Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheesecutters sprout in Mt Maunganui

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Yep, you're right. Yet the risk remains that Mr Motorcyclist, to escape being monstered by someone on his right, veers to the left...Hello Mr Cheesecutter.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Eurotrash
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post

I've come to the conclusion that while bikers may not consider that the WRB is the ideal barrier, we will probably have to accept that the WRB is better than having a bloody big LandCruiser come across the lane into the side of us.
    Can I say "I told you so" now?
    "Oh, sorry. I didn't see you. Nor your headlight on high beam. Nor your hi-viz vest. I was distracted by this thumping noise under my SUV."
    Thats why I don't use either as a defense tool, my defenses are my superior observation skills and by ability to out accelerate any moron who is bent on taking me out.

Bike
    Eurotrash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Yep, you're right. Yet the risk remains that Mr Motorcyclist, to escape being monstered by someone on his right, veers to the left...Hello Mr Cheesecutter.
    In this particular situation the barrier seperates two lanes of traffic headed in the same direction, the only way you'd possibly be forced into the barrier here is from someone within your own lane, or in the case of coming off of the flyover, possibly oncoming traffic? but its a straight stretch of road so not too much danger of that.

Bike
    2007 BMW R1200GS
    preview est

Bike
    2007 BMW R1200GS

cagers is a "racist " term!!

Look ... this is crap .. people in cars are not the enemy ... 75% of accidents on bikes are "loss of control" incidents ... learn to ride ... learn to live!!

Bike
    oldies and a new

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by inorganic View Post
    Look ... this is crap .. people in cars are not the enemy ... 75% of accidents on bikes are "loss of control" incidents ... learn to ride ... learn to live!!
    Oh ffs!

Bike
    07 R1200GS

it aint rocket science

if you can find a scapegoat then you never have to look in the mirror ... life is simple ... its that other fullas fault!... and you can ffs all you like ... and die on sunday

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by inorganic View Post
    I am not a racist, I will race anybody.

Fanny

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Yeah, gotta love them cagers, don't you.

I guess that the probability of a motorbiker coming off and hitting the WRB would be lower than the probability of a cager (or worse, an SUV driver) coming across into your lane through a row of flexible pole barriers - cos if they're stupid enough to drive through a row of flexible poles then they wouldn't have looked to see if any bikers were there anyway, would they.
    I know where MSTRS is coming from and I agree with him 100%.
    I also see the traffic engineers dilemma.it would seem that in this case the only sensible thing to do, was done.
    Having said that can we recruit you into MAG-NZ as the BOP Rep, seems you are already on speaking terms with a council engineer who actually does think before he acts.
    Once you are our man in the bay could you please start consulting with the traffic types and make sure that come hell or high water there are no more WRB's erected anywhere.
    Further to the above perhaps you could suggest a flat moulded plastic(recycled 100mm milk bottle plastic) sheet that fits between the underside of the armco and the road surface so that not one of those nasty motorcyclists killing posts are seen nor able to be contacted if in the event of a spill a rdier had to take their chances with a wrb.
    Serious question.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information