Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multistrada 1200

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Those plus 90's are a good improvment although my experience is they do not last as long...shame the H11 has only a +30....

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    If you think that ZX14 headlights are good (which they are) you sould ride behind a new Concours 14 at night some time, I swear you'd be able to turn your own lights off!
    hmmm quick search says the 14 has H4 bulbs, so it must have a very good reflector shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idubbs View Post
    I did the same with my wee-strom. They come standard with a pair of H4 lamps, ie. what you would typically find set up on a car. I've now swapped them out with Hella Plus90's ! That's bright
    As LBD has commented, if you do night riding, carry spares. I have a +90 in my bike (only one headlight) and yeah, the bulbs definitely have a shorter life than +50 or standard. 6-9 months or 20k ish seems to be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    2011 MTS sport is officially on order for delivery Feb, along with SW Motech TRAX luggage, fender extender, heated grips, mount for GPS, fog light brackets, Aluminum rear carrier, tank ring for tank bag, lots of 3M clear protection .

Will also fit Rizzoma Bar end mirrors, Scottoiler and shorter screen (I am more of a naked bike rider) radiator and oil cooler guard

The jury is still out on Full Termi exhaust, Centerstand, small exhaust bash plate.

Expect to see it on the TT2000 and Rusty Nuts Southern Cross rallies next year...and out side the Dr Hook and Creedence Clearwater Revival concert in Gibbston Valley

Bike
    None any more
    You may as well add all the fruit. A bit more loose change invested on an excessively expensive ride should be neither here nor there...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    5K + for exhaust, ECM and air filter...is not small change in my book....hinges on if both the S4Rs and 1098s sell....

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    5K + for exhaust, ECM and air filter...is not small change in my book
    I'm sure that the lower cost, independent, aftermarket suppliers will be along shortly.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    There are a couple out there now, but do not include the ECM....I am a bit of a do it once do it right/ keep waranty / go with the tested and proven type guy....If the $ are there I will go with OEM or nothing.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Its indicative when you sell two bikes to buy one.

Seriously nice looking bit of kit, but can't quite justify the price considering there is also only Haldanes in Auckland...

R1200GS for example isn't much cheaper, but bigger tank, more capable in my eyes etc. Still, the new MTS looks much more the part than the old one
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    OFF WHAT?

Believe me there is more than a bit of and

But I guess I am a form follows function guy and a bit of a realist and pragmatist (At times) When I only ride at most 6 weeks a year, and when it will be a few years before these collectables begin to appreciate, and because I am paying rego and insurance on 2 bikes and because I have a soft spot for her who wants to ride with me but finds the S4Rs and 1098 seat a little uncomfy after 1000km in one day....

If the MTS had not come along I probably would not have considered selling either of the other 2. I almost went for the R1200GS but it is not sporty (or Sexy) enough for me.

However.....I may pic up something like a DR400 for a bit of bush bashing as well one day.

Bike
    MTS1200, ST-R,Sachs Madass
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

Seriously nice looking bit of kit, but can't quite justify the price considering there is also only Haldanes in Auckland...

R1200GS for example isn't much cheaper, but bigger tank, more capable in my eyes etc. Still, the new MTS looks much more the part than the old one
    Well, that's what I originally thought. I had a test ride on a 1198 earlier this year and it was THAT donk that sold me! The bonus was of course that you also got what my previous Tiger 1050 had to offer and of the Monster that I always wanted. The 4 bikes in 1 concept rings true at long last. So much so, that my brand new Wee-strom is now redundant and looks soon to be on the market. I can't see a realistic comparison with the R1200GS as at least my purpose for this bike is quite different. Haldanes..... yes, well, that another thing.

Bike
    MTS1200, ST-R,Sachs Madass
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    You may as well add all the fruit. A bit more loose change invested on an excessively expensive ride should be neither here nor there...
    You're right there! Another coupla grand for protective stuff is money well spent. Besides, you "invest" this much dough on a bike you'd want to keep it a while to enjoy - so you may as well have the fruit. For me a taller screen, rack and heated grips makes the bike useable every day long or short!

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    . I had a test ride on a 1198 earlier this year and it was THAT donk that sold me! The bonus was of course that you also got what my previous Tiger 1050 had to offer and of the Monster that I always wanted. The 4 bikes in 1 concept rings true at long last. So much so, that my brand new Wee-strom is now redundant and looks soon to be on the market. I can't see a realistic comparison with the R1200GS as at least my purpose for this bike is quite different. Haldanes..... yes, well, that another thing.
    Could not agree more, the donk in the S4 made me buy the S4Rs....which in turn made me buy the 1098 with the full termi and ecm capable of very naughty speeds..I love that L2 torque rush from 5500 up. but....while I tour comfortably alone, I want my wife with me....and until now there has not been a bike that ticks enough boxes to fill my desires. my wife and I have toured on a R1150GS in europe that belonged to family and while plenty functional, it was not desireable enough to change.

You're right there! Another coupla grand for protective stuff is money well spent. Besides, you "invest" this much dough on a bike you'd want to keep it a while to enjoy - so you may as well have the fruit. For me a taller screen, rack and heated grips makes the bike useable every day long or short!
    Agreed, the only fruit I am really choking on is the termi exhaust at 5k. The center stand is not perfect and grounds too easy. Screen? personal preference....I do not like looking throug a screen or having it in my lower vision....will wait until i ride the bike for a while before deciding on the screen

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I presume you have already found this... but here's a page of links to stuff for the MTS1200, including an owners manual

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/inde...pageId=1199506

Generator is 500W, not too bad, 4x H11 bulbs, 2 each for low and high beam. I had to laugh when the manual shows you how to replace low and high beam bulbs, but for the parking light bulb... "contact an Authorised Ducati Service Centre"

On second glance... 500W may not be alright. Only 1x 10A circuit for power outlets, navigator etc. I know I'm using about 15A over 2x 10A circuits on the KTM. ABS has two fuses, 30 and 25.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    I wish the globes were H4 so they could be upgraded, but they are H11 with only the +30 available....never mind I have the Fog Lights.

The GPS has its own dedicated power supply. There are auxilary out lets for other gear near the dash and as uou mention, two outlets for heated clothing on one 10 amp fuse....If that does prove to be a problem then I may need to rewire the second outlet with its own fuse. There has been a lot of talk about the power supply on this bike on the net, but so far no one has found it to be a problem.

3 1/2 month to go....

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    I wish the globes were H4 so they could be upgraded, but they are H11 with only the +30 available....never mind I have the Fog Lights.
    If the reflector housing is good (and from pics, it looks pretty good), a top notch reflector will be better than a crap one with strong bulbs.

Re accessories, sure, there is dedicated wiring for a GPS, what about my CB radio, Baehr comms, Radar Detector? I could plug the heated vest into the outlet, no problems...

Thread Information