Thread: Owners of multiple bikes -an idea to discuss.

Bike
    Honda PC800

Owners of multiple bikes -an idea to discuss.

There are a fair few of us on the road who own more than one road registered bike.
    if they are all 601cc or larger the registration fees are apsolutely huge. -(yuu ya dont't say I'm hearin from you all)
    A thought to concider for a "band of brothers". Form a company with several shareholders (all of whom own multiple bikes. .Make that company a vehicle sales company and as such apply for yellow number plates. Each shareholder gets ONE plate and the company in its records clearly shows who is responsible for that plate.
    EACH plate will cost the same amount as a normal registration BUT can be put on any otherwise road legal motorcycle.-So the bikes still need a WOF
    All the bikes concerned have their registration put on hold.
    In other words if its say 4 partners all owning 4 bikes each it would cost each of them around $650.00 a year for registration for ALL their bikes.
    Food for thought.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I thought dealer plates were only valid within a certain radius of the address they're registered to though.

Or are we not talking about dealer plates?

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Great idea, can you include your cars as well ? I suppose the insurance policy for multiple vehicles would be a bit higher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Love this thread.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	212600  

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Great idea, can you include your cars as well ? I suppose the insurance policy for multiple vehicles would be a bit higher.
    unfortunately cars use a different plate.It could be done but would only be usefull for multiple car ownership.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    BMW
    Just put your bike on an A class rego, the fine is only $200 you can get caught twice a year for that price and if you can prove that your going to a shop to replace a tyre or something then your aloud to do that

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Just put your bike on an A class rego, the fine is only $200 you can get caught twice a year for that price and if you can prove that your going to a shop to replace a tyre or something then your aloud to do that
    The point here though is that this is a legal registration. so no need to tell lies.Lets face it at 10.30 at night coming back from the pub you really are asking for trouble with A class

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Hey Frosty, answer my question at post #2.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Hey Frosty, answer my question at post #2.
    I DID so chill bro.
    Fuggonlyknowswhereitwent. Yes Im talking about trade plates and no there isn't a limit distance wise. One young cop tried to say that they were only for picking up uncomplied cars from the boats.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Thanks Frosty (the post was meant in jest).

Now that I know they're referred to as trade plates, not dealer plates, I was able to find this on the NZTA site.

Using trade plates

You can only use trade plates for the purpose for which we supply them. So, if you’re a car wrecker, you can use the plates on a car you’re removing from the place where you’ve bought it to your destruction premises. If you use the plates for any other purpose, you can be fined for using an unregistered and unlicensed vehicle.

And this: http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/regi...plates-un.html

Sounds like there's plenty of gray area.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Most of the stuff there applies to vehicles with no WOF.

Bike
    Tiger - KTM300XC
    It would be a good bet with the increase in fees the fines for getting caught WILL GO UP and there will be more bike focused reg/warrent checks. If something like this can be done legally, i'd be keen.

My alternative was to sell a bike or keep the 999 as a summer only(reg on hold) bike, will watch with interest (and hope!)

Be nice if 'they' offered a multi bike/one owner rego huh...........
    Going away, busy?
    Need your pets fed @ home or dog walked? go here www.petcarebiz.co.nz
    Wanna stay in Kawhia? Have I got the bach for you PM me for details

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Whats an A reg?

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    The point here though is that this is a legal registration. so no need to tell lies.Lets face it at 10.30 at night coming back from the pub you really are asking for trouble with A class
    I'm happy to lie to the fuckers - they lie to NZ

Thread Information