Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement on ACC funded $2m scheme

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    What of substance, relevance and value can be provided to the motorcycling community for $2 million? I'm keen to learn, as I am completely stumped for ideas myself.
    Victoria has a similar number of riders and accidents to us so your best bet would be to look at what they've done with the money... (They collect ~$60 per motorcycle owner)

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by cbfb View Post
    Anyone know anything about the ACC Subsidised Training?

Keep meaning to give these guys a bell but not got round to it.
    It is probably based around using the $50 training vouchers ACC give out (for use at approved training courses).

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    It is probably based around using the $50 training vouchers ACC give out (for use at approved training courses).
    Thats a bit BS.
    What about those of us whom don't want training - or don't feel it would be useful?

As for Gareth being the bee-nee's (stolen from another random forum):
    "I have been doing some research into the various Kiwisaver fund providers (my conclusions coming soonish... maybe) for anyone who opted to join the Garath Morgan Kiwisaver fund there is a provision in there that says they will raise the annual fee to $200/year after three years -that would make their fees around 3 to 4 times that of any other fund so get out while you can!!"

I can provide countless others if your require.
    I am not saying he is the devil - but using him as the only resource for things (which is what people do - because "he is a mate") is just down right foolish. I respect people who tell you their ideas, then say that you should get a second opinion to confirm. Gareth has never been that man.

As for him becoming the magnate for this venture......what about the heads of all the other biker organizations in NZ? Why Gareth in particular? Does he have experience with rider safety?
    Seems to insider for me to like.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    I propose compulsory track days as a part of registration process.
    You don't have race - just prove you can go 100kph without killing yourself.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    750 auw
    By the time that list of people are paid for their services it'll probably only be $1m.....

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    By the time that list of people are paid for their services it'll probably only be $1m.....
    The fund is completely ring fenced only for safety programs. The costs of administering are carried by the ACC operational budget so Gareth Morgan won't be getting rich on our money.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    These so called "Safety Programs"...what are they?...where are they?...how do they work?

What a crock of BS (nicely put Avgas) once again I seemed to have missed why I am being taxed $30 a year for something...that something I am really not sure what.

Bike
    '99 GSX750F, FXR150 bucket, RMX250
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Will give them a ring I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Thats a bit BS.
    What about those of us whom don't want training - or don't feel it would be useful?
    I propose compulsory track days as a part of registration process.
    You don't have race - just prove you can go 100kph without killing yourself.
    That's a bit of a contradiction. Yep definitely you guys who have been riding for years prob not need basic road lessons (but I've not been riding so long , maybe a couple years so I would be keen). However it's a bloody good idea that you could use them for track-based lessons on how to corner 'enthusiastically' etc.

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    These so called "Safety Programs"...what are they?...where are they?...how do they work?

What a crock of BS (nicely put Avgas) once again I seemed to have missed why I am being taxed $30 a year for something...that something I am really not sure what.
    Mate you can't write them off if you don't know what they involve! Maybe they involve a bit of fun on the track like Avgas said?! Doubt it but can't hurt to ask. If you're right then yeah, BS

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    The $2mill is approx $20- $30 per motocylist. Just give it back to us with a reduction in the ACC levy. All stupid really and will be wasted on most

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Thats a bit BS.
    Don't take a voucher and use it?
    The subsidised training has been around for a couple of years at least. I've still got a stack of vouchers that weren't used by the Auckland Uni Motorcycle Club in 2008 (now invalid)

As for him becoming the magnate for this venture......what about the heads of all the other biker organizations in NZ? Why Gareth in particular? Does he have experience with rider safety?
    Seems to insider for me to like.
    I believe they wanted someone with experience in the financial sector who has already been involved in one of their working groups (Tax Working Group). I'd say its a bonus that he's a motorcyclist and not an outsider in that respect..

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post

I suggest googling the Victoria scheme...
    I've got a few powerpoint presentations on it but they're too big for Kiwibiker, will have to host them somewhere else.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    The $2mill is approx $20- $30 per motocylist. Just give it back to us with a reduction in the ACC levy. All stupid really and will be wasted on most
    Im with Murray on this one, the give it back part, not his maths (never mind, he fixed it). How much is the CSL for all the cager safety campaigns? Don't see any reason why bikers should pay for ours from our pockets.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    It was on the good
    I hope I am going to be told personally what is happening with my $30 and not have to read about it on a forum. Be good to know who is going to get the benefit from my hard earned.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Nope he was selected because he apparently is the "authority" to talk to about anything economics or motorcycling.

Tis a pity Charles Ponzi doesn't ride motorbikes, and is dead - he would be an awesome candidate for the job.
    His fucking wife has ridden bikes longer than he has - some fucking authority.Just a Government stooge

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Victoria has a similar number of riders and accidents to us so your best bet would be to look at what they've done with the money... (They collect ~$60 per motorcycle owner)
    You only have to read the Australian motorcycle magazines to see the universal opprobrium heaped on the Victorian safety council by motorcyclists.

A notable achievement was the series of motorcycle safety ads that made bikers look like a bunch of moronic antisocial outcasts.

Thread Information