Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1,000km challenge on DR 200.

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    Hi Wade ,how are you doing? What riding have you been up? XRJ & I both had a great day. So lucky to have him as my Wing Man. . . . happy to go at my 200's pace, carry all the tools & fix a puncture in record time if need be. Must get a final photo of his knobbly & post as amazed he got home on it !!!
    You have done some huge rides back in the States & here. Would be keen to hear more about them ?
    Work has been busy, busy...Spring planting... Haven't been doing much riding with work taking center stage..UGH.. But, Spring is over and time to get the wheels turning again

My biggest ride was the TAT in America. That trip was 5000 miles long and 95 % metal roads/tracks.. Pretty cool..

Next time you and XR Johnny want to get out and burn some $2.00 + petrol give me a PM and I'll tag along...
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post
    Work has been busy, busy...Spring planting... Haven't been doing much riding with work taking center stage..UGH.. But, Spring is over and time to get the wheels turning again

My biggest ride was the TAT in America. That trip was 5000 miles long and 95 % metal roads/tracks.. Pretty cool..

Next time you and XR Johnny want to get out and burn some $2.00 + petrol give me a PM and I'll tag along...
    That is some impressive ride! Real monkey butt stuff. LOL. We will sure let you know next time we are out on a big ride. Glad work not so busy & you have time to enjoy the back roads again.

Bike
    DR650 again
    Looks like a fun ride. The DR200 has proven to be a good choice for my wife as an alternative to her Cagiva Raptor. She has logged more k's on the DR in recent months than the Raptor. The idea of interchangeable front sprockets appeals though. Where did you grab them from?

We have the Keintech carb kit plus I chopped the end of a stock muffler and opened it up a bit. Probably not as efficient as the Keintech mod but sending it to the US was not a viable option. Has made a difference but we are looking at ways to keep the power up but reduce the exhaust noise.

Thanks

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by DR650gary View Post
    Looks like a fun ride. The DR200 has proven to be a good choice for my wife as an alternative to her Cagiva Raptor. She has logged more k's on the DR in recent months than the Raptor. The idea of interchangeable front sprockets appeals though. Where did you grab them from?

We have the Keintech carb kit plus I chopped the end of a stock muffler and opened it up a bit. Probably not as efficient as the Keintech mod but sending it to the US was not a viable option. Has made a difference but we are looking at ways to keep the power up but reduce the exhaust noise.

Thanks
    Yes, I did consider ear plugs when I had the straight pipe & Super Trapp on. A ride I did leaving from Taupo & riding 42 Traverse, Fishers Track with biteflite & back sure had my ears ringing But the little 200 sure sounded hot !!
    Any bike shop will order you in front sprockets, & as I said having no guard on makes quick changing. You soon learn what notches on rear adjusters to turn to have chain perfect. I can change in about 20 mins, boys I ride with can do in 10

Thread Information