

The Kdx would be better for you as it has a linkage, the easyness of just putting longer links in the KDX (and shaving the seat if you have to) might make it a better choice.
    Power delivery is soft and good as well, and if you want more, a pipe etc makes a big difference I understand??

I personally think your much better off Not buying a 125 2smoker for what you want. My 6ft son hated his CR125, having to clutch it constantly in the forest and charge at the hills within the correct rev range. His 200 brings him much more enjoyment. The Crf150r 4 stroke is an option for seat height but I hear they are Feisty to ride and are a race bike so Maintenance is often and ongoing as I understand it.

The 144 and the 150Xc all have seat heights of 920mm odd? all these riders need a seat height of about 820-850mm or so Bloody siily!! The new 125exc has a seat height of 985mm? If Ktm made a 150 XC or 125exc small wheel/ low seat or someone else did it would be perfect and have a huge market following.

There seems to be only a few options here, RM100, Enduroise a KX85/CR85 with a pipe and fly wheel weight or a lowered Kdx200.
    (I always wondered about puting a 230 onto a CR85 or 150R Chassis).
    Ask Midget she's bought and sold the last two options and seems to ride pretty well.

Jeepers how many times has this come up!!!
    When is some manufacturer going to make a proper braked and suspended enduro bike with a low seat height for all the short asses, riders coming through, Kids coming up, and ladies that can't lift a feakin heavy bike, thats not a glorified farm bike like the 150, 230F or KLX140?? Bloody great hole in the market here I reckon. Good luck!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Honda Fireblade
    Here is something alittle different. Saw it trademe the other week. Seat hieght of 800mmm. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-277888399.htm

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Not sure the Kdx would be better for you as it has a linkage, the easyness of just putting longer links in the KDX (and shaving the seat if you have to) might make it a better choice.
    Power delivery is soft and good as well, and if you want more, a pipe etc makes a big difference I understand??
    Yup, lack of linkages is a concern for me - I do wonder how I'd go about lowering it in addition to the obvious at-home stuff (seat cut etc) without spending a bomb. KDX is an option, I'm not totally sold on it, but yeah, definitely an option. I have a nice 07 one complete with shiny pipe sitting in my house right now, in fact I kind of prefer how my mx bike handles (maybe just cause it's what I'm used to, and it's more suited to my size), but then if it's lowered the lower center of gravity might change that? The KDX is roughly a million times easier to ride in sand than the 100. I'd like to try a 125 in sand too and see how it goes. I feel like I'm cruising on the loose stuff on the kdx, compared to the 100 where it's always a battle. Where I like the 100 best is in the trees. It's also fun on the mx track. I don't ride much mx though, plus I'm a total goober at it, so it's not really worth having a dedicated bike for that purpose. Something I could still have a little noodle over some jumps with would be good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I personally think your much better off Not buying a 125 2smoker for what you want. My 6ft son hated his CR125, having to clutch it constantly in the forest and charge at the hills within the correct rev range. His 200 brings him much more enjoyment. The Crf150r 4 stroke is an option for seat height but I hear they are Feisty to ride and are a race bike so Maintenance is often and ongoing as I understand it.

There seems to be only a few options here, RM100, Enduroise a KX85/CR85 with a pipe and fly wheel weight or a lowered Kdx200.
    (I always wondered about puting a 230 onto a CR85 or 150R Chassis).
    Ask Midget she's bought and sold the last two options and seems to ride pretty well.
    I have an RM100 now. I like it, but I want a bike with big wheels and a bit more low end grunt. I don't mind if it's a kinda 'peppy', since the 100 tends that way, and I'm used to clutching the bejeezus out of it...Would just like to have to do that a little bit less. Maybe make it up the big dipper some time

Bike
    Very interesting Tnarg Very Good find!! their blurb off the net.

Scorpa T-Ride (USA company)
    Scorpa's newest creation! The T-Ride is a half trials bike half enduro bike built for extreme trail riding. This bike is very light weight and uses the Yamaha 4 stroke motor. Available with a Yamaha TTR 125cc air cooled motor or the 250cc Yamaha WR motor. Both have electric starters.

We might have the bike they are looking for??
    No usd forks but the tubes look big enough to house decent suspension, electric start, the four stroke wr motor will deliver power nicely, the 125 would be good for learners etc, good seat height, half trials based will be excellent for those gnarly hill climbs and riding skills, 105 kg. Not sure? found this review but haven't got time to read it at the moment http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dir...ike/index.html Vid here http://www.scorpausa.com/scorpatv.cf...rpa_T-Ride.flv MMmmmmmmm?? Might be really good for woodhill and Wires but not so good for ripping across farmland at 100+K?? Juries out.

Jinxycat already told you about them here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...r-short-people !! Who sells them in Auckland?? The big question HOW MUCH$$$$$
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250t-ride..jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	203958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tride125..jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	203959  
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    '07 KTM exc200
    Seems like a lowered KDX could suit you well.

- Great bang for buck
    - linkage easier to lower, & lower seat height than EXC
    - Plus more room to cut foam out of seat unlike already thin/hard KTM
    - 200 a great small engine and a lot easier to trail ride than 125mxer
    - Should def think about trying noobis 125 gasser too. Super light & suspension might be near perfect for you.

Bike
    2002 YZ426F and 1982 xr 100
    what about a crf 230 you could always strip it down to lose any extra weight and do motor mods for more power shave the seat and a lowering link
    only prob i see with a kdx is the older style forks that get stuck in deep ruts..but nothing a good set of usd mx forks wont fix
    if you think life is 2 short , get a taller one
    Fatboy Racing
    yamahawk racing enterprizes
    IM DAM SEXY racing

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by laserracer View Post
    what about a crf 230 you could always strip it down to lose any extra weight and do motor mods for more power shave the seat and a lowering link
    I have a CRF150f for my daughter and personally I think it would be a backward step for what she is trying to achieve to go from the RM100 suspension and brakes to the CRF230 IMHO.

Bike
    09 KTM 250 Exc
    Gasgas 125 ec FULL STOP
    Why would you even consider a bigger mx bike than your last one ?

Bike
    KTM 250 EXC
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-282505085.htm
    How bout this puppy? 250cc I know, but not full power id say.
    HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG PIPE
    Sometimes I ride Slow, sometimes I Ride Quick, But When its Time To Get Busy Out The Hat Comes The Trick.

Bike
    KTM 250 EXC
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-282286288.htm
    Light weight, check. Low seat hieght, check, big wheels, check. easy to ride, check. Hmmmm
    HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG PIPE
    Sometimes I ride Slow, sometimes I Ride Quick, But When its Time To Get Busy Out The Hat Comes The Trick.

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    someone buy one of those gasgas's

i really want to know what theyre like

Thread Information