Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diesel oil engine flush?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    I've also had a diesel engine running a 50/50 mixture of 10W40 and ATF. Again, it didn't bother it in the slightest. Well, it did give me a bad fright when the ATF leak kept filling the crankcase more and more until the diesel "took off". It took a firm stomp on the brakes to calm it down, and a very quiet drive home trying to keep the revs down, lol. After I fixed the ATF leak (vacuum pump), I drained the engine oil and refilled with clean oil and boy did it run really clean after that! My guess is it gave the ring grooves a really good flush out, coz it started and idled from cold much better than it had in ages!

I'd have no hesitation in dropping half or more of the engine oil and carefully filling with diesel fuel, only to the full mark. Ride it, but only very quietly for 5 mins at a time followed by a 5 min break. Take great care not to overfill it, and don't rev it hard or labour it.

Flushing it with engine oil I think is pointless.

Steve
    don't forget the microphone..........
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    and most diesel oils have a petrol API rating as well.

Sooooooooo, what does that supposed to mean?

All good oils have a API rating (American Petroleum institute)

S = Petrol followed by another letter noting the current standard i.e. a M

C= Commercial grade with another following i.e a J

Some oils have both a S and a C rating.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    I have often run detergent oil intended for turbo diesel engines in motorcycle engines. It does have a cleaning effect on the internals of the engine.
    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've just high-sided!
    مافي مشكلة

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terbang View Post
    I have often run detergent oil intended for turbo diesel engines in motorcycle engines. It does have a cleaning effect on the internals of the engine.
    All motor oils since the 1960's have detergents of one type or another. Light diesel oils have a good strong detergent package. Yes they will clean your motor, but so will any modern motor oil.

I only just remember the days in the early 60s when dad used to take the tappet cover of our Morrie 8 and clean off all the grime from the inside. You dont see this now days, the oils dont let this sludge form.

From memory the only supplier of a non detergent oil is Penrite and they make these oils espcially for vintage vehicles with leather of felt oil seals. The API rating SC was the first of the detergent oils (Cutting technology in the 60's). From SC to SG the oils all contain detergents and from SH to what ever the oils are up to now they went to low metal detergents because the metals were poluting the latest euro spec cats.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    seems to work well enough when it's absolutely necessary

Bike
    SWM RS 650R

I'd have no hesitation in dropping half or more of the engine oil and carefully filling with diesel fuel, only to the full mark. Ride it, but only very quietly for 5 mins at a time followed by a 5 min break. Take great care not to overfill it, and don't rev it hard or labour it.

Flushing it with engine oil I think is pointless.

Steve
    Go on then..............
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Go on then..............
    If you read back, you will see that I have done it a number of times.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    If you read back, you will see that I have done it a number of times.

Steve
    can you please post the make and model and rego number of your bike, so I don't ever purchase it.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Bike magazine ran an kawasaki 600,on the rev limiter,with no oil or coolant in it to see how long it would last.
    It ran till the carbon can caught fire and they had to stop it.It didn't actually seize.
    I think putting anything in the engine is not going to kill the engine instantly.
    Why don't you use Caltex Delo 400 multigrade as your regular oil? lots of people do this.

Bike
    Thinking
    OMG.........Why do people think they know it all to the point of discarding manufacturer recommendations and Oil companies advise.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    can you please post the make and model and rego number of your bike, so I don't ever purchase it.
    If you read back like I suggested, you would see that I had never done it on a road bike. I don't think you are interested in what was said at all - I think you are only interested in an opportunity to be a derogatory dickhead. You would be far better served to take note from people who had done things rather to show off your foolish mouth.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."

Bike
    Thinking
    I think you are only interested in an opportunity to be a derogatory dickhead. You would be far better served to take note from people who had done things rather to show off your foolish mouth.

Steve
    Now thats some funny shit coming from you

Bike
    You would be far better served to take note from people who had done things rather to show off your foolish mouth.

Steve
    as per QE's post, you would be far better served to take note from people who manufactured the equipment and developed the lubricants
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    As usual, KB idiots ignore any actual posted experiences by others, focus on adding weight to their own opinion in the quest of purporting it as fact, and take any opportunity to take rational discussion and turn it into derogatory remarks. It's your character on display, or rather lack of it. Get a clue.

Steve

Bike
    I'd have no hesitation in dropping half or more of the engine oil and carefully filling with diesel fuel,
    well, good luck with those warranty claims.....

Thread Information