Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rego Rises Again

Bike
    95 XR
    Originally posted by merv
    I'm registering 4 cars, trailer and two bikes. I'd prefer to see the ACC charge on my licence (damn I can only ride or drive one vehicle at a time) and it should operate like an individual insurance policy with cheaper premiums if you've had no claims.
    I really like this idea, was just talking about it with Wari this morning.

(Possibly that could be a annual charge like rates, & when it isn't paid your license is flagged as suspended, Mr Plod would pick this up when he does his radio license check. (then you would get a serious kick up the butt).

Neither do I like paying for multiple vehicles when I can only drive one at a time.

The ACC on petrol seems a bit fairer, people using lawn mowers boats weed eaters unregistered m/cycles etc are still contributing, even if some peoples petrol usage verses risk are not proportional. (pity the govt can't be trusted to use their taxes for what they say they are going to).

I've got 4 bikes to register - damn,I was so proud of myself these days,everything being leagal like.One Honda,one Yamaha,still too many,but some of these young cops can read.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    What's wrong with cross - subsidisation anyway?
    It's the basic principle of any insurance, you pay a premium in anticipation of a claim. If you don't claim, you still have had the potential benefit in peace of mind. It's only since the new-right idealogues gained power in the '80's that we've had 'user pays' otherwise known as 'I'm alright Jack'.
    If you want user pays, then I want the right to choose my own insurer.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Personally, I would vote for Mickey Mouse if he promised to scrap ACC. I would much prefer to have personal accident insurance, then my premium would be related to my claim history. As things are, ACC is legalised fraud.

However, as we are most unlikely to ever see ACC scrapped, the idea of putting the levy on driver's licenses is the preferred option for me. I have 2 road bikes and a car, plus 2 registered trailers. Plus the wife's car. Seems to me I am paying way more than my fair share...
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    gone
    Got my rego extortion letter in the post yesterday, $275 grand total for a year. Maybe I sneaked in front of the change date if there is one?

Changing the ACC to licences... Which is worse? People driving or riding around unregistered or people driving or riding around unlicenced?

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Originally posted by georgedubyabush
    Got my rego extortion letter in the post yesterday, $275 grand total for a year. Maybe I sneaked in front of the change date if there is one?
    I checked out the LTSA site and there's no mention of it there.

Where'd you hear about it, Lee?
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Originally posted by wkid_one
    SP - same argument applies to RUC - why tax this seperately?  How many people out there don't have up to date RUC?  As a petrol driver - I pay my RUC as part of my pump price and therefore have no choice to NOT pay - yet diesel drivers ARE given the choice of whether to pay or not - regardless of their road useage

Also, taxing petrol wouldn't be such a bad idea - if the money collected actually went back in to roading infrastructure and quality.
    Yeah, but I'd like to see RUC included in diesel as well - inclusive up to 3.5 tonnes! Heavy vehicles start paying by weight from there on up.

Then diesel would be the same price as the rest of the world as well!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Originally posted by Slim
    I checked out the LTSA site and there's no mention of it there. 
    No mention on the ACC site, either.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Give it time

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Rusty
    $345 a year to register a m/c is a bloody disgrace
    $270+ is the new ACC levy

So you guys who are on here telling others about your crashes
    would be well advised to keep to keep your tales of woe to yourselves. All your crashes do is cost the rest of us money.
    and it'll go up agian and agian...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Thread Information