Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a good source for KTM parts

Bike
    KTM640R

Here's a good source for KTM parts

Hi.
    I've been hunting around for ktm parts after discovering that if not in stock they can take a while to get here from Austria and, because the $NZ seems to be in bed with the peso, expensive.
    Try these people.
    www.boltonmotorcycles.com : an Australian company thats web prices include postage to NZ - takes about 4 days. Not especially cheap but if you want a part that your local shop can't get you in a hurry it might be a way out. It's not immediately obvious how to buy something on their website .. but click on 'parts' and evetually you'll get to a place when you can registerr with them.

Also very good are www.partspitstop.com. Their prices are generally cheaper than NZ and Australia
    and their postage rates are less expensive than some other American on-line stores, making them a good place to go if you want parts. Postage is about 10 days to get here. Their web site doesn't offer New Zealand as an when it comes to telling them who you are but if you email them attention Heather they'll send you the stuff and arrange for you to pay using a credit card or paypal. The website has a parts catalogue which lets you know the price and emailing them will get you a quote for postage , which is by usps, so that you know what you're up for.

also of interest is www.riders discount.com which has flat rate $US25 for anysize order to nz. Again it's about 10 days. They sell gear rather than parts.

If you've got other sources which have proven worthwhile I'd be pleased to hear about them
    Cheers

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by xj87 View Post
    If you've got other sources which have proven worthwhile I'd be pleased to hear about them
    Cheers
    you could always invite other KTM owners to an over nighter

or you could always trade in on a Gs

ps... welcome to KB
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Thanks for this. partspitstop looks good with lots more than KTM parts. Complete set of brake master and slave cylinders seals for my XRR is less than just the front master seals in NZ.
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Thought I should update this thread with some recent info. I have sourced a few parts ex USA for my current rebuild. The continuing strength of the NZ dollar, low prices in the USA, & a greedy NZ/Oz importer who keeps raising parts prices, has meant that for many more expensive genuine KTM parts you are silly to buy in NZ. It is often quicker too as the US stock many more parts than NZ.

KTM has tried to prevent it's dealers from shipping internationally, but you simply engage a shipping forwarder with a USA address to get around this. I have used Munn Racing, via Comgateway.com for a couple of shipments recently & found them to both be really good. It's worth shopping around the various parts websites though.

Eg I needed a new head for the 640, $1500 in NZ. With about $20 of other small parts the order ex Munns came to US$615. Plus US shipping this came out to NZ$870 on the Visa bill. The Comgateway freight charge was NZ$85. I didn't get charged GST on this one, so the total bill to my door was $955. $545+ cheaper than the local dealer.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    . .
    What was wrong with your head clint?. (the one on the 640 I mean)

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    I um, er, kinda, sorta put a crack in it while taking out the valve guides

An expensive lesson learned - proper tools & heat required for that job.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    I read your thread on ADV, nice write up. I bet you said a few choice words after that episode mate.

Bike
    . .
    Quote Originally Posted by clint640 View Post
    I um, er, kinda, sorta put a crack in it while taking out the valve guides

An expensive lesson learned - proper tools & heat required for that job.

Cheers
    Clint
    Hammer too big eh?

Bike
    2007 KTM 990 Adventure
    I have used Munn racing and also KTM Twins

http://www.ktmtwins.com/index.html

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Try these guys out, they speak English well, repsond to e-mails fast and take off 19% as well VAT. Shipping is very reasonable, fast and split it with a mate it is even cheaper.....

http://www.ktm-versand.de/

Authorized KTM Parts Dealer. We supply and ship worldwide original KTM parts, KTM calendar 2011, KTM accessories, KTM clothes and KTM Gifts and more for KTM Motorcycles, KTM Fans and Friens. Find everything for your KTM Motorcycles in our online shop!

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by NZKTM View Post
    Try these guys out, they speak English well, repsond to e-mails fast and take off 19% as well VAT. Shipping is very reasonable, fast and split it with a mate it is even cheaper.....

http://www.ktm-versand.de/

We'll see how good they are shortly, just placed an order with them tonight for some bits and bobs my 950 needs for me to advertise it for sale.
    KTM NZ are useless and won't supply for at least a month whereas all the parts I searched for at ktm-versand quoted a 3-6 days despatch time, hopefully they will actually deliver and my order won't get overridden by KTM.

I think their standard prices were a little higher than KTM-twins for example but as Mark says 19% came off for their local tax. All up my order was 107 Euro, 64 odd for the order and 43 for shipping a .75kg parcel from Germany to NZ.

(Usual RANT)
    For me though it's not about the price, it's about the willingness to actually provide a decent level of service, and KTM NZ has repeatedly shown it's not that willing to.
    (/Usual RANT).
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    We'll see how good they are shortly, just placed an order with them tonight for some bits and bobs my 950 needs for me to advertise it for sale.
    I received notification this morning that my order has been despatched from KTM-VERSAND.DE and a DHL track and trace ID was provided.
    Thats on schedule so far as each of the parts I ordered stated 3-6 days despatch time.
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    I received notification this morning that my order has been despatched from KTM-VERSAND.DE and a DHL track and trace ID was provided.
    Thats on schedule so far as each of the parts I ordered stated 3-6 days despatch time.
    You will find that DHL Germany do the tracking and once it leaves the country and gets down this way it sort of stalls. Stays put on the tracking for a few days and then voila, it is at your doorstep. Once it goes to a third party, NZ Post, it cannot be tracked, well, that's what happened to me and DHL, anyhoo... Least it is on the way mate....good ole Krauts! Puts NZ and Aus KTM to shame don't it!

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Thanks for the various links folks - have bitten the bullet and ordered a 18 lt tank from Munn $339US vs $1235 locally plus a few other bits I need/want a heap cheaper than local. Now got to save some more pocket money for a seat

I've used www.TwistedThrottle.com for some stuff previously and they have been a breeze to deal with. Cheers.
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    My parts left Germany on the 13th.

Thread Information