Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010

Bike
    CBR1000RR ON HOLD no money for you ACC!
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    "sinister looking bikers (pref in black leather)"
    "Only the hard men will turn out for that"
    "If you aren't comfortable with that sort of scene."

We're not going up K Rd are we? It's not THAT type of protest is it?
    You mean this sort of thing, lol... i think this is more navy or police speciality...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	verylol.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	210831  

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Once again, BRONZ (read Les Mason) fails to see the wood for the trees.
    Sometimes I'm in total agreement with you Katman. We needed continuous action. We needed to be unified. We needed more protest rides and gatherings. We needed more media coverage. At this late stage, I was hoping every bike would have a Fuck ACC / Nick Smith sticker or simliar. A campaign of civil disobedience where we simply refused to pay the rego fees would have hit them harder and generated far more media and public backing. They simply don't have the resources to chase us all for the money. This is merely a motorcycling poll tax.

We could salvage this.....but I suspect we'll all head down the pub and resign ourselves to registering our bikes for 6 months of the year or riding illegally. My thoughts on BRONZ were well known and I secretly hoped I'd be wrong. The usual Kiwi apathy combined with BRONZ's lack of organisation has meant we've spectacularly lost the ACC fight.

Meeting at Auckland Viaduct.....Nick Smith will probably snigger and just tell us losers to fuck off.
    I'll see ya's all there

Epic Fail

Bike
    Repsol CBR250RR Trackbike
    Blog Entries
    Metservice says the weather next weekend is going to be nice and sunny (I'm hoping so!!!) so if I can get off work I will be there. I'm not afraid to protest in the least.

What happened to the 'biker spirit that got so pissed off at the ACC shafting us...?
    1990 CBR250RR - fully rebuilt and awesome!
    1999 CBR900RR - a work in progress...

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by miloking View Post
    If hypotheticaly one was to turn up ..what are the chances on being arrested that day? (its just that I gotta be somewhere else later on that night...)

50/50 is good enough for me though
    Zero, I would hope. We don't need martyrs. Of course, if you insist on doing stupid shit ....

Disrespectful. Spectacular. Not illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    "sinister looking bikers (pref in black leather)"
    "Only the hard men will turn out for that"
    "If you aren't comfortable with that sort of scene."

We're not going up K Rd are we? It's not THAT type of protest is it?
    Yes! We welcome all sorts. You can bring those new arseless chaps of yours.
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Sometimes I'm in total agreement with you Katman.

Blah , blah, whinge , whinge.

Epic Fail

So, dude, what are you organising ? Y'know, it's a free country, if you don't like the program , you can start your own. It's quite easy actually, y' just gotta get off y'arse and , like, do it.

BRONZ only managed to roll 7000 bikes into Wellington, but with your consummate organising ability, you'll easily roll 20000.

When do we leave? Keep us posted on progress, won't you.

Bike
    Now, with all the handbag fighting that's going on, I've gone and forgotten an important point.

As well as disrespecting Mr Smith (we only does it cos we luvs y' Nick, you believe that don't you ?); and maybe providing some tree trembly spectacle for the press chicks ("Biker Bill's the name, sinister's the game"), we also have a serious question for Mr Smith.

That is , what's happening with the money being collected (forcibly) for his "Motorcycle Safety Fund". As you are aware (or not - nice rock) , as well as your actual ACC Levy, you're paying an EXTRA $30, for the aforesaid "Motorcycle Safety Fund". Administered by Mr Smith and the ACC.

That should amount to around $3 million a year. Every year. That's quite a bit of coin. They've started collecting it, but so far no-one (including Mr Smith) has been forthcoming on what precisely is happening with he money. And the Act doesn't specify.

Biker Bill, cynical coount that he is (and sinister - don't forget the sinister), reckons it's going to either be a slush fund, to fund overseas junkets, or disappear into vague unspecified stuff that doesn't benefit bikers at all.

BRONZ reckons that's biker money. Collected from bikers and should ONLY be spent on stuff that benefits bikers, and bikers only.

So BRONZ is going to be asking for answers, very publicly. And they've one of our own to put forward, which is using (some) of that dosh to provide motorcycle training facilities throughout the country. It's hard for motorcyclists to upskill (either newbies or experienced riders wanting to improve their skills) on the road. And the only venues available, like Hampton Downs cost megabucks. Other options like car parks are dodgy, unsafe and lack facilities like toilets and classrooms.

They reckon $3 million a year, every year, could provide a venue in every major centre, easy .

But that's just one idea. We want input from bikers on other ideas. (Unlike Messrs Scratcha and Katman, BRONZ works on the basis of asking bikers what they want , not ordering them about) .

So , if you are coming (all this is on the basis that I don't get to spend the day in the pub), put your think cap on and come up with some thoughts. BRONZ will have facilities to pass them on.

But , for Lawd's sake, DON'T go hog wild posting them up here. It's a BRONZ gig, not a KB one. Posting them here won't achieve anything. Take them along to the meeting, or email them to BRONZ.

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yes! We welcome all sorts. You can bring those new arseless chaps of yours.
    Arseless Chaps? Thank god for that.

Bike
    tedium
    So, dude, what are you organising ? Y'know, it's a free country, if you don't like the program , you can start your own. It's quite easy actually, y' just gotta get off y'arse and , like, do it.
    Oh here we go. Well I thought I'd give BRONZ first crack since they're always wittering on about how they represent me. To be honest, it's not my "calling" and I'd rather not do something at all than do it half arsed.

BRONZ only managed to roll 7000 bikes into Wellington, but with your consummate organising ability, you'll easily roll 20000.
    Really? That was all BRONZ was it? And I'm sorry, 7000 bikes ...pathetic. $3 grand collected? Ridiculous...less than 50c each. Yes, me, myself and I would easily have rolled 20,000. I'd have sat down with the motorcycle industry and the silly rich fucks at ULYSSES to ensure we were all singing fron the same hymn sheet

Unlike Messrs Scratcha and Katman, BRONZ works on the basis of asking bikers what they want , not ordering them about
    Well if you're gonna make this personal :- I don't recall you asking me what I wanted before you rolled over for the television cameras. You can't really pull off the "psycopathic fucked off biker" thing after that performance Les.

You remind me of the silly beardy cunt who used to run MAG (Motorcycle Action Group) in the UK. He caused more damage than good and eventually got the boot for a more professional organisation.

ps. Can ya fix the amounts on your "damn the levies" page as I can assure you, my renewal notice was more than $426.92

pps. You've been told this before but spouting shite like "There is no proven benefit from compulsory driver/rider training, and the instigation of such policies, pending evidence to the contrary, needs to be revisited" on your website does us no favours.

ppps. See you at the "mystery tour" on Sunday the 27th.

Bike
    Zero, I would hope. We don't need martyrs. Of course, if you insist on doing stupid shit ....

Disrespectful. Spectacular. Not illegal.
    Unfortunately disrespectful is sometimes also illegal...if its anything to do with protesting and not conforming to the "system" but never mind.. i will just make sure i leave any weapons or drugs at home then

I will be there...

Bike
    Unfortunately disrespectful is sometimes also illegal...if its anything to do with protesting and not conforming to the "system"

That's true. I've seen cops at protests invoke great ingenuity to find excuses to arrest those who don't conform to the system. The actual legality of otherwise is a very minor point. As some protesters who were arrested the LAST time a Chinese delegation was here found out.

And bikers aren't exactly a conforming lot, on the whole. And as I noted there'll probably be enough unregistered, illegally parked, overly noisy etc etc bikes, if Mr Plod really wants to get stuck in.

However, bikers have a big brownie point credit with the police at present. They were so amazed that BIKEOI! didn't turn into a riot, that they think we're pretty cool .

So I don't think they'll be overly zealous.

Bike
    However, bikers have a big brownie point credit with the police at present. They were so amazed that BIKEOI! didn't turn into a riot, that they think we're pretty cool .

So I don't think they'll be overly zealous.

Very good to hear that becuase i have CBR on hold and 0 demerits left

...its mostly all before i got my full, No "L" plate displayed 2x, riding 1000cc on restricted 1x and 61km ticket in a cage...one licence to be suspended in no time!

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    BRONZ only managed to roll 7000 bikes into Wellington.
    BRONZ did what? Sorry maybe you need to have a reality check.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    BRONZ did what? Sorry maybe you need to have a reality check.
    Where do you get those? I think i need one done too...

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Where do you get those? I think i need one done too...
    There were a hell of a lot of people involved in organising the Wellington ride not affiliated with BRONZ. This was in time, money, energy and effort. For Les aka Ixion aka BRONZ to try and take credit for it is wrong!

Sorry 7000 wasnt enough for you Ixion. But it looked pretty bloody impressive from where I was standing at Westpac Stadium. BRONZ Auckland has done NOTHING since November and now you expect us to become all confrontational.

Thread Information