Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC full of crap: caught with pants around the ankles!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by JMemonic View Post
    What the ACC guy said was that the good Prof's figures were wrong and the majority of crashes were single vehicle only he then said their figures indicated that 25% of all motorcycle accidents were single vehicle accidents.

Now I could be wrong but when I went to school 25% is not a majority or perhaps that was why I failed school c.
    No he didn't. All he said was that motorcyclists were often at fault - then went on to add that 25% were single vehicle accidents.

I'm not surprised you failed School C.

Bike
    kawasaki Ninja 650R
    i say we do what the trucks did a couple of years ago and do a slow moving protest on the main hiways and motorways in peak hour traffic. That will get the fuckers to listen to us.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by JMemonic View Post
    my last collision there was nothing I could have done to avoid the incident and the driver of the car that hit me admitted as much.
    same here, but likely I would have had some more in between if I didn't ride so carefully
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    With Katman on the other issue. If 40% of crashes are caused by the other vehicle then, if my maths is right, the majority aren't. Don't know how you can then swap that around and state that the minority is the bigger problem.
    because that 60% could be made up of 6 other reasons at 10% each, making the 40% the majority?
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    So how do you propose we get those that can do something about those things to listen to us?

'Cos all I can hear from the powers that be is little more than contempt filled sniggering.

Perhaps an attitude shift among motorcyclists might go some way towards convincing them that we have real concerns that need addressing.
    lol, any initiative i would "promote" would take more money than would be available and therefore would not be considered as viable...

The shift in attitude you're talking about is across all walks of life... motorcyclists are no different in that respect, but that still doesn't mean that the larger percentage of incidents are caused by motorcyclists... I guess we have no real proof... Is there a percentage of fuckwiotedness that you'd be happy with?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Double post

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    because that 60% could be made up of 6 other reasons at 10% each, making the 40% the majority?
    Now my head hurts. Whichever way you look at it, the TV only showed a few edited clips. Hopefully a bit more info about the study will be put on the forum after the Chch presentation tomorrow.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Now my head hurts. Whichever way you look at it, the TV only showed a few edited clips. Hopefully a bit more info about the study will be put on the forum after the Chch presentation tomorrow.
    lmao, i just bluff my way though it and hopei make sense i didn't even see the item truth be told, but i am looking forward to reading more of the info and protecting the motorcyclist from the wrath of Katman lol...

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    As all good Kiwis know "She'll be Right" its the "no worries" approach to absolutely anything.
    Pity its turning out to be so expensive, not just in $ terms.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    lmao, i just bluff my way though it and hopei make sense ...
    Yeah, I have noticed that you have a tendency to do that lol.
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    Black Thunder
    Whatever.... None of this will have any effect whatsoever. ACC couldn't care less about justifying any of the increases. They are an insurance company now and it's all about the mighty dollar. All they are interested in is collecting more revenue, and they have a captured market, as none of us can pull out of their insurance scheme, unless we don't register our vehicles.

Also, most of us own cars, so saying 'put the ACC portion of car registration up so it doesn't affect us bikers' is a ridiculous argument. Either way, as Hitcher said, ACC will get it's increases.... The horse has bolted folks! Get used to it.....

All my opinion of course.....
    A dream without a plan is just a wish!

Make it happen....

....DREAM+PLAN+ACTION=GOAL/TARGET

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    As a smart guy I know at work has pointed out a few times, a person might have a couple (or more) bikes, maybe 2 (or more) cars and even be rquired to drive a registered vehicle for work purposes. In all of these situations the largest risk variable is the same - the driver/rider. One person can only have one mode of transport on the road (under it's own power for the pedants who suggest A-frames & trailers) at any given time. Whilst the remaining vehicles are parked up they are only at risk of being in an accident in bizarre circumstances.

Perhaps individuals should be levied rather than vehicles? Perhaps then the accident prone could also have higher levies like a true insurance scheme?
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    As a smart guy I know at work has pointed out a few times, a person might have a couple (or more) bikes, maybe 2 (or more) cars and even be rquired to drive a registered vehicle for work purposes. In all of these situations the largest risk variable is the same - the driver/rider. One person can only have one mode of transport on the road (under it's own power for the pedants who suggest A-frames & trailers) at any given time. Whilst the remaining vehicles are parked up they are only at risk of being in an accident in bizarre circumstances.

Perhaps individuals should be levied rather than vehicles? Perhaps then the accident prone could also have higher levies like a true insurance scheme?
    I've always believed that those that make it a habit of righting off their motorcycles (and injuring themselves in the process) should be the ones to be penalised.

At least that way they may acquire an incentive to improve their riding.

Bike
    one that goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I've always believed that those that make it a habit of righting off their motorcycles (and injuring themselves in the process) should be the ones to be penalised.

At least that way they may acquire an incentive to improve their riding.
    Maybe no ACC compensation for the first month...Bit of an incentive..

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by duckonin View Post
    Maybe no ACC compensation for the first month...Bit of an incentive..
    You are joking. Aren't you?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Thread Information