Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tickets for 4km/h over the speed limit this Queens Birthday weekend

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    AFAIK not for WOFs; it's not in the vehicle inspection manual at least! Wouldn't be surprised for diesels though, as that's a tax issue.
    No checks on speedo's for diesels either, I put a gps in my car a while back and the speedo reads 6k low at 100, so hopefully the odo is better or I'm paying 6% more for RUC than I should be.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    Aren't you your boss Katman? So aren't you dumbass enough to realise that tyre shops often put the wrong size tyres on vehicles without the owner knowing?
    Shhhh, katman's having some fun......
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomobedlam View Post
    This should be interesting.

"Police will be out in force over the holiday period and will prosecute every driver caught more than 4km/h over the speed limit to help deter unsafe driving which puts lives at risk."

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/24091.html
    The answer to this is to make sure your wheelies stay at or below the speed limit, and to make sure that you pass that pesky truck thats doing 78 everywhere but the passing lanes, on a 35km./h blind corner so as to not exceed the limit by more than 4km/h

waa waa blah blah just take your plate/mirrors off and learn how to twist the wrist right back...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    Aren't you your boss Katman? So aren't you dumbass enough to realise that tyre shops often put the wrong size tyres on vehicles without the owner knowing?
    So what percentage of speeding infringement notices issued would be caused by this ... "issue" ??????
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    This could actually make things safer (in terms of tickets, not crashes). That tolerence is so fine that cops will pretty much have to radar every car that comes along. Instead of using instant on only on the ones that are clipping along. So Hector the Protector should be able to pick the cops up way early.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    No checks on speedo's for diesels either, I put a gps in my car a while back and the speedo reads 6k low at 100, so hopefully the odo is better or I'm paying 6% more for RUC than I should be.
    Your GPS should be able to tell you that too ...

Bike
    zx6ixxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This could actually make things safer (in terms of tickets, not crashes). That tolerence is so fine that cops will pretty much have to radar every car that comes along. Instead of using instant on only on the ones that are clipping along. So Hector the Protector should be able to pick the cops up way early.
    Probably the first sensible post in this thread. Hell I might even go for a ride this weekend just to test that theory.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Do'nt suppose you have or know of any figures of how many vehicles crashed whilst going between 104-110km/h last easter?

Just wondering as they're using last easter as the reason, but i'm curious as to how many of the crashes were actually related to that speed. (not speeding in general/too fast for conditions, just those particular speeds).

Man i'm happy i'm working this weekend! (what's the bet I forget whilst riding home in the morning and get a ticket anyway!).
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    It is the vehicles that are travelling faster than the general flow of traffic that attract the attention of "The Enforcer's" ... if it is only one vehicle that is "the flow" (and you're it) make sure your speedo is accurate . Well as least know how far out it is ...

Bike
    2009 Triumph Street Triple 675

Angry Pigs at it again

Just learned the twats are going to reduce the 'tolerance' for speeding from 10km/h to 4km/h. Do the stupid fuckers never learn? Funnily enough, the road toll fell incessantly for decades until they reduced the 'tolerance' from a half-way reasonable 16km/h to 10. Then it stalled. It stopped going down and even went up slightly. They really are stupid, vindictive, narrow-minded cunts. I used to respect the police, i really did. But look at them: Bullying young girls into gang rapes, covering the truth, sending a taxi for Irene Asher, fit-ups that they'll never let go, refusing breath tests, shooting innocent people, piss-poorly trained and controlled police dogs attacking innocent bystanders and toddlers, beating up people on the street, beating up people in the cells, killing bikers with mental U-turns, loads of people chased to their deaths but they 'called off the chase seconds earlier, and not bothering to investigate child abuse cases so they could put more pigs out on traffic.

4 fucking kays. They'll nick thousands more and the road toll will go UP as drivers swicth off their attention even more. Just like the last reduction - a total failure. Was it Benjamin Franklin who said "The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results'?

We should do something about this.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    Do'nt suppose you have or know of any figures of how many vehicles crashed whilst going between 104-110km/h last easter?
    The 4 km/hr "limit" applies to ALL speed zones, not just the open road speed zone ...

Bike
    '03 FXD
    And your suggestion on what to do is?
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The 4 km/hr "limit" applies to ALL speed zones, not just the open road speed zone ...
    Yeah I know. I thought most of the crashes were on open roads.

Shit I know i'm going to get pinged. It is habit for me.

I think it's really shit of them to bring this out with short warning. It takes a long time to break habits, and they were even more tolerant of dickheads using their phones.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Just ride everywhere at 80 this weekend -I remember when the speed limit was 80kmph! .
    To late Allan, everyone already is???

Last few trips away with my dirt bikes on the ute I have noticed a huge amount of people traveling at 80k, seemly incapable, unskilled or scared to even attempt to keep to the legal speed limit even on the straights? And no body seems to have enough confidence to have a run up and pass either. All the 80k people seem to travel much closer together as well. Its all is starting to seem like a viscous circle is forming, possibly fueled by the constant barrage of propaganda.
    Look don't get me wrong I'm not up their arses pushing them impatiently as the ute with 2 bikes and gear on is a bit sluggish and I'm happy to sit back listen to some good heavy rock and rest my brain up for the oncoming ride, rather than arriving all stressed out.
    But I was actually wondering has the speeding message been banged home so hard people are now to blimming scared to travel at the speed limit anymore.
    And is this now contributing to more accidents by making frustrated 100k people pass more often. I know, before you all get stuck into me "the onus is on the passing driver etc" but if you do something risky more often, the odds must increase you or someone else will make a misjudgment.
    I can only think with the above 4k max in mind Mrs/Mr Jo-Bloggs trundling off on their once a year trip is going to keep her speed even more under the present limit to ensure she doesn't exceed the lower tolerance. Compounding things rather than traffic flowing at a good rate.
    No matter what size tyres you have or what your speedo reads I wonder if the whole make people scared to be on the road thing is going to far??
    Just a few thoughts but I hope you get my drift.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Go on, let us know what you want us to do.

Like, instead of just sitting and grizzling about what we are doing, actually have a sensible idea and maybe we'll try it.

So there.

Thread Information