Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC protest movement dead?

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Im putting money on the rates stay the same until a new government

The big bike prices will drop and classic Jap bike soar

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Prefer Buell but not a snob
    Interesting...I was under the impression that there will be another big Welly protest...I'll be there AGAIN.

I have been there for both of the protests at Parliament, been to local ones as well and am currently with-holding rego fees on a bike ... won't say too much about that cos I wouldn't want to draw unwanted attention...

I know quite a few riders that are saying "F U! I would rather risk a $200 fine from the MOT than hand over $$s to ACC".
    ...it is better to live 1 day as a Tiger than 1000 years as a sheep...

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    the battle to reduce the levies on the rego's has been lost, so forget about it people. The levies have come in to effect already.

We acheived a reduction from the bikeoi last year and if we wanted more of a reduction or at least a freeze on levies we needed to back up the bikeoi protest straight after and that has passed.

So what is the battle for now? keeping the levies at the new rate without a further increase next year? or to keep ACC as a no-fault principle?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxxa View Post
    the battle to reduce the levies on the rego's has been lost, so forget about it people. The levies have come in to effect already.

We acheived a reduction from the bikeoi last year and if we wanted more of a reduction or at least a freeze on levies we needed to back up the bikeoi protest straight after and that has passed.

So what is the battle for now? keeping the levies at the new rate without a further increase next year? or to keep ACC as a no-fault principle?
    What this Country needs Tony is, a dedicated, elected body to protect and promote Motorcycling in New Zealand.

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    What this Country needs Tony is, a dedicated, elected body to protect and promote Motorcycling in New Zealand.
    Hmmmm, like that's ever gonna happen eh????

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    already some people are selling the bikes

what will it take to before the average Kiwi does something

even the French , get of their arses , and they give up at a drop of the hat

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    The issue is still quietly bubbling away in the background.
    The cartoonist in our local paper occasionally gives it a kick too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hubbard.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	216357  
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Think the issue is firmly back on the agenda...
    www.mag-nz.org

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    Think the issue is firmly back on the agenda...
    www.mag-nz.org
    ...and some.....

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    already some people are selling the bikes

what will it take to before the average Kiwi does something

even the French , get of their arses , and they give up at a drop of the hat

Stephen
    I really hope not too long, there are still some of us around that wont stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I really hope not too long, there are still some of us around that wont stop.
    Sorry if I always sound like a wowser , but I have been banging my head againt that , "still mustn't grumble " attitude , 99 % of kiwis have ( yes 99! most say they do , but actually don't )

Nz was such a nice place until the reforms , I worked my arse off ( and paid for ) protests , but sadly 400 Lincon students on a Wednesday afternoon , doesn't shift the points to allow the political train to alter its course
    coupled with the fact that , the bond market is putting pressure on NZ ( who is doing rather well) to reduce the loans

our politicians ( I don't think ) have much room to maneuver , But on saying that ,

ACC is the jewel in the crown of NZ , and We as a people are F"#$ing that up

I will not ( am not ) going to be a part of that destruction

Stephen

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    Sorry if I always sound like a wowser , but I have been banging my head againt that , "still mustn't grumble " attitude , 99 % of kiwis have ( yes 99! most say they do , but actually don't )

Nz was such a nice place until the reforms , I worked my arse off ( and paid for ) protests , but sadly 400 Lincon students on a Wednesday afternoon , doesn't shift the points to allow the political train to alter its course
    coupled with the fact that , the bond market is putting pressure on NZ ( who is doing rather well) to reduce the loans

our politicians ( I don't think ) have much room to maneuver , But on saying that ,

ACC is the jewel in the crown of NZ , and We as a people are F"#$ing that up

I will not ( am not ) going to be a part of that destruction

Stephen
    You sure you won't come with us?
    You sound just like Mom...
    Have a think...
    Night.

Bike
    Your mom
    I've given up on the thought of protesting. I'm just putting the rego on hold and I'm hoping I won't get snapped.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    You sure you won't come with us?
    You sound just like Mom...
    Have a think...
    Night.
    Most likely will pay me fee and Join , but Im not in NZ , I voted with my feet , Will come back to retire , with enough to see me right

Stephen

Bike
    Canadian Red Back
    Acc protest movement dead no, matured yes. The movement is no longer a single issue movement, it has I feel has matured to take on the many issues that face motorcycling. The coming together of groups such as APEG Christchurch and MAG-NZ formally Auckland Action Group can only mean good things for motorcyling, MAG-NZ has already received recognition from other motorcycle representative groups and govt roading committees, this can only be good for motorcyclist.

We have as members some particularly good lobbyist all of which are well respected within govt circles and the motorcycle industry.

Insider knowledge tells me watch this space and all we ask from the motorcycling public is your support.

Thread Information