Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACC up to their old tricks, undisclosed rego increase from 1/7/2010

Bike
    Crashed it.
    It was in the amendment.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    . .
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    "How it will work in NZ is still being worked out - however, it will be used only for motorcycle safety programmes..."
    Rest assured it will be used to buy more police resources to ensure all vehicle drivers are registered. I can see permanent police checkpoints with little huts and barriers set up on all major thouroughfares in the not too distant future.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    Rest assured it will be used to buy more police resources to ensure all vehicle drivers are registered. I can see permanent police checkpoints with little huts and barriers set up on all major thouroughfares in the not too distant future.
    nah, think it'll go to ANPR with a cop nearby to pull em over, no need for barriers with that.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Get fucked, I was there at the Wellington meeting. It was decided by them (not asked for by us) and is akin to the $50 safety levy collected in Nicks favourite Australian state, Victoria. They're yet to touch base with any of the other groups from around that table as to how it will be spent...
    So the head of Bronz was not quoted saying something along the lines of "We need to spend more money on training....."
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Sold
    This will just go on and on, change the government and this will just go on and on, change the government and this will go on and on, change the government and this will just go on and on!

Change MMP to something like STV and it might "STOP"!

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    I wonder if it'll be the same with cars? I am startting to get fed up with these slippery little blue fuckers...
    yep
    Cars are up a hundred.

I went to register my new (2nd hand) 4x4 and they wanted to charge me Over $400. After realising my "car" exprired before 01/07/2010.
    the price (before gst went down by $100 exactly when I told them reg was already expired on 26/06/2010.

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    nah, think it'll go to ANPR with a cop nearby to pull em over, no need for barriers with that.
    Very very close except the bill will be sent in the mail...

ANPR can process 1000 vehicles per hour static or mobile in both directions.

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustic101 View Post
    Very very close except the bill will be sent in the mail...

ANPR can process 1000 vehicles per hour static or mobile in both directions.
    And it's already being used. I've seen the white Hyundai iLoad (same as the latest mobile speed camera units) with a huge forward facing (over the driver) and left side side facing IR cameras - at first I I thought it was Google Streetview, but it was a cop driving and it was going around the Manukau Westfield carpark lane by lane with about 3 marked cars in attendance. A mate has seen it in operation at a checkpoint near the Airport.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Preload View Post
    And it's already being used. I've seen the white Hyundai iLoad (same as the latest mobile speed camera units) with a huge forward facing (over the driver) and left side side facing IR cameras - at first I I thought it was Google Streetview, but it was a cop driving and it was going around the Manukau Westfield carpark lane by lane with about 3 marked cars in attendance. A mate has seen it in operation at a checkpoint near the Airport.
    Only in pilot at the moment not production.

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustic101 View Post
    Only in pilot at the moment not production.
    They certainly appeared to be using it when I saw it.

Thread Information